mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Silvy trannies aren't known for lasting, but I wouldn't bother with that swap

IIRC, that is the 4l60E which is essentially a 700R4, so they are oretty tough unless GM did something fucked up like putting a smaller input shaft in the units for the smaller displacement engines, but I doubt it. They've always made pretty stout transmissions. If I had to pick a weak point, it would be the programming.

the 700R4 and 4L60E are almost identical mechanically. they're decent transmissions, but abuse by a healthy small block (gen 1, 2, or 3) will kill 'em. they've upgraded them over the years. there are now 4L65E and 4L70E variants. If you want practically bulletproof, go with a 4L80E. Or a 6L80E. that would be sweet in a truck with it's ridiculously short first gear (4.xx)

The problem with factory setups in trucks I've been in is the damn torque management software built in, just can't break the tires loose. It is kinda nice pulling heavy trailers up hill in lower traction, but I would rather have torque management be my right foot.

IIRC, that is the 4l60E which is essentially a 700R4, so they are oretty tough unless GM did something fucked up like putting a smaller input shaft in the units for the smaller displacement engines, but I doubt it. They've always made pretty stout transmissions. If I had to pick a weak point, it would be the programming.

the 700R4 and 4L60E are almost identical mechanically. they're decent transmissions, but abuse by a healthy small block (gen 1, 2, or 3) will kill 'em. they've upgraded them over the years. there are now 4L65E and 4L70E variants. If you want practically bulletproof, go with a 4L80E. Or a 6L80E. that would be sweet in a truck with it's ridiculously short first gear (4.xx)

My buddy had a blown (ProCharger) 95 Z and aside from increasing line pressure, the trans was stock. He abused that thing for about 5 years until the rear end finally popped. God that car was frightening.

My buddy had a blown (ProCharger) 95 Z and aside from increasing line pressure, the trans was stock. He abused that thing for about 5 years until the rear end finally popped. God that car was frightening.

I need a new cable box.

Someone talk me out of buying a prefab sealed box for my SA-12's just to have SOMETHING below 35hz. I can't take staring at the boxes and then going outside and having to play decaf songs with the sub at -7db.... :suicide-santa:

What are these songs you are referring to?

http://www.****/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/16577-decafs-loud-screwed-demo-collection-2-23-22-zips.html

Here's most of his stuff. You have to download the whole zip and extract it with Winrar (just google it if you dont have it.)

That's one of his youtube vids. He shows off some of his songs there. Too bad I can't play any of em...

Lol censor > me. Just google "Decaf's loud screwed demo collection."

Edited by An-i-no

The old man's Jeep transmission died the other day, was making funny noises so they pulled the pan off and gear parts fell out.

This guy on DIY just made a big pile of rocks, laid chickenwire on top, poured concrete on top of that, and then stained and acid etched the thing look like a boulder

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

sealed for life transmissions might exist, but the 4L60 sure ain't one of them. Also, fuck Dex-Cool.

The 4L/T80E seems to be pretty damn bulletproof. Abuse and neglect will kill anything though. I find it hard to believe that not changing the transmission fluid will kill a 4L60E though. I'm not sure on how many cars go to the junkyard with factory transmission fluid, but I bet its a lot. Now I will believe that they put a severe lack of tranny fluid cooling and that in turn will kill it, but just use, no way.

Maybe. When they pulled the transmission the first time on the Suburban the fluid resembled wet concrete. :shrug:

sealed for life transmissions might exist, but the 4L60 sure ain't one of them. Also, fuck Dex-Cool.

The 4L/T80E seems to be pretty damn bulletproof. Abuse and neglect will kill anything though. I find it hard to believe that not changing the transmission fluid will kill a 4L60E though. I'm not sure on how many cars go to the junkyard with factory transmission fluid, but I bet its a lot. Now I will believe that they put a severe lack of tranny fluid cooling and that in turn will kill it, but just use, no way.

Or it's just overheating from towing...

The old man's Jeep transmission died the other day, was making funny noises so they pulled the pan off and gear parts fell out.

AW4 ? If you need help with parts or repair manuals give me a sign :)

This guy on DIY just made a big pile of rocks, laid chickenwire on top, poured concrete on top of that, and then stained and acid etched the thing look like a boulder

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

Oh dear...instead of getting a boulder....

All this talk about automatics makes me want to swap an auto in the Jeep.

But I'd need a hydraulically not electrically controlled transmission since the engine is all mechanical...

Gotta love it. Kick ass at your job, get rewarded with more work. No promotion, extra pay, better benifits, just extra work. And its mindless shit.

Doing work for others beacuse they failed to do the right thing FAIL.

J

Calling on you guitar experts.

My son wants new pick ups and told me he wants these http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0992115-000-LIST#FeaturedReview

Are these any good? Are there better ones he should look at?

Your help is greatly appericated.

Depends on what sort of sound he is after. I personally despise strats, but that doesn't mean anything.

What does he have now and why does he want to change them?

http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=400

He plays old rock music. AC/DC, Ozzy stuff.

His music teacher suggested it.

I will he checking in on my phone today.

Someone talk me out of buying a prefab sealed box for my SA-12's just to have SOMETHING below 35hz. I can't take staring at the boxes and then going outside and having to play decaf songs with the sub at -7db.... :suicide-santa:

http://www.****/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/16577-decafs-loud-screwed-demo-collection-2-23-22-zips.html

Here's most of his stuff. You have to download the whole zip and extract it with Winrar (just google it if you dont have it.)

That's one of his youtube vids. He shows off some of his songs there. Too bad I can't play any of em...

Lol censor > me. Just google "Decaf's loud screwed demo collection."

Ok thanks. I will listen to it later.

tehboobs.gif

HEY, where did you find video of my wife? I love Double DDDDDDDDDDDD'Z!!!!!!

Decaf is the screen name of a guy who mixes music just for us bassheads, I have all his stuff :)

The importance of Capitalization. "I helped my uncle jack off a horse" or "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse".

I measured an 18" neck here. Matt sounds like some of my Rugby playing friends.

Riding was great yesterday. Other than I can't believe how much trash lowlife dirtbags dump on public land. I counted atleast 6 couches and 3 or 4 mattresses, not to mention all the other trash.

Decaf is the screen name of a guy who mixes music just for us bassheads, I have all his stuff :)

The importance of Capitalization. "I helped my uncle jack off a horse" or "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse".

Or

"I helped my uncle, jack off a horse" or "I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse".

J

Riding was great yesterday. Other than I can't believe how much trash lowlife dirtbags dump on public land. I counted atleast 6 couches and 3 or 4 mattresses, not to mention all the other trash.

God how you would hate to see Iraq LOL.

J

I found some wicked new trails yesterday. Single track style ones. The best one followed a cliff edge for a ways and had lots of obstacles. Also a few new dry creek beds to traverse. I think we are going back to the same area today. :)

The starter on the Grizzly bit the dust yesterday. Had to pull start it. I will have to run to the stealership this morning and buy one.

Calling on you guitar experts.

My son wants new pick ups and told me he wants these http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0992115-000-LIST#FeaturedReview

Are these any good? Are there better ones he should look at?

Your help is greatly appericated.

Depends on what sort of sound he is after. I personally despise strats, but that doesn't mean anything.

What does he have now and why does he want to change them?

http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=400

He plays old rock music. AC/DC, Ozzy stuff.

His music teacher suggested it.

I will he checking in on my phone today.

Needs a humbucker. May be more logical to find a used guitar and sell what he has. Some stellar pieces go cheap from the 80's these days.