mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

That you for taking the time to explaining. I am familiar with the process of polishing, but just wanted an opinion from you guys.

Guess I'll be busy this weekend unless the weather is not bad... autumn is knocking on the door.

extremely straightforward, of course there's 30million different ways to go about it. For large flat surfaces like valve covers I usually prefer steel wool. For complex wheels (like honeycombs) i prefer to paint the bitches because you'll spend at least a day per wheel.

According to TopGear, these were hiding in Ford's secret stash:

670x377Image.JPG

670x377Image.JPG

670x377Image.JPG

damn, you're 2 hours behind, I always kill 2 before my first class at 8am every morning.

haha.

In one of the those pics, it looks like someone was leaned over the hood getting pounded.

In one of the those pics, it looks like someone was leaned over the hood getting pounded.

I posted that one for Ryan. ;)

:lol2:

I'm so tired of waiting! My shit needs to come now!!!!!!!!!!! I've crawled into the bottle until then, LOL.

I sound like a crack addict waiting for some crack to show up in the mail, wow, what ever.

Nice cars.............

J

Chick getting pounded on a Ford T0P

J

You guys are SLACKERS

Am not ! :P

Finished a prototype LED power supply, cut some wood for the work bench and installed a huge vice, organized some stuff in the garage (ever since moving i nothing was in place) and put together a customer's SPL box.

The A8 is an $80K vehicle though...

Yes, but the way one of them was mangled (in terms of the aluminum), the rebuild job looked like it was on the TOTALED scale when only the front corner was really damaged.

If I trusted Audi, reliability wise better, an A4 or A3 set of keys would be in my hand right now. An A3 would be about perfect for me right now, with more power and AWD, that covers the two things lacking in my current scooter.

I trust Audi WAY more than Mercedes.

Hasn't Mercedez made significant improvements in recent years? I know a lot of their cars are frequently at the bottom of reliability surveys.

Not like they were in the 60's...

All the way up to the mid 90's. Then something changed...

I'd love me a W124 diesel.

Getting closer to finishing up the garage:

IMG_1189-1.jpg

This is a flare after a single wet sand with 600, nothing else done after getting it off the mold. Hooray for wax :D

IMG_1187.jpg

LED power supply. With a 3.8v upper limit / LED, I can safely drive sets of 3 LEDs. Can't wait to try it out :D

Small DMM shows battery voltage, big DMM shows output to LED's

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

What kind and what finish? Most oem wheels have a clear coat that is 90% of the problem.

The next question is what do you desire as an end result? Most wheels have nice enough aluminum to be polished to a near chrome finish if you want to invest the time.

What kinds are there in the first place?

The rims are covered good in corrosion. I don't know about clear coat, but it's probably gone since they are in this condition.

The end result...I want to remove all corrosion and then bring back the color of the aluminum.

Not a big fan of chrome wheels. And the vehicle occasionally goes off-road, so you can imagine the conditions there. No chrome.

If they're corroded, you'll have to have them dipped in acid to make sure it's fully removed, then let the surface prep begin. It will be cheaper and easier to scrap them and take the money and buy different wheels.

I fucked a bitch on the hood of the Cobra once. Took me two weeks to get the scratches out. Last time I do that. If I ain't got the truck, I don't get no fuck.

Just signed up for google plus. Anyone else have it yet? Trying to get more people to sign up.

Getting closer to finishing up the garage:

IMG_1189-1.jpg

I now have more respect for you than ever. I always tell people you can never have too big a vise.

It was dad's pick. But I can imagine it's way better than the small vises we have. Needs cleaning and some black paint though.

The A8 is an $80K vehicle though...

Yes, but the way one of them was mangled (in terms of the aluminum), the rebuild job looked like it was on the TOTALED scale when only the front corner was really damaged.

If I trusted Audi, reliability wise better, an A4 or A3 set of keys would be in my hand right now. An A3 would be about perfect for me right now, with more power and AWD, that covers the two things lacking in my current scooter.

I trust Audi WAY more than Mercedes.

Hasn't Mercedez made significant improvements in recent years? I know a lot of their cars are frequently at the bottom of reliability surveys.

Not like they were in the 60's...

All the way up to the mid 90's. Then something changed...

I'd love me a W124 diesel.

Cost cutting

Hand prints on that Ford look a little big to me

They grow them bigger in the UK. ;)