mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Anyone know what might cause a clutch to squeak upon release? It seems to only occur after it's rained. Release bearing maybe?

Put a little pressure on the pedal. If the sound goes away, it's the throwout bearing.

Do you mean just push down lightly and if it doesn't squeak it's the throwout bearing?

Yep.

Sorry for being a little slow. No matter how lightly I depress the clutch it squeaks after the clutch is depressed about 2". The squeak continues until the pedal's just over half way depressed and ceases. The squeak happens again in the same "spot" upon release. So, if I'm following along correctly that means it's not the throwout bearing?

No, it is. When you put pressure on bearing, i.e. push the pedal down, it stops spinning and the squeak will go away. Sometimes it takes a little pressure, sometimes it takes full pedal travel. It's a very common issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it starts to go out, you'll definitely feel it in the pedal. Just be careful though because once you feel more drag on the pedal, the bearing is about to fail and it will do so very quickly.

This should occur when the engine is shut off as well, correct? Thanks for the info Ryan, I've been reading around trying to figure out what it might be and couldn't find a clear answer.

No. If the engine is not turning, the trans shaft won't be turning and the throwout bearing will be stationary. What vehicle is it?

That's strange. The noise occurs when the engine isn't on. Vehicle is a 2002 Nissan Altima. The noise only occurs as the pedal is being engaged. The pedal has to be in motion for the squeak to happen. It's like a squeaky hinge on a door, while you're moving it there's a squeak. It won't squeak on its own while I'm in neutral or if I hold the clutch in partially at a steady point.

So the pedal is squeaking? If it was the throwout bearing it would be more like a whine, but could only happen with the vehicle running. If it's just the pedal, it probably needs some lube somewhere in the mechanism or if it's hydraulic, it could be the slave cylinder. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you just can't handle the noise.

Ok, that's what I needed to know. A lot of threads were saying a squeak could be the throwout bearing and I wasn't sure if that was the case.

i made a VERY rude but serious comment to a new member today. just throwing it out there...

im not taking it back.

you can suspend me if needed. :ughdunno:

Where?

here

:ehh:

You are a straight up asshole. Take your own advice and "go blow a shot gun"

Hmmm make dinner for my wife or fuck around on the net...

Make Dinner

Heating up the oven now...

Hmmm make dinner for my wife or fuck around on the net...

fuck your wife while making dinner on the internet.

We had coitus last night we are good for a few weeks :roflmao:

Okay Sheldon

i made a VERY rude but serious comment to a new member today. just throwing it out there...

im not taking it back.

Where?

here

i bet you stay awake at night thinking of me blowing on things.... you cant put quotes on something i never said sweet pea.

and i know your mad because i straightened out your bad advice a time or two.

im not mad at you baby girl. :woot:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I am going to FIGHT this AF ROTC faggot in my Unit.

Jesus christ all he talks about how he's going to get comissioned and how It sucks that I'm getting deployed.. I keep telling this faggot that I ENJOY what I DO.

Heres our FB conversation

Jlan I went to Base

talked to my supervisor found out I'm deploying oct 26th in an AR slot

ROTC FAG: You're retarded, whatever...haha so much for school

Dumbass

Jlan Thr Smth

That's what I said, but oh well... not like im paying for it LOL

Rotc FAG:

Neither am I, and I'm gonna get commissioned outta it

Your loss

Jlan Thr Smth

Nawh

ROTC FAG:

Well good luck getting your degree

Jlan Thr Smth

I Enjoy what I do, I love being a crew chief.

I don't need luck.. lol

Free college is free regardless..

and I can go to KU for free too.. just have to get a 2.8 or higher at haskell..

Fucker is talking down on me because I'm not doing the same ROTC faggot bullshit..

KU is right down the street from Haskell and is a native american college if you didn't know.

And this bugs you why?

Children, don't make me e-slap you. Or would that be i-slap?

Children, don't make me e-slap you. Or would that be i-slap?

could be a F or G slap... i guess it depends on what browser you use !

im good :D

im not taking it back.

Where?

here

i bet you stay awake at night thinking of me blowing on things.... you cant put quotes on something i never said sweet pea.

purdy-freak.jpg

Stefan, you beat me to the "front stage help" thread.

All this talk of mounting in doors, and I keep looking at how fucking huge my kicks were, and I want this to be my last setup for a while, got me thinking. :D

This might be of interest for you guys.

Funny thing is, you can pop open 75% of the TVs on the market today and see Samsung and Sanyo components throughout.

I never realized Sanyo components were so prevalent in the marketplace

It is too bad Panasonic is getting out of the plasma game; first Pioneer and now Panasonic...who will I buy plasmas from now?! (yes I'm being rhetorical)

This might be of interest for you guys.

Funny thing is, you can pop open 75% of the TVs on the market today and see Samsung and Sanyo components throughout.

I never realized Sanyo components were so prevalent in the marketplace

that read was why i made the comment that i did... i had reason.

and with that said

IM end.gif

im not taking it back.

Where?

here

purdy-freak.jpg

It's CBFryman!

I think I've finally caught up...this thread is too damned long! :D

sounds like some strange Dave Chapelle/Krusty the Klown/Bullwinkle hybrid

AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH

It is too bad Panasonic is getting out of the plasma game; first Pioneer and now Panasonic...who will I buy plasmas from now?! (yes I'm being rhetorical)

I like samsung in terms of tv's personally..

sounds like some strange Dave Chapelle/Krusty the Klown/Bullwinkle hybrid

AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH AYAEEEUIH

I would love to learn some muy thai its fucking brutal.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I am going to FIGHT this AF ROTC faggot in my Unit.

Jesus christ all he talks about how he's going to get comissioned and how It sucks that I'm getting deployed.. I keep telling this faggot that I ENJOY what I DO.

Heres our FB conversation

Jlan I went to Base

talked to my supervisor found out I'm deploying oct 26th in an AR slot

ROTC FAG: You're retarded, whatever...haha so much for school

Dumbass

Jlan Thr Smth

That's what I said, but oh well... not like im paying for it LOL

Rotc FAG:

Neither am I, and I'm gonna get commissioned outta it

Your loss

Jlan Thr Smth

Nawh

ROTC FAG:

Well good luck getting your degree

Jlan Thr Smth

I Enjoy what I do, I love being a crew chief.

I don't need luck.. lol

Free college is free regardless..

and I can go to KU for free too.. just have to get a 2.8 or higher at haskell..

Fucker is talking down on me because I'm not doing the same ROTC faggot bullshit..

KU is right down the street from Haskell and is a native american college if you didn't know.

And this bugs you why?

Dude likes to talk down to me because I'm staying the Enlisted route instead of going officer.

I love my Sharp 60" led tv :)

Lg makes good plasmas.

Try to stick to the 3 S's though. Sony. Samsung. Sharp

I love my Sharp 60" led tv :)

Lg makes good plasmas.

Try to stick to the 3 S's though. Sony. Samsung. Sharp

The Samsungs in store seem to always look the best.. I know it's a huge different when talking about installs.. but I've always wanted a Sony TV

I have a rebadged LG tv, and i Love it lol

I want sharps 80" led tv.. Only company that makes 1

Edited by 14K

holy crap its been a long day. Hows everyone doing?

I want sharps 80" led tv.. Only company that makes 1

That is because Sharp owns the rights to the larger panels for now. Give it time though sammy has lots of money and will buy into those panels too, they do own some where around 42% of the electronics market world wide.