mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Yeah I was looking at the Vermont Castings VCS501SSBIP and the Napoleon BIPT600RBI; they both have great warranties, built in North America, and are available as built-ins; the Napoleon has a 30k BTU/hr infrared sear burner though.

Oops, it's a 15k burner, not a 30k

Ugh, cannot get these model numbers right: BIM605RSBI

Anyone know what might cause a clutch to squeak upon release? It seems to only occur after it's rained. Release bearing maybe?

Put a little pressure on the pedal. If the sound goes away, it's the throwout bearing.

Do you mean just push down lightly and if it doesn't squeak it's the throwout bearing?

Yep.

Enjoy it Julian. Lemme know if ya need anything.

J

I will, deployment for us just went up a lot for some reason.

A new guy who just got there will be deploying with me IIRC, I'm not going to iraq or anything but the desert none the less.

This is what drives me nuts about many Republicans. They are constantly calling for smaller government, the government to stay out of their lives, the government to run the country as the founding fathers intended, etc. and then when something goes against their moral beliefs, they want the government to outlaw it and force everyone to abide by their moral codes (i.e. gays, muslims). It is just outrageously nonsensical and contradictory, which is completely out of line with the founding fathers supposed intentions (forming a country free from religious persecution, fair representation in government, etc.)

It seems to me that many Republicans don't want the country to be run as "the founding fathers intended," they want to go to the witch hunt era where anyone different from the accepted norm is burned at the stake.

I've been using my ms8 with all it's fancy processing set off, only using crossovers, for the last four months or so.

With the processing on, imaging dramatically improved, but vocals and instruments seemed shallow, and midbass was lacking. I know the ms8 is designed to yield a flatter FR and gets rid of the artificial midbass bump a lot of people including me are use to and enjoy.

The max acceptable listening volume also decreased with the processing on, imagine turning the volume knob down four or five clicks (rough idea). Turning the volume knob higher then set before / adjusting gain does not alleviate the problem, it only introduces a "scratching", "scraping" sound.

Visibly the cone is barely moving more then a few mm.

I'm hoping with the new kicks they will overall improve the FR, hopefully less issues will have to be adjusted by the ms8, and of course I can play with the EQ to help gain that midbass and "fullness" to the vocals, while having the processing set back on.

I've changed the crossover points and slopes to see if that reduced the "scratching", "scraping" sound, and it did not help one way or another. Tried lower crossover point and steep slope, higher xo point steep slope, and everything in between.

I'm beginning to think more power and headroom will solve the loudness issue.

I'm considering two of these aura 2x150watt and running each to an exodus ex-anarchy (Re 6.4ohm, 125w rms).

Currently I'm using an eclipse amp (4ohm 75w).

Terrible idea? :P

Anyone know what might cause a clutch to squeak upon release? It seems to only occur after it's rained. Release bearing maybe?

Put a little pressure on the pedal. If the sound goes away, it's the throwout bearing.

Do you mean just push down lightly and if it doesn't squeak it's the throwout bearing?

Yep.

Sorry for being a little slow. No matter how lightly I depress the clutch it squeaks after the clutch is depressed about 2". The squeak continues until the pedal's just over half way depressed and ceases. The squeak happens again in the same "spot" upon release. So, if I'm following along correctly that means it's not the throwout bearing?

Yep.

Sorry for being a little slow. No matter how lightly I depress the clutch it squeaks after the clutch is depressed about 2". The squeak continues until the pedal's just over half way depressed and ceases. The squeak happens again in the same "spot" upon release. So, if I'm following along correctly that means it's not the throwout bearing?

No, it is. When you put pressure on bearing, i.e. push the pedal down, it stops spinning and the squeak will go away. Sometimes it takes a little pressure, sometimes it takes full pedal travel. It's a very common issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it starts to go out, you'll definitely feel it in the pedal. Just be careful though because once you feel more drag on the pedal, the bearing is about to fail and it will do so very quickly.

Yep.

No, it is. When you put pressure on bearing, i.e. push the pedal down, it stops spinning and the squeak will go away. Sometimes it takes a little pressure, sometimes it takes full pedal travel. It's a very common issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it starts to go out, you'll definitely feel it in the pedal. Just be careful though because once you feel more drag on the pedal, the bearing is about to fail and it will do so very quickly.

This should occur when the engine is shut off as well, correct? Thanks for the info Ryan, I've been reading around trying to figure out what it might be and couldn't find a clear answer.

Yeah I was looking at the Vermont Castings VCS501SSBIP and the Napoleon BIPT600RBI; they both have great warranties, built in North America, and are available as built-ins; the Napoleon has a 30k BTU/hr infrared sear burner though.

Oops, it's a 15k burner, not a 30k

The shop I got my egg at sells these and they highly recommend them.

Applied to UPS and have a tour of the facility on Tuesday starting wage between 10-11 $

Yep.

This should occur when the engine is shut off as well, correct? Thanks for the info Ryan, I've been reading around trying to figure out what it might be and couldn't find a clear answer.

No. If the engine is not turning, the trans shaft won't be turning and the throwout bearing will be stationary. What vehicle is it?

Thinking of porting my kicks with some flex pvc tubing, 2.5" ID,

778156_300.jpg

Vent mach should be under 14 m/s, and should give a big peak in mid bass region, and I can always tone it down, and adjust transitioning per say.

Anything wrong with flex tubing as a port, I figured I'd run it half way up the dash, then make a hole and grommet on back of kick for easy connection.

Yep.

No. If the engine is not turning, the trans shaft won't be turning and the throwout bearing will be stationary. What vehicle is it?

That's strange. The noise occurs when the engine isn't on. Vehicle is a 2002 Nissan Altima. The noise only occurs as the pedal is being engaged. The pedal has to be in motion for the squeak to happen. It's like a squeaky hinge on a door, while you're moving it there's a squeak. It won't squeak on its own while I'm in neutral or if I hold the clutch in partially at a steady point.

Applied to UPS and have a tour of the facility on Tuesday starting wage between 10-11 $

Damn dude............considering you are preppin to head to the desert why get a 2nd job now?

J

Aren't you serving currently?

And the blackout begins. If your on wiki, you can always view source code and still read content if you really need.

Nice glasswork.

My father in law and grandfather in law have been making composite materials all their lives, they make aircraft and spacecraft parts.

Nice glasswork.

My father in law and grandfather in law have been making composite materials all their lives, they make aircraft and spacecraft parts.

Not mine, I wish. :D

I've been reading up on fiberglass and composite boat building forums to learn any tricks to the trade, and a general better understanding of all the different materials and applications.

Ever get to hang out when they do some of their work?