mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Why do you choose a low carb diet?

How much glycogen is stored in the body vs adipose tissue?

How reliant is the body on fat for an energy source when you primarily eat carbs? Now what about when you primarily eat fat?

How does this effect endurance, and weight loss?

im asking about YOU

Are you fat?

Are you diabetic?

How intense are your workouts? Fat is not as readily mobilized and utilized as energy compared to glycogen, it also does not fuel the brain. The brain relies on glucose.

I'm not fat, but I'm still trying to lower my bf%. I'm not diabetic.

My workouts are intense enough that they are primarily being fueled with glycogen--not fat. That's a no brainer.

However, that doesn't mean I should eat more carbs then what I already do. Nor does it mean that I don't heavily rely on fat when I go running.

I'm not going to dwelve into the topic of ketones, but I specifically said I ate enough carbs. Enough carbs to fuel the brain, refeed glycogen stores, and not resort to gluconeogenesis (although if it did, it wouldn't be a big deal obviously).

How much?

$350. The extra lens assembly was $50

Holy shit, that's a good price. The cheapest scope I've found that could fit in a plug hole was $600. Of course I haven't looked in a year, but still.

That is the gods honest truth. An hour of a cluster headache is like a hot drill in your forehead for an hour.

Imatrex can help with some pain of the migraine but as I said, I just need to sleep anyway.

They are giving you the wrong medication. Cluster headaches and migraines are caused from different parts of the brain. If you are having a cluster headache you want to take a medication like Fioricet.

Migraines can occur in any part of the body. I was in the hospital for 4 days a few weeks ago for a complex migraine that involved my head, neck, and abdomen. For migraines Topamax daily with Imatrex as needed works wonders.

Oh boy! Your right Trod, I just looked at the USDA food pyramid, and I should be eating more carbs!

<-- Never understood satire either. :D

Got them dcons for $100 plus a nice box (me lazy fucker) that fits the cargo area well, and an extra amp.

Today is a good day.

Which reminds me.

How'd your hearing go J?

Oh boy! Your right Trod, I just looked at the USDA food pyramid, and I should be eating more carbs!

Lmao i never made a recommendation

How reliant is the body on fat for an energy source when you primarily eat carbs? Now what about when you primarily eat fat?

im asking about YOU

Are you fat?

Are you diabetic?

How intense are your workouts? Fat is not as readily mobilized and utilized as energy compared to glycogen, it also does not fuel the brain. The brain relies on glucose.

My workouts are intense enough that they are primarily being fueled with glycogen--not fat. That's a no brainer.

However, that doesn't mean I should eat more carbs then what I already do. Nor does it mean that I don't heavily rely on fat when I go running.

I'm not going to dwelve into the topic of ketones, but I specifically said I ate enough carbs. Enough carbs to fuel the brain, refeed glycogen stores, and not resort to gluconeogenesis (although if it did, it wouldn't be a big deal obviously).

Thats all i really asked because now your low carb diet makes sense. I would have assumed you were trying to gain strength and mass also.

Lmao i never made a recommendation

im asking about YOU

Are you fat?

Are you diabetic?

Thats all i really asked because now your low carb diet makes sense. I would have assumed you were trying to gain strength and mass also.

I am gaining strength and mass, and that's a fact. :P

Perhaps I'm not putting it on as fast as possible, but I would blame total kcalorie amount for that (not always enough), and not the macronutrient ratios.

Just for kicks I tested my chins. 4rm 80lbs. :woot:

Going to see Zac Brown tonight!

Stefan, depending on how you look at things, either protien, or insulin is the most anabolic compound. Since you are getting protein, a goot wholesome insulin spike from carbs is the champ. The problem is though, that this will speed your digestion and metabolism up so much that a long break in eating wouldtrigger massive cortisol release. And that would hinder everything you have put forward.

Meals high in fats slow down digestion. In your instance where you eat only a certain period through the day higher fat diets are good. Even more so if you are getting healthy fats.

What is annoying is thay you chose to throw out every establisbed method, and tried and true format for athletic nutrition and exercise. You are obviously becoming stronger and more proficient if for no other reason your skill and muscle memory is getting better. You not trying conventional means or using a control experiment on your own self is what is frustrating to people who have put in THOUSANDS of hours behind research on how this stuff works.

It is like trying to make the loudest sub box, but throwing out the iron law because you have some fangled 120th order bandpass that uses natural harmonics to achieve stellar results in 1.8cuf even though you never tried a simple vent ported box with big cuf.

:-)

Tonight for me is tomorrow night for you guys.

Stefan, depending on how you look at things, either protien, or insulin is the most anabolic compound. Since you are getting protein, a goot wholesome insulin spike from carbs is the champ. The problem is though, that this will speed your digestion and metabolism up so much that a long break in eating wouldtrigger massive cortisol release. And that would hinder everything you have put forward.

Meals high in fats slow down digestion. In your instance where you eat only a certain period through the day higher fat diets are good. Even more so if you are getting healthy fats.

What is annoying is thay you chose to throw out every establisbed method, and tried and true format for athletic nutrition and exercise. You are obviously becoming stronger and more proficient if for no other reason your skill and muscle memory is getting better. You not trying conventional means or using a control experiment on your own self is what is frustrating to people who have put in THOUSANDS of hours behind research on how this stuff works.

It is like trying to make the loudest sub box, but throwing out the iron law because you have some fangled 120th order bandpass that uses natural harmonics to achieve stellar results in 1.8cuf even though you never tried a simple vent ported box with big cuf.

For what it's worth I haven't been fasting much because my new school schedule fucks up my timing, and so it becomes a hindrance instead of an advantage.

I do take carbs after workouts. The biggest difference is carbs are maybe 15-20% of my total energy.

Edited by stefanhinote

Just for kicks I tested my chins. 4rm 80lbs. woot.gif

That is awesome.

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about it. Hoping I can get to my body weight in 4-6 months, and one armed ones (just to say I can as a jackass :P

For what it's worth I haven't been fasting much because my new school schedule fucks up my timing, and so it becomes a hindrance instead of an advantage.

I do take carbs after workouts. The biggest difference is carbs are maybe 15-20% of my total energy.

Shit dawg, you said you wuz low carb. That is just about spot on for someone trying to drop some bf. When someone says low carb to me, I think 10% or less total kcal from carbs.

Right now with how I have been feeling I am on a carbo kick. But it feels good. My muscles are swelling plump with energy storage and my waist has been dropping. Last couple weeks with my pain excluded from the slimming mind you....

As for everything else, I try not to take it personal. Im sure trod doesn't either. A lot of the time when a person new to nutrition and or working out follows a more fringe diet plan witjout having tried the gold standard for a while it's like seeing some guy talk to an engine designer how the little electric fan they have blowing air into their intake really makes their car faster and get better mpg.

Shit dawg, you said you wuz low carb. That is just about spot on for someone trying to drop some bf. When someone says low carb to me, I think 10% or less total kcal from carbs.

Right now with how I have been feeling I am on a carbo kick. But it feels good. My muscles are swelling plump with energy storage and my waist has been dropping. Last couple weeks with my pain excluded from the slimming mind you....

As for everything else, I try not to take it personal. Im sure trod doesn't either. A lot of the time when a person new to nutrition and or working out follows a more fringe diet plan witjout having tried the gold standard for a while it's like seeing some guy talk to an engine designer how the little electric fan they have blowing air into their intake really makes their car faster and get better mpg.

IE: today I probably got 170g. Other days a bit less, or a bit more. Okay so I did the math, and perhaps it's closer to 10-15%, but still.

The only issue I have with the last comment is that I've actually spent more time researching the shit then most people who think they know all about it. So perhaps everything I've learned is completely wrong, but you can at least understand that with the effort I've spent that I won't easily be persuaded. Not very different from those that were taught something for 20 years, and one day someone tells them that's completely wrong, and it's really this.

The biggest issue that's made me such a skeptic is CVD, and fat and cholesterol.

Edited by stefanhinote

It would be nice to work out again. I haven't been able to lift weights or get on a bike in three months

It would be nice to work out again. I haven't been able to lift weights or get on a bike in three months

Fuck I would go stir crazy.

When do you think you'll be healthy enough for it?

Been feeling pretty good lately. Tonight is my 2nd night back to work in 3 weeks.

Lost about 10 lbs muscle mass since August, gained about 5 pounds of fat. Sitting around 150ish right now. Worst part s I had just bought a brand new Giant Avail Advanced XL 0. I've only put about 200 miles on it and it's been collecting dust.