mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Why do you choose a low carb diet?

How much glycogen is stored in the body vs adipose tissue?

How reliant is the body on fat for an energy source when you primarily eat carbs? Now what about when you primarily eat fat?

How does this effect endurance, and weight loss?

Aargh. :( Fucking EBC.

Red pads for the front = fine. For the rear, in their catalog but NEVER made.

Now my choices are:

Centric OE Metallic, Bendix Ceramic Rear ($37 so wtf?), AC Delco DuraStop, Jurid for $64, Delphi for $50

And then do I match or grab the reds for the front and either the Jurid or Bendix for the rear. :(

Matt you've gotten the migraines before with the floaters / blotched vision?

I use to get them occasionally on my way home from dirt biking, but yesterday I had one a few hours after my workout. I've tried drinking more water, but that doesn't seem to help any.

And here I thought I was done with them since I haven't had any for months.

Are the floaters like stars moving around? If so it sounds really BP related. If it is just "spots" then I cannot tell you. It is interesting as they used to think HBP and migraines were related, but usually it is in people with lower BP, or a sudden drop.

My migraines are all just nausea and icky feeling.

Parts of my vision is fuzzy almost like looking through a kaldiscope sp? Its not blurred, yet I can't really see a clear picture of whatever I focus on.

Only thing I can do is sleep it off, and afterwards im exhausted. Today I feel fine, but if I was to do something straining then I get immediate pressure to my dome.

Tomorrow ill feel 100% normal.

Do you have a BP cuff, or access to one? Test yourself in the morning if you can.

When you say you feel it durring strain it really sends up a BP flag.

Do you have a BP cuff, or access to one? Test yourself in the morning if you can.

Agreed, if you don't have one most drug stores do.

I use to get them occasionally on my way home from dirt biking, but yesterday I had one a few hours after my workout. I've tried drinking more water, but that doesn't seem to help any.

Sounds like ocular migraines.

621828_435663229808456_1354830926_o_zps06d7384b.jpg

Hello...

Are the floaters like stars moving around? If so it sounds really BP related. If it is just "spots" then I cannot tell you. It is interesting as they used to think HBP and migraines were related, but usually it is in people with lower BP, or a sudden drop.

My migraines are all just nausea and icky feeling.

Parts of my vision is fuzzy almost like looking through a kaldiscope sp? Its not blurred, yet I can't really see a clear picture of whatever I focus on.

Only thing I can do is sleep it off, and afterwards im exhausted. Today I feel fine, but if I was to do something straining then I get immediate pressure to my dome.

Tomorrow ill feel 100% normal.

I don't have one, but I actually tested myself at a drug store a few months ago. It was normal.

I can swing by another store in the morning.

I should also say that my mother has had migraines in the past, as well as her mother.

Not really keen on using imitrex, or the alike.

According to wikipedia (lol), ocular or retinal migraines typically occur in one eye only, but to be honest I can't remember if it's both or one.

I haven't been to a doctor in years, so I'm going to schedule a visit, and while I'm at it I'll ask about the migraines. Just for kicks I'm going to get a vap test too.

Aargh. sad.png Fucking EBC.

Now my choices are:

Centric OE Metallic, Bendix Ceramic Rear ($37 so wtf?), AC Delco DuraStop, Jurid for $64, Delphi for $50

And then do I match or grab the reds for the front and either the Jurid or Bendix for the rear. sad.png

WTF?

I use nasal imitrex. It works wonders for me, and I have no side effects. It even helps calm my clusters down to a certain extent, which for me is a total blessing.

I use nasal imitrex. It works wonders for me, and I have no side effects. It even helps calm my clusters down to a certain extent, which for me is a total blessing.

I need to research it more, but I can get some sample packs from my mother's work, and try it next time.

Now my choices are:

And then do I match or grab the reds for the front and either the Jurid or Bendix for the rear. sad.png

WTF?

I know :(

I am pissed and confused. Never once thought about mixing brake pad types, but I guess it isn't like they are matching rotors. lol

I need to research it more, but I can get some sample packs from my mother's work, and try it next time.

If it helps it is a godsend. For me it doesn't stop my nausea... so I just have to sleep.

Try to reduce some salt maybe?

Now my choices are:

WTF?

I know :(

I am pissed and confused. Never once thought about mixing brake pad types, but I guess it isn't like they are matching rotors. lol

Mix the pads.

All this talk about diets and I met with the dietician again today. My diet had been pretty much carb free aside from rice and potatoes, and now I can only eat them when combined with ptotein, same with fruits as well, and no drinks with carbs aside from milk.

If it helps it is a godsend. For me it doesn't stop my nausea... so I just have to sleep.

I can try that, but would be surprised if that was it. Otherwise it seems like this would be a weekly occurance considering I do 3 workouts a week + 1 to 2 dirt bike rides on weekend.

Ill give it a shot though.

All this talk about diets and I met with the dietician again today. My diet had been pretty much carb free aside from rice and potatoes, and now I can only eat them when combined with ptotein, same with fruits as well, and no drinks with carbs aside from milk.

Pretty much listed 90% of what I eat carb wise

must have to contact Aaron directly for some SSA swag huh? i'm in the need for some gear

What we have in stock is available on the SSA Store. smile.png

You need to get the dang black hats back in stock !!

navy blue could still be alright. def. in need of a new hat though

Once you go black.....

I like black hats. That's all I wear.

Why do you choose a low carb diet?

How much glycogen is stored in the body vs adipose tissue?

How reliant is the body on fat for an energy source when you primarily eat carbs? Now what about when you primarily eat fat?

How does this effect endurance, and weight loss?

im asking about YOU

Are you fat?

Are you diabetic?

How intense are your workouts? Fat is not as readily mobilized and utilized as energy compared to glycogen, it also does not fuel the brain. The brain relies on glucose.

It doesn't work for everyone, that's for sure.

FWIW, the pills take too long for me. An hour of dealing with them is just too much.

That is the gods honest truth. An hour of a cluster headache is like a hot drill in your forehead for an hour.

Imatrex can help with some pain of the migraine but as I said, I just need to sleep anyway.

Bought myself a bore scope today.

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-instruments-inspection-cameras-dct412s1.aspx

I bought the 5.8MM kit and an extra 9MM lens assembly. I got to use it on a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I suspected a blown head gasket (pretty common on these) and was able to pull out the plug, pressurize the cooling system, use the inspection mirror, and watch the coolant drip into the cylinder at the gasket surface. Very cool tool.

smDSCN2044.jpg

Broken image?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozvvhw5odlzgo99/smDSCN2044.jpg

I have an old bore scope, but it is pretty much crap. It is simply a set of fiber optics and a lens for focusing. It is impossible to see much of anything.

Got myself a pair of 10" dcons on the cheap. CL ftw. :D