mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

So what dumb move did he do to do that lovely cut? Hopefully he learns and has zero permanent damage. I took a guy to the local health center the other month for trying to catch a spinning piece of sheet metal in the drill press.

Tried to grab spinning sheet metal? SRSLY?

Yes people react and things like that happen.

Yep. Guy was drilling holes using a regular drill bit without using powerfeed, caught, pulled up, and he instinctively went to catch it since 'hey, it was moving, it is not supposed to do that'. Wham, wham, wham, three large chunks of skin off three fingers.

To those who don't know this yet. GO BUY A STEP DRILL FOR DOING THIN SHEET WORK. Yes, they are expensive, but yes, they are awesome.

And safer.

paid off one of my bank loans today, feel great about it, paid rent, phone is paid, capital one is paid.... im clear untill after my birthday YAHH buddy

Party time!

Today I got in the gym and was less than 1 minute into my warm-up and a guy gets off the treadmill because smoke was pouring out. I shoot for the extension cord to turn it off (it had a button), the button is warm and doesn't work. Then I go to the wall socket, the socket was not attached solidly to the wall. Luckily I got it unplugged. Another 30 seconds and I wouldn't have been able to touch the wire.

Nice save!

I have to come up with a name for this new persona though.

Almighty Whitey?

D586EB18-2DCD-4637-A3CE-D1DF99E2E8E9-763-0000009D41F79EE2.jpg

You slogan could be, "if it ain't white, it ain't right."

Almighty Whitey?

So far...

Flobama

DJ401k

IllumiGotti

Goldman Stacks

Cheif Exucitive Flossifier

George Dub Ya-Yo Kush

MC Morgan

Once I get posse we will be the Sekkund AmendGrunts.

Protecting the rights to school other weak ass MCs.

MC MBA is good too.

Graduate degree in rhymin.

If you portfolio problems I feel bad for you son, got 99 investments and not a loss on one.

Almighty Whitey?

So far...

Flobama

DJ401k

IllumiGotti

Goldman Stacks

Cheif Exucitive Flossifier

George Dub Ya-Yo Kush

MC Morgan

Once I get posse we will be the Sekkund AmendGrunts.

Protecting the rights to school other weak ass MCs.

How about bad mofo... it fits

Got the new Soundgarden album. It kicks ass. Reminds me of their old stuff. I hate when bands change their sound to reach the mainstream.

Very solid.

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Monday needs to hurry the fuck up. Fly home Tuesday, and back the next week's Thursday.

J

Any special plans or just thanksgiving?

Curious if there is anyway to test my rectifier to make sure it is diode protected. That would take away the need for the relay.

Use a scope or a multimeter. If you go to DC on a meter and it displays a constant, likely (12 volt is most likely) voltage you have DC current. With a scope you can just look at the pattern.

Sorry, I meant a zener diode protecting current from going back in if I run an AC line in parallel with the DC coming out of the rectifier. And if that is what you were telling me, it went right over my drunk head.

So you want to add a diode after a rectifier? Why? Rectifiers are diode chains. They convert AC to DC.

I know what the rectifier does.

I have 2 12AC lines. I want one <12v DC line and one 12vDC line. (Tail light and brake to an LED)

Most cheap rectifiers cannot handle AC on the outputs so if I run the two in parallel I may fry the rectifier. In this case the "cheap" rectifier is $40 so I don't want to cook it. I know I can just build my own for both leads and add a voltage divider and be golden, but if there is a way to make sure the output is zener protected of the rectifier that I have I don't have to do jack. Hell the rewiring is almost plug and play at that point and won't even require the soldering iron.

I realize that was confusing. I just am not sure how to test it without having access to the diode bridge on the inside.

Good to hear. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer since it seems like I get dumped in games with guys 40+ levels ahead of me and I get smoked every time. I do love the campaigns though, so good to hear it is well done. smile.png

I had the opposite problem. Unreal Tournament got me good. Pretty much got bored as there was never anyone to play against that I couldn't destroy. Of course 8+ hours a day for pretty much a year ought to up the skill level. Got off of it and haven't gamedsince.

So what dumb move did he do to do that lovely cut? Hopefully he learns and has zero permanent damage. I took a guy to the local health center the other month for trying to catch a spinning piece of sheet metal in the drill press.

Yep. Guy was drilling holes using a regular drill bit without using powerfeed, caught, pulled up, and he instinctively went to catch it since 'hey, it was moving, it is not supposed to do that'. Wham, wham, wham, three large chunks of skin off three fingers.

To those who don't know this yet. GO BUY A STEP DRILL FOR DOING THIN SHEET WORK. Yes, they are expensive, but yes, they are awesome.

Step drill?

Step drill?

One of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009XJ31A/ref=mp_s_a_8?pi=SL75&qid=1352950189&sr=8-8