mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The AK here gets left in he rain when it's too dirty. Then we piss on it for lube.

:-)

The Rkelly AK treatment.

LoL

Room mate cleans it pretty well actually. Hoppes is our friend.

Wait....

You cleaned an AK more than spray some Brakleen all over and then a bit of spray oil and run the snot out of it?

I'm confused.

Oiled the springs and other moving bits, swabbed out the gas tube with some solvent cause it had some crud built up.

I have been thinking about picking up an AK.. we have one but it is the room mates. Can't beat them for actually working with a full 30 round mag.

Kill most any N American game. Excellent club. Cheep to shoot.

AR's are crazy spendy.

Its ALL expensive now... Damn people.

I have been thinking about picking up an AK.. we have one but it is the room mates. Can't beat them for actually working with a full 30 round mag.

AR's are crazy spendy.

I had one.

guns001sm.jpg

guns004sm.jpg

IMO it was the most worthless weapon I have ever owned. It is ugly, sloppy, and it feels like a cheap POS. Mine was a Romanian AK, I had several 30 round mags... I think I fired it maybe 20 times. It was nearly brand new when I sold it.

It is sitting with my son's Remington Nylon (a quite rare magazine feed model) and my Ithaca Model 37 Deerslayer (in 16Ga I might add).

I had to share this little shot... This is my youngest son with the AK.

DSCF0003_zps5cbbe028.jpg

I am sure I will catch hell for it, but I still chuckle.

Thank God this homeowner had a gun. A violent home invasion during a childrens' sleep over party was quelled when the homeowner shot and killed one and injured 2 other invaders. A man defends a whole slumber party of children against home invaders firing guns! Thank goodness he was able to protect everyone.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/222195/2/1-dead-in-Sacramento-home-invasion

Dump some oil from the shocks, or change the shim stacks. tongue.png

Ha, funny guy. I just had them revalved by a really good shock guru; however, he obviously misunderstood what I wanted. Almost seems like he firmed them up.

I was actually being serious heh, but since you paid him to do it then you mine as well have him adjust it again to what you want.

On the dirt bike you pretty much want it to be as soft as possible without bottoming out. Zipties come in handy. I always have the front end a tad stiff so it's stable, and the rear end soft like a marshmallow to float over whoops. Usually drop the forks a hair to raise the front end, and move the rear wheel all the way back. Don't like a sensitive front brake, and I always use organic pads (less grippy).

I've torn everything else apart, leave that to someone who specializes in it. You want to bottom, just not super often. If you never bottom it isn't soft enough.

That being said, I had a good 8' of air that compressed my shocks a whopping 1" or so. That's about as crazy as I get. I'd like to see that use at least 3/4 of the travel.

AR's are crazy spendy.

Its ALL expensive now... Damn people.

Yeah I somehow managed to find one on GunBroker that was still at a preelection price. Can't imagine what they're going for now, yeeesh...

Ha, funny guy. I just had them revalved by a really good shock guru; however, he obviously misunderstood what I wanted. Almost seems like he firmed them up.

I was actually being serious heh, but since you paid him to do it then you mine as well have him adjust it again to what you want.

On the dirt bike you pretty much want it to be as soft as possible without bottoming out. Zipties come in handy. I always have the front end a tad stiff so it's stable, and the rear end soft like a marshmallow to float over whoops. Usually drop the forks a hair to raise the front end, and move the rear wheel all the way back. Don't like a sensitive front brake, and I always use organic pads (less grippy).

I've torn everything else apart, leave that to someone who specializes in it. You want to bottom, just not super often. If you never bottom it isn't soft enough.

That being said, I had a good 8' of air that compressed my shocks a whopping 1" or so. That's about as crazy as I get. I'd like to see that use at least 3/4 of the travel.

Exactly. I figured if I actually said that I'd get strange looks. :lol:

Dumb-shit can't use a tape measure, so buy this junk from TV for 2 payments of 3.99 plus shipping and handling.

20121229_133124.jpg

My little carpc venture so far. Don't mind the wires, waiting on ram and power supply to show up and will have everything tucked in nicely.

4" tall 7"x8" It's a mini itx board. It'll be in the back behind the wall so I'm not too worried about space.

Dumb-shit can't use a tape measure, so buy this junk from TV for 2 payments of 3.99 plus shipping and handling.

He needs a Stanley fat max tape measure, best tape out there. The 16 and 25ft are the best, 30 sucks.

finally applied to my first real job since graduation. being too lazy over the holiday, 6 months till loans start coming in, gotta get busy.

20121229_133124.jpg

My little carpc venture so far. Don't mind the wires, waiting on ram and power supply to show up and will have everything tucked in nicely.

Did you make the case also? Looking neat if so. :)

finally applied to my first real job since graduation. being too lazy over the holiday, 6 months till loans start coming in, gotta get busy.

4123357f3da0f6e125a54.gif

Where are you looking?

Exactly. I figured if I actually said that I'd get strange looks. laugh.png

I'm getting the proper valving specification from a guy in Alaska whom knows his shit. He was UBER surprised though that the rebuilder I used didn't nail it on the first try. Sort of makes me want to rip them down myself...

He needs a Stanley fat max tape measure, best tape out there. The 16 and 25ft are the best, 30 sucks.

You can say that again. That 13' standout is pure BS. Thank goodness I didn't pay for mine.

20121229_133124.jpg

Did you make the case also? Looking neat if so. smile.png

I wish lol. Naw got it off ebay for like 40 bucks.

Digesting food makes me tired. This bug was bad ass.

My joints are way less painful at least.