mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Bad news, another pricey break on the 528i. Wifey is dead set on a newer vehicle as we have put a good chunk of money into this car in the last two years. :(

what this time?

You have had some bad fucking luck with that car, unbelievable actually.

On a similar note, I am spending another fucking $1k on the chevy. It is BY FAR the biggest POS I have ever owned. The second biggest was my last Chev. This is the last GM that will be anywhere near my family if I can help it. A new CTS-V was a front runner until this shit resurfaced as well. FUCK GM SHITSUCKAGE.

What went out?

Bad news, another pricey break on the 528i. Wifey is dead set on a newer vehicle as we have put a good chunk of money into this car in the last two years. :(

what this time?

On a similar note, I am spending another fucking $1k on the chevy. It is BY FAR the biggest POS I have ever owned. The second biggest was my last Chev. This is the last GM that will be anywhere near my family if I can help it. A new CTS-V was a front runner until this shit resurfaced as well. FUCK GM SHITSUCKAGE.

Current issues (out side of a few others I have put on the back burner):

• blown drivers side front shock (leaking fluid)
  • dead upper arm bushing
  • lower control arm bushing spent

I have pictures that I can post if need be. Chances are a recent model Accord will replace it if wifey gets what she wants, I think. When in good running order, the 528i was a wonderful car as a sum of its parts. Such a well engineered car top to bottom, just not durable enough for the daily driving my wife puts on it, or the stars aligned and a collective shit storm of parts all failed during these last couple of years of ownership. Technically, it is my car, but it is what she drives. Going to be sad to say good bye. :(

what this time?

• dead upper arm bushing

I have pictures that I can post if need be. Chances are a recent model Accord will replace it if wifey gets what she wants, I think. When in good running order, the 528i was a wonderful car as a sum of its parts. Such a well engineered car top to bottom, just not durable enough for the daily driving my wife puts on it, or the stars aligned and a collective shit storm of parts all failed during these last couple of years of ownership. Technically, it is my car, but it is what she drives. Going to be sad to say good bye. :(

22b587099713609a02540b6d865373ac2g.jpg

3a54570550d80287932b8fabe793ac8a2g.jpg

4f4482db126e2f98f48bb4ead1cfa90f2g.jpg

ab1e9abd708690ebee2ece4de6635fbf2g.jpg

Nice day out here. Spent most of the day in the sun :woot:

Aaron bring that car up here and I will fix it for you.

An entirely custom 7mm bolt gun build. I don't have 2k+ right now for a rifle so its just hopes and dreams for quite awhile.

The CZ I really like, hell of a lot cheaper than a 1911 and I think one can carry it just as easy, it isn't very much thicker than one. With a proper holster its easy to carry and conceal as long as you don't dress like a retard with it. I have an OWB and an IWB holster by Desbiens Gun Leather that work very very well for it.

I had a CZ-452 in .17HMR that was a go to rifle for anything less than 250yrds, but sold that to my brother since I wanted something that was more accurate and a slightly bigger bullet. It was a really nice rifle, just want a centerfire. I'm probably going to look into a worked over 700 short action in .243 in the next year or two though.

If I spend 1k+ on a rifle before putting a ring on a certain someones finger I might be shot with said rifle though.

Guns or wedding.... Ouch. I know I could have got a lot of guns for the cost of my wedding.

:Doh:

....both of 'em.......

I have to get the W something for our aniversary in fact....

And then if I get a rifle built for me and don't put a ring on a finger, I'm going to have to get her a rifle too for her to play with too. Either way it ends up with an empty pocketbook or more hours at work for me.

love the smell of a pot 'o pintos on the stove simmering away

make a gun that can fire a ring on to her finger?

"hey honey! close your eyes and stick your arm out!"

yeah I'm bored

Aaron you have the BMW version of Seans pickup.

And my expedition is their cousin.

And then if I get a rifle built for me and don't put a ring on a finger, I'm going to have to get her a rifle too for her to play with too. Either way it ends up with an empty pocketbook or more hours at work for me.

For valentines day I "got the wife" the xdm 9mm. I thought she would like the custom grip and more rounds. It bucks to sharpy though so she likes my 1911 instead.

I can't pry her hands off the AK though. Low recoil + 30 round mags + rifle = lots of dead paper and a happy wife. Me and my friends will just sit and reload for her for her as she shoots. She likes the ar10 more but it hurts her shoulder more with it's extra kick.

HOLY HELL!

That .460 S & W revolver is 1200 bucks.

Bwahahahahhaha

Maybe that won't be in my future then!

I wish, I really want to keep the car, but wifey is dead set on saying toodles.

I wish, I really want to keep the car, but wifey is dead set on saying toodles.

Yea I know what you mean. Once a woman makes up her mind look out.

HOLY HELL!

That .460 S & W revolver is 1200 bucks.

Bwahahahahhaha

Maybe that won't be in my future then!

Yeah, all S&W's are pretty good at rendering sticker shock; you tried looking for used?

love the smell of a pot 'o pintos on the stove simmering away

and they taste even better! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Renault-Nissan and Daimler recently announced a strategic alliance that promised technology and facility sharing that could result in the saving of over $1 billion per year. We'll have to wait a while before we can see any parts or factory sharing, but that isn't stopping the rumormill from running rampant.

The latest tease comes courtesy of Japanese enthusiast rag Best Car, which claims that the Infiniti M and G will share a common platform architecture with the Mercedes E-Class. The move would make sense from a money-saving perspective, as Infiniti could save hundreds of millions of dollars in development costs. Daimler could reap huge sums of savings through increased economies of scale, while likely receiving funding from Renault-Nissan to help pay for the costs of developing the architecture. The two companies are reportedly also looking into sharing engines, factory space in the U.S. and possibly even commercial vans.

But while it makes sense for Daimler to share the E-Class platform with Infiniti from a cash standpoint, we're taking this bit of news with a healthy dose of skepticism. Infiniti already has an excellent rear-wheel drive platform and there's a good chance that it's cheaper to build. But then again, if Daimler and Renault-Nissan are truly serious about saving over $1 billion per year, these are exactly the kinds of parts-sharing agreements that will help them reach their cost-saving goals.

what this time?

What went out?

Intake manifold gasket, wheel bearing, abs sensor, exhaust manifold bolts?!?!?!, belt tensioner for the air conditioning all this week. On top of that there is a major fuel problem which is hopefully not the fuel pump failing although I think it is. Hopefully the new filter will breath easier and at least let it live until the truck has a new owner.

I've spent more on parts for this truck than repairs for any other vehicle I have ever owned. Fucking ridiculous.

Didn't end up being $1k though, 2/3 of the way there. Amused since GM itself would want nearly $2k for that.

what this time?

• dead upper arm bushing

That was a lemon to begin with, get rid of it. Although don't expect any accord to be better.

sean, sorry about the pick 'em up. I hope u sell it soon!

Getting random 500 errors when I access this thread :shrug:

Mkader and Sean. How do you guys think the dextrose/protein is working out? I know you haven't been pedaling without Sean, but do you feel it's working, do you feel like your gaining performance faster than you would without?

MKader were you pedaling without anything prior and how's it going now that you are drinking the PWO shake?

***************************************************************************************************************************

I thought I would let you guys know about my roomate. He was having trouble getting into shape. Was thinking about the marines but he can't run. Ribs and knees caused more pain than he could handle for much more than slow short runs. I helped him with his lifting rotation and diet etc and when he got into it, it worked well. Some pretty awesome gains have happened since though and I thought I would post it up. If for nothing else it's anecdotal but interesting, and maybe, pretty motivating.

I'm going to be working with roomate Sean as he has put on about 15 pounds of muscle and went from unable to bench his own weight to being 15% over it for reps now.

We just worked on his diet and work out strategy, and then added in the post work out drink. Pretty awesome results for him. I don't know about size of arm increase etc but it's pretty awesome for only 3-4 months of mild change in lifestyle and adding more protein and a post work out drink. He's getting into trying creatine now etc.

I'm going to see if I can cut his costs by switching him to a home brew dextrose and creatine mix and then protein too. By my math a home mix would be 20 times less expensive than the cheapest of premixed brand name post work out drink with creatine. I know you guys are in it for pedal performance but the basic nutrition is the same, just bit different ratios.

"We announced that we are going to start -- restart the badge of merit that George Washington gave his troops."

"It's what the Purple Heart is based on, except the progressives -- what a surprise -- in 1933 introduced the Purple Heart.

The Purple Heart was based on the badge of merit by George Washington. It had nothing to do with being wounded in action. It had everything to do with doing something of honor and integrity, something to -- something that -- where you really put your neck out and you did something of real merit, not just getting shot -- not that that's --

But he was trying to build people that understood honor and merit and integrity and God."

good ole Glenn Beck