mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Speaking of newer cars, my brother and his wife are very close to buying a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. He told me they did last night, but then today he said it was just a credit check thing that they signed last night. Anybody know anything about these? I'm not super excited about it, but she has a Scion TC now so apparently she's into those types of things.

Other than being horribly stupid for buying a new car, no big deal. Sure the 4 Runner is fine.

He told me their price on it was like 33k, which I guess was only 500 over invoice, but I was like jeez that's still a lot. I'm not really sure why they wanted to buy new. He's never bought any new car in his life, so maybe that's why? I think she got hers new. I guess they'll find out how it goes.

And a 2 year old one is nearing 20k...

My W just had to have the "just released " model of the Xterra when she went car shopping. The just released version was the only way to get a 6-speed, among other things. I finally payed that MoFo off, and my 33k is now worth about 16-18k. I personally will NEVER buy a brand new car, but thats what the W wanted.

I date many women... I pay for dinners out and having fun all the time. Money falls from the sky basically. Account is always in the green

I marry 1 woman and we stay in most of the time and I'm broke half the time.

:)

WTF, I see the Red Lobster crabfest commercials on TV so I'm intrigued to go there. The gf and I drive 40 minutes to get to the nearest one and the menu and pricing is exactly the same. There are no additional dishes to accentuate crabfest. It's just marketing crap, probably to get rid of remaining fresh crab after the season is over or something (I'm not really sure when crab season actually is). What a crock. In addition, they were out of ALL fish. No salmon, tilapia, flounder, or any fresh fish of the day. So basically we go to choose from shrimp (which my gf doesn't like), lobster, or crab. We each get crab, she gets the king and I get snow and we split half and half. Now of course it was delicious and we went there for crab anyways, but I like their stuffed flounder and would have gotten that as well. And I thought there would actually be something special about crabfest. So we were a bit deliciously disappointed.

No such thing as fresh crab unless you are a fisherman. It starts to deteriorate REALLY, REALLY fast so it is always cooked and frozen asap. The best in fact is cooked and frozen on the boat. Bristol Bay FTMFW!!

Either way, you should NEVER eat at a Red Lobster, fucking terrible.

:shrug:, I don't mind it. And being in Kansas, where would I ever get anything fresh anyways? I can't just take trips to the coasts every month to get fresh stuff, nor will I go without. I have to make due with what I have. Plus this type of thing is all I've ever eaten, so I don't know any different. I buy seafood at the store obviously, but it's also obviously not fresh. And I had a gift card.

Fresh has NOTHING to do with proximity to the ocean, at least not for 90% of the fish eaten anyways.

:werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword:

that being said, even if you can't find fresh fish, there's always mail order

Mail order food FTMFW.

I've been thinking about ordering some wagyu beef recently.

From where?

BTW, you can buy it at Byerly's and Kowalski's :)

I'll stop by my local Byerlys to check it out!

In general I have always hated Kowalski's, with no solidly good reason.

then again I'm spoiled rotten since my fish monger is literally a half mile or so from the front door; everything they sell comes off their boats from that morning's catch. Yummy :)

I need some quick advice on ebay..

I want to buy a product, the seller has buyer requirements about shipping addresses. Talking to him on the phone, he agreed to ship (from the UK) but didn't change the requirements. Anything wrong with using a "better" address so I can bid ?

Eff it, I lost the auction.

where in Kansas again? Manhattan? Topeka? Wichita? Lawrence?

Lawrence

DUDE! I'll be living down there soon!! I hadn't realized we were so close.. I'll be going to Haskell Indian Nations University, after 3 years i'll transfer over to KU (Thought you might like that ;) ) We'll have to meet up when i get down there! I'm not sure if I'm staying on campus or getting an apartment.

:woot:

Lawrence is a great place and lots of cool stuff down there.

Sure thing. Glad you're escaping Misery :)

Oh Yeah, I'm pumped! How are the prices on the apartment's down there? I've heard they're fairly cheap.

Many automakers had a positive month of sales in July, particularly the domestics, with Ford Motor Company up 3.11 percent, Chrysler Group up 4.96 percent and General Motors topping the charts with its four core brands up an impressive 24.58 percent to lead all automakers. Even with the loss of four marques (Saturn, Pontiac, Hummer and Saab), GM managed to outsell the company's entire portfolio of eight brands from last July by 5.41 percent. Of course, The General's sales weren't exactly setting the charts on fire last summer (they were down 19 percent compared to July 2008), so the bar was set low.

In other news, it seems Ford is going to attempt to make Fords and Lincolns more distinct from one another on future models.

Who knows, they might even start making a Lincoln that is worth buying again :lol:

car_photo_386221_25.jpg

Behold, Ferrari's new 2+2 GT replacement for the 612

I'll stop by my local Byerlys to check it out!

In general I have always hated Kowalski's, with no solidly good reason.

Not all Byerly's carry it, but the one at Ridgedale does. Kowalski's isn't Wagyu, but same style. I actually love Kowalski's as long as I don't have to pay.

then again I'm spoiled rotten since my fish monger is literally a half mile or so from the front door; everything they sell comes off their boats from that morning's catch. Yummy :)

And mine is closer to you than me. Buddy of mine runs a shop/restaurant in your neck of the woods. Not exactly, but anyways.

Drove a new and old S4, 335i, M3 and sat in a new Jeep G Cherokee today. Supposed to know about the SRT release next Thursday, or at least they are going to bug the shit out of the rep. Obviously not getting a lot of work done, but I have some conclusions on cars at this point. Still not decided completely but way closer than ever before.

And mine is closer to you than me. Buddy of mine runs a shop/restaurant in your neck of the woods. Not exactly, but anyways.

Whereabouts?

Obviously not getting a lot of work done

I've literally done nothing but play with the desktop dyno simulator for the past 3 hours or so :lol:

Food Safety News says that Nestle "put five laboratories to work to find E. coli O157:H7 in flour. It took 30 samples from each of 1,074 lots for a total of 32,220 batches that were all put to the test."

It found that if you test enough flour, you can find some contaminated with e. coli.

Really? Derp...

Drove a new and old S4, 335i, M3 and sat in a new Jeep G Cherokee today. Supposed to know about the SRT release next Thursday, or at least they are going to bug the shit out of the rep. Obviously not getting a lot of work done, but I have some conclusions on cars at this point. Still not decided completely but way closer than ever before.

This has been what, a 2 year shopping deal? :runlaugh:

I'm 2.5 hrs SE.

I am right beside Six Flags and will not be able to go check it out.

I went to Six flags a couple of weeks ago, They sure have some crazy roller coasters now a days.:barf2:

From wha we can see the coasters look cool and fun, but we do not have a lot of free time.