mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

big ass fog bank rolling in over night...yay more Pacific Northwest-esque weather

Oh hey look its Mustang dumbass again...anywho I'm throwing this out there before I pass out for the evening (8AM classes ftmfl)

Given this:

m7e34l.jpg

This means that a caliper with four 1" pistons, a caliper with two 1.41" pistons, and a caliper with a single 2" piston would all deliver the same brake torque, assuming equivalent line pressure, pad friction coefficient, and rotor size? :ughdunno:

sounds iffy to me, but again my brake knowledge is limited to maintenance and repair :ughdunno:

I'll take that as a yes? Good...anywho I told dumbass to look for Cobra brakes on Parts Spot and eBay...maybe he'll listen this time...

Had a good run, just finished a bunch of band excercises. Watching "The Men Who Stare at Goats", having a drink.

I'll take 6 for jack shit, sounds perfect.

KBR is the majority of the contracts.

We have people managing thee towel folders, stocking water coolers, and they make 85k+ a year.

And they get 2 weeks off every three months. Some pay their own plane fare, some have it paid for them by their job.

Either way the 6 figure jobs require some 'experience, or training' but you still dont do shit.

J

So for work whatever I buy needs to be warrantied. Considering I am shopping for cars that will not be under factory warranty for the whole time my lease would exist this means buying an aftermarket warranty. Besides the dealerships (which I have called already ;) ) where else would you look for a warranty? I have tried the appropriate model forums, but that is sort of like searching for SPL on here and not very effective.

Year One and Fidelity have come up many times as aftermarket choices, but of course I have the balance to deal with. The more $$ the warranty is the less $$ I can spend on the car. If I didn't have to have it I wouldn't, but not my choice. Part of me wants to start a company and offer one to my company therefore mitigating the risk off of them and onto me, but that is probably more work than it is worth.

That being said, I'd love to not pay the dealer price on the warranty as it may really improve what I can afford. Any ideas?

Yes, Dealers and the various Aftermarket warranties make arrangements together...and they set-up 'what' is actually covered, the circumstances of the part or service covered, and they keep prior services records on the vehicle in question as well. The dealership itself gets 'kick-backs' from the warranty policies that they do sell. So, the prices could be very well higher there...than anywhere else.

Usually shopping around would be the best recommendation that I could honestly give at this point. I have worked for Ryan, AION, and a few others as a claims adjuster. Basically, I would inspect the higher dollar value claims the vehicles themselves, parts and prior service/maintenance records. I did have to go to some dealerships on a regular basis since they would try to scam the warranty companies...but they also do the same as well to the dealerships. Many times, I would be instructed to deny coverage for claims where the owner had no viable service or maintenance record. Yeah, sometimes it was not a very reputable job, and hence why I don't work in that area in the automotive industry anymore :P

I would suggest finding one outside the dealership, but at the same time....make sure their warranties are honored by other shops...since these aftermarket companies are notorious for denying claims...which ends end in a customer pay....which puts the shop in a bad situation dealing with a furious customer...hence why they don't honor some aftermarket warranty groups.

Find any maintenance and service record that you can find on the vehicle, and then KEEP very good records of Everything....even oil and other fluid changes as well as any part changed. (make sure that this part or fluid DOES NOT deviate from any factory specification at all)

Also, Be aware that the Aftermarket warranty company inspects the vehicle for any type of modifications different from Factory specifications such as...rims, tire size, and engine/transmission/exhaust/electrical modifications...as well as aftermarket tow hitches...and to what class.

Research and read over the policy thoroughly to see what covered, the circumstances...and the deductible if any. Usually they try to roll you into a more expensive coverage...thinking everything is OK....then you have to pay for a dealer to 'turn -off" a check engine light...since that would be considered a diagnostic fee (which is not covered)...and the engine sensor would be covered (sometimes) IF that sensor is included in the power train coverage :P

I can review a one for you if you want...but would need all the information. Also, researching the company too...make sure that there are not too many furious customers out there posting on the internet ;)

Watching Congo, good old Michael Crichton. RIP

Why are you a Port Whore?

I like large gaping holes in enclosures :attempt:

I follow Vance Dickasons enclosure formulas, which disproved the 12-162" rule of thumb pretty darn often, I hate that rule, lol

I follow Vance Dickasons enclosure formulas, which disproved the 12-162" rule of thumb pretty darn often, I hate that rule, lol

Ok, I understand now.

My kitchen stuff wouldn't package that small...not even close.

<---kitchen whore

I'm surprised I still had 4 boxes left over after it was all said and done...just the bare essentials at this point

can't wait to get this glassware and dishes out...fucking hate them...

Ha, you have 4 boxes of kitchen stuff and I have more than 4 boxes of wine glasses.

So for work whatever I buy needs to be warrantied. Considering I am shopping for cars that will not be under factory warranty for the whole time my lease would exist this means buying an aftermarket warranty. Besides the dealerships (which I have called already ;) ) where else would you look for a warranty? I have tried the appropriate model forums, but that is sort of like searching for SPL on here and not very effective.

Year One and Fidelity have come up many times as aftermarket choices, but of course I have the balance to deal with. The more $$ the warranty is the less $$ I can spend on the car. If I didn't have to have it I wouldn't, but not my choice. Part of me wants to start a company and offer one to my company therefore mitigating the risk off of them and onto me, but that is probably more work than it is worth.

That being said, I'd love to not pay the dealer price on the warranty as it may really improve what I can afford. Any ideas?

Yes, Dealers and the various Aftermarket warranties make arrangements together...and they set-up 'what' is actually covered, the circumstances of the part or service covered, and they keep prior services records on the vehicle in question as well. The dealership itself gets 'kick-backs' from the warranty policies that they do sell. So, the prices could be very well higher there...than anywhere else.

Usually shopping around would be the best recommendation that I could honestly give at this point. I have worked for Ryan, AION, and a few others as a claims adjuster. Basically, I would inspect the higher dollar value claims the vehicles themselves, parts and prior service/maintenance records. I did have to go to some dealerships on a regular basis since they would try to scam the warranty companies...but they also do the same as well to the dealerships. Many times, I would be instructed to deny coverage for claims where the owner had no viable service or maintenance record. Yeah, sometimes it was not a very reputable job, and hence why I don't work in that area in the automotive industry anymore :P

I would suggest finding one outside the dealership, but at the same time....make sure their warranties are honored by other shops...since these aftermarket companies are notorious for denying claims...which ends end in a customer pay....which puts the shop in a bad situation dealing with a furious customer...hence why they don't honor some aftermarket warranty groups.

Find any maintenance and service record that you can find on the vehicle, and then KEEP very good records of Everything....even oil and other fluid changes as well as any part changed. (make sure that this part or fluid DOES NOT deviate from any factory specification at all)

Also, Be aware that the Aftermarket warranty company inspects the vehicle for any type of modifications different from Factory specifications such as...rims, tire size, and engine/transmission/exhaust/electrical modifications...as well as aftermarket tow hitches...and to what class.

Research and read over the policy thoroughly to see what covered, the circumstances...and the deductible if any. Usually they try to roll you into a more expensive coverage...thinking everything is OK....then you have to pay for a dealer to 'turn -off" a check engine light...since that would be considered a diagnostic fee (which is not covered)...and the engine sensor would be covered (sometimes) IF that sensor is included in the power train coverage :P

I can review a one for you if you want...but would need all the information. Also, researching the company too...make sure that there are not too many furious customers out there posting on the internet ;)

Thanks for the big reply. Curious as to where you shop around. The local yellow pages is worthless, the internet is worthless (you get 10,000 hits and none of them are clear), I find positive references on forums on companies like Fidelity, but on their site they reference to buy from a dealer. Ugh.

Rule #1, there are NO rules of thumb.

:lol:

He's not the only one...

Behold, the goatse port:

P9190064_resize-1.jpg

And the BTL is getting goatse'd soon...I want that fricking 152...

I HATE the Cayman. Should be a VW, not a Porsche.

Expand plz?

Its ugly, its little, no space, and it isn't comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a mid-engine car but not particular a P car.

Well what do ya suppose about a rule of wrist?

J

Well now I'm convinced, Sean your my long lost dad and Adrian your my long lost brother or uncle, depending on how old you are :lol2:

J

If you have particularly strong wrists you probably need a new woman

Well now I'm convinced, Sean your my long lost dad and Adrian your my long lost brother or uncle, depending on how old you are :lol2:

Fuck, dad?

Fuck, dad?

You are old enough :gayhaaay1:

J

If you have particularly strong wrists you probably need a new woman

What if you had to do wrist curls for not listening to your instructer and for misbehaving?