mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I like bands that sound better live than recorded.

I like bands that sound better live than recorded.

Now that you're getting into wakesurfing you'll start listening to The Drums :P

penguin-shuffle.gif

Every day I'm shufflin'

I already listen to a lot of Elvin Jones, Max Roach, Tony Williams, Jack DeJohnette, Philly Joe Jones, Art Blakey, but I could use some more Buddy Rich. :P

I already listen to a lot of Elvin Jones, Max Roach, Tony Williams, Jack DeJohnette, Philly Joe Jones, Art Blakey, but I could use some more Buddy Rich. :P

Que? Lol, some of those names are familiar. Dad used to listen to Tony Williams. I couldn't name a song though

Que?

They're a really generic surf band.

Ha, didn't catch that. Dick Dale would have made it clear :)

Que? Lol, some of those names are familiar. Dad used to listen to Tony Williams. I couldn't name a song though

That's because he's played them all :P

Oh, test driving a MasterCraft X-25 at lunch today. Off on a plane to Phoenix tonight and wet testing the BU tomorrow AM.

Cheap alarm recommendations? For a boat, just need switches for compartments, and if there is such a thing inputs to determine a short or lack thereof (ie speaker removal sets it off).

Que?

They're a really generic surf band.

Ha, didn't catch that. Dick Dale would have made it clear :)

Damnit, your right. That would have been a lot better. I was going to say The Trashmen, but thought The Drums were more recognizeable. When I think of Dick Dale I think Pulp Fiction :)

Oh, test driving a MasterCraft X-25 at lunch today. Off on a plane to Phoenix tonight and wet testing the BU tomorrow AM.

Once you've tried them both you'll have to compare them for me. I've been on a few X-25's but never a bu so I'm interested in a comparison. How are you planning on bringing that bu home from AZ?

As for the alarm I have NO clue. Could a used car alarm work with some modification? I know I've seen them dirt cheap online.

Once you've tried them both you'll have to compare them for me. I've been on a few X-25's but never a bu so I'm interested in a comparison. How are you planning on bringing that bu home from AZ?

As for the alarm I have NO clue. Could a used car alarm work with some modification? I know I've seen them dirt cheap online.

Will do. Should be fairly fresh in my mind being one today and one tomorrow. Not completely fair as the X-25 is this years and the Malibu a 2004.

Paying some guy with a truck to haul it as I am not going to drive 3500mi half of which towing a boat.

Definitely a cheap car alarm, potentially with pager :)

The age difference does make it a somewhat uneven comparison, but if they're close it will make the Malibu all the more appealing. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive it, lol that's why I asked. That's a hell of a drive with a boat behind you.

I think a viper car alarm just sold here in the fs section too for like $50 IIRC. If something like that pops up again itd be perfect.

Doesn't bother me to tow, just don't have the time.

And I wouldn't really save anything as I'd have to go both ways where this guy can charge someone both ways.

Personally I hate towing. Too many idiots on the interstate. If you've got someone to do it for the right price its an easy decision :)

Forgot to mention, Saturday all the talk of boating got me to go out kayaking with some friends. Not as fun as a real boat, but still a good time. Saw a few Supras out on the lake, but no MC's or Malibus. Did see a family tubing behind a giant ass maxum, lol

Edited by Luke.H

I smoked a 10 pound bag of wings with hot wing rub and they went quick. I was suprised how good they were!

hmm that's a unique Idea. I introduced the gf to hot wings and now she loves them. Best one she ever said she had were just some wings over a open camp fire doused in Louisiana hot sauce.

I don't understand why my speaker blew. I know it's 1000rms, but my amp only puts out 1500 max, so the speaker should handle twice the RMS and besides I only had the gain halfway up. Why is it not warrantied?

I need a sub. I want it to play music loud and handle lots of power. Any suggestions?

I don't understand why my speaker blew. I know it's 1000rms, but my amp only puts out 1500 max, so the speaker should handle twice the RMS and besides I only had the gain halfway up. Why is it not warrantied?

I need a sub. I want it to play music loud and handle lots of power. Any suggestions?

SPL or SQL? For SPL you should first by a cap and a battery, and probably a 0.5 ohm stable amp. For SQL just go with a sealed box.