mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I forgot to add a sizing guide. Did a quick search and this seems to be about right Sizing Guide. It's going to come down to personal preference, but this can at least get you started

Thanks, hard to sort through this for a noob and reading forums with NO background doesn't always help get things pointed in the right direction. More than willing to research but I love it when its shortened :)

I read through that guide and I think it's pretty good. I linked you to the main page so that you could see it from the beginning. There's links to other sections and one of them is a really simplified sizing chart. It's in CM but you can just convert it to feet and inches. Here that is Sizing Table. I really don't think you need to do crazy ammounts of research. Just get decent equipment for a decent price and you'll be happy. As a beginner the best thing you can do is find a decent board for a decent price and learn to ride it well. Once you determine how you like to ride then go out and invest in something you really like. By that point you will know what your preferences are and can find a board to accommodate them.

Your finger looks like it's coming along nicely Jared

It's going to come down to preference. The idea of having the shorter thicker rope is so that you can pull yourself into the sweet spot of the wake. I'm not familiar with that rope and there's no description, but I think ours is 20'. Every boat is a little different so it's hard for me to say. I know it's easier to toss the handle in the boat with a shorter rope so you're not dragging it behind you. Just be careful not to pop anyone in the face with the handle LOL. I haven't heard much about that Proline or that brand in general so I don't want to comment on its quality. You can either buy a rope and handle separate or a package. I've got a separate, but you can easily spend $100+ on a rope and handle so I'd read around on those Prolines and see if they're good because that price is a lot better than most of the stuff I've seen.

EVO Gear has an outlet store that sometimes offers great prices. I checked a little and didn't see anything jump out at me, but it's a good site to know about. I've never bought wakeboard gear from them, but I've gotten snowboard goggles and I was pleased.

Edited by Luke.H

Not my finger, It's a friend of mine. He stuck his hand in between a rock and a hard place helping me at the new house.

I've got some of that Mount Gay rum to try soon.

J

I like Mount Gay, but Sailor wins for me. :)

Flora de Cana wins by far in that challenge.

Cruzan for me; the 2 yr. dark stuff that's like 15 bucks a fifth. Smoother than comparably priced 4 yr. Cana when mixed with cola IMO. 7 yr. Cana beats them all but a bit too pricey, considering I only drink rum mixed...

I have Kneeboarded and done a bunch of slalom skiing, but never a wakeboarded. Look's like FuNn!!

I've never kneeboarded but I hear it can be brutal. I've tried to slalom so many times, but never could. Even when I tried dropping a ski I'd always end falling and swallowing about a gallon of water.

Not my finger, It's a friend of mine. He stuck his hand in between a rock and a hard place helping me at the new house.

Lucky you then! It's be hard to tattoo with only one hand IMO

Here comes my 3 o'clock headache.

<<< Needs to buy a new Ai-net to 3.5mm cable so I can hook up the Zune. I miss the easy access to my whole library.

Damn media players...after a new HDD in the Ipod the battery went kaput in 2 weeks.

Sean, I forgot to mention lifejackets. I don't know if you're already set for them or not, but a good neoprene life jacket is a smart investment. They're 1000X more comfortable than "normal" ones which makes a huge difference when you're out all day. I've always liked Oneil and Hyperlite.

Going to try my hand at pulled pork Wensday. I bought a 9lb pork shoulder and plan to rub it down Monday and start smoking Tuesday night.

BGE fun TOP!

BGE fun TOP!

Fuck you you fucking fuck :tehe:

BGE fun TOP!

Fuck you you fucking fuck :tehe:

Come on up and try it.

So it seems I have developed a taste for Mike's hard lemonade.

Most the people I know who have developed a taste for that have also developed a taste for penis.

I'd be careful with that stuff man.

I'll defend him a bit and say that ONE is tasty, two is palatable and three if fucking disgusting. Have to be uber thirsty and lime is the only real flavor.

I am an equal opportunity drunk...at least I'll try things once.

Yes I have to agree drinking a couple is ok, but beer and malt beverages give me hartburn badly. Mostly the reason I enjoy drinking liquor.

Interesting. Mikes would give me heartburn and so does any alcohol I add Coke to.

Do you drink reg or diet Coke. Reg Coke gives me hartburn.

I refuse to put any of that diet shit in my body

Don't you have a hand?

I do have a hand, but he is recovering slowly. This pic is right after the doc removed the stitches.

263953_1978482500215_1187716857_31835619_968680_n.jpg

I thought that was your buddies hand, not yours...

Haven't been on a wakeboard that has ever really fit and that being said I pretty much just ride normal (ie left up). Its also been more than 13 years since I've been on one so its time to start with the right habits.

I'd love a used board. 2 reasons. 1 an easier board to ride at first I can't imagine will ever be what I want long term and also having a beginner board can't hurt for when others come with. Was leaning toward the HL Broadcast as I think I can pick up a used for nearly $100.

I wear a size 15, but even with my height, weight, & size I am nimble so I typically don't fit into the clydesdale sized shit

If you get a wakeboard as well I recommend learning to ride with your feet at equal angles (ie 13 13). Reason being that once you get better it will make riding switch a TON easier. If you can find both used I would go for it. Maybe new boots if that grosses you out plus size 15 is going to be tough to find used. You could try duck butter if you have to size down, it's this lube shit they sell to help people get into the boots. IMO if you can get that broadcast for $100 go for it. I've ridden one and they're nice boards. I checked and I've seen them in 4"9' and 5"6 and either of those will work for you. Not to mention that boards about $300 new.

How do you pick an angle in the first place, like the idea of uniform. When I snowboard its about 15/15 but they are parallel, but I like to go fast :)

J

Cruzan for me; the 2 yr. dark stuff that's like 15 bucks a fifth. Smoother than comparably priced 4 yr. Cana when mixed with cola IMO. 7 yr. Cana beats them all but a bit too pricey, considering I only drink rum mixed...

7 year is the only Cana, 12 isn't any better and too much dough; 7 is worth the money though

I have Kneeboarded and done a bunch of slalom skiing, but never a wakeboarded. Look's like FuNn!!

I've never kneeboarded but I hear it can be brutal. I've tried to slalom so many times, but never could. Even when I tried dropping a ski I'd always end falling and swallowing about a gallon of water.

I drop a ski periodically, but that would be the slalom ski. I can't deep start barefoot, but dropping the slalom has mixed results. Hurts too much to fall though. Perhaps I'll get a boom for the BU.

Sean, I forgot to mention lifejackets. I don't know if you're already set for them or not, but a good neoprene life jacket is a smart investment. They're 1000X more comfortable than "normal" ones which makes a huge difference when you're out all day. I've always liked Oneil and Hyperlite.

Funny, am shopping for one in another browser in parallel :P On my old lake I'd just wear my wetsuit, but that isn't legal and on Tonka they'll probably do something. Floats enough to have someone save my life if necessary, but not coast guard approved. Frustrated with all I've tried on as they aren't long enough when they fit my chest.

Going to try my hand at pulled pork Wensday. I bought a 9lb pork shoulder and plan to rub it down Monday and start smoking Tuesday night.

Don't exceed 225 and let it go until the meat is 185 and you will be golden. The rest will just make it better.

Start with cold meat and make sure the smoke is rolling when you put it on :)

I'm doing a prime rib on mine tomorrow. Haven't decided how I am collecting drippings and when I am doing the browning, but I'll probably just plop a pan of water underneath it. Half of me says brown first in the pan, half says brown after in a different pan and deglaze with the drippings (all)

Luke, my idea on the rope is that comfortable enough is okay since in the long run I'll hardly be using it :) Figure that a cheap one could be fine for that.

J

I had a crap load of that in Nicaragua. :)

J

clear and spiced?

I love the clear but I didn't fall inlove with their lower cost spiced rum. I think they have 3 ages do you know what you tried?