mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

No collateral damage to the rest of the transmission, so there's that...

Ah, that sizing is for wetsuits not jackets. Either way, I'll boat over to the BU dealer and see what he has that might fit. Tried Fleet Farm and the other budget alternatives to no luck this week. I have an old school vinyl one that still fits which is a lot more comfortable than the cloth in particular in cold water, but I do want a neo.

:Doh: the vests are in the wetsuit section so when I saw the sizing chart I just figured it was for lifejackets. You could always try out a forum. I know that can be a bit of a pain, but a lot of times guys who own shops are members and might be able to check their stock and measure for you so you know which brand carries the longest ones.

When you get you're Malibu let me know how you like it. I'm also curious how the wakesurfing will go and what board you'll end up going with

The 15/15 was a guess and I chose that by figuring out the smallest angle where my toes won't drag on the frontside edge :)

Just to give you shits and giggles, I learned how to "wakeboard" when it was called skurfing because there was only Skurfer's available and nothing else. My grandfather had the first pair of water ski's in Northern MN and I learned how to snowboard on a Burton woody. ie a wood board with three metal fins in the back and NO edges. Lots of fun on the ice. I raced and taught snowboarding lessons in the early 90's, but have been off of all water (water or ice) sports for more than 10 years. Time to get back into it!!

I've seen those old snowboards lol I don't know how the fuck anyone rode them. Very cool to be involved in something like that since the beginning. Weird to think the sports relatively new. If you haven't been wakeboarding or wakesurfing since then I think you should have a pretty easy time with it after getting used to the boat and equipment. If you could get up on a skurfer I'm sure with the new equipment wakeboarding and wakesurfing will come naturally. It's a really fun hobby to get into or back into :P

I have a Mike Weddington Full Tilt board from ~ 96 which is I think pretty modern in its function. Could slalom when I was 6.

Not much has changed other than camber design recently. For something like slalom traditional stiff camber is the best way to go and probably will be for awhile. Base design might offer some advantages now days, but I don't follow the technology closely enough to say

What's wrong with rap...

Never said there was something wrong with it, just isn't recorded by musicians and therefore isn't music.

Music is not recorded by musicians either. It's recorded by sound engineers. :P

Which is why so many bands suck ass live

Ah, that sizing is for wetsuits not jackets. Either way, I'll boat over to the BU dealer and see what he has that might fit. Tried Fleet Farm and the other budget alternatives to no luck this week. I have an old school vinyl one that still fits which is a lot more comfortable than the cloth in particular in cold water, but I do want a neo.

:Doh: the vests are in the wetsuit section so when I saw the sizing chart I just figured it was for lifejackets. You could always try out a forum. I know that can be a bit of a pain, but a lot of times guys who own shops are members and might be able to check their stock and measure for you so you know which brand carries the longest ones.

We have a couple big shops so I'll just stop in :) One I can boat to :fing34:

When you get you're Malibu let me know how you like it. I'm also curious how the wakesurfing will go and what board you'll end up going with

Of course. I need to find someone to pull me now...but I doubt that'll be hard.

The 15/15 was a guess and I chose that by figuring out the smallest angle where my toes won't drag on the frontside edge :)

Just to give you shits and giggles, I learned how to "wakeboard" when it was called skurfing because there was only Skurfer's available and nothing else. My grandfather had the first pair of water ski's in Northern MN and I learned how to snowboard on a Burton woody. ie a wood board with three metal fins in the back and NO edges. Lots of fun on the ice. I raced and taught snowboarding lessons in the early 90's, but have been off of all water (water or ice) sports for more than 10 years. Time to get back into it!!

I've seen those old snowboards lol I don't know how the fuck anyone rode them. Very cool to be involved in something like that since the beginning. Weird to think the sports relatively new. If you haven't been wakeboarding or wakesurfing since then I think you should have a pretty easy time with it after getting used to the boat and equipment. If you could get up on a skurfer I'm sure with the new equipment wakeboarding and wakesurfing will come naturally. It's a really fun hobby to get into or back into :P

I have a Mike Weddington Full Tilt board from ~ 96 which is I think pretty modern in its function. Could slalom when I was 6.

Not much has changed other than camber design recently. For something like slalom traditional stiff camber is the best way to go and probably will be for awhile. Base design might offer some advantages now days, but I don't follow the technology closely enough to say

It has some camber, decent edges, and is a 147 so for my size it should be fine. I've only ridden it three times and it felt a little unstable, but was behind a boat with a shit wake and the fins on it are maybe 0.5" so I should probably get some larger ones. Either way it'll get me some water time so that when I test out others I'll be able to figure out what I like. Hell its 14 years newer than my waterski lol

What's wrong with rap...

Never said there was something wrong with it, just isn't recorded by musicians and therefore isn't music.

And if they suck live, I don't want to listen to their recordings.

*most of my cd's were recorded live

Of course. I need to find someone to pull me now...but I doubt that'll be hard.

No spotter? I've always been so paranoid that I'd fall and the driver would just keep on going, but if you've got a driver you trust to pay attention you'll be fine. Even then finding a spotter will be easy. Whose going to pass up an opportunity to go out on the bu?

It has some camber, decent edges, and is a 147 so for my size it should be fine. I've only ridden it three times and it felt a little unstable, but was behind a boat with a shit wake and the fins on it are maybe 0.5" so I should probably get some larger ones. Either way it'll get me some water time so that when I test out others I'll be able to figure out what I like. Hell its 14 years newer than my waterski lol

I didn't know you already had a wakeboard. I'd definitely take that out and get a feel for how the boat pulls. In my experience they're all a little different. I'm not sure if the Bu has this or not, but some of the MC's have an onboard computer that you plug your weight into and it pulls accordingly. Personally I don't even bother with it, but when pulling little kids I guess it would be handy. The key is having enough power to get a full sized person out of the water and a nice wakeboarding boat like that does it easily. If you haven't been pulled behind something like that it will be a nice surprise. Last summer I went out with a friend on an old sea ray and that sum bitch was struggling to get me out of the water on skis lol.

MB needs to step up there brake game. Not the stopping part, but the damn brake dust.

Try a different pad brand.

EBC for instance :)

Spotter? I hadn't even planned on a driver.

What's wrong with rap...

Depending on the musician I much prefer live. Eric Clapton Unplugged is a great example. Most indie bands are much better live as well. The last concert I saw was Japandroids and in all honesty they suck when listened to on CD, but there's so much energy at their shows you can't help but have a good time.

That's fucking awesome! Wish I could find the time and money to do that.

Will you be making a response video?

Oh great now people are ghost riding boats. icon_roflmao.gif

MB needs to step up there brake game. Not the stopping part, but the damn brake dust.

That is standard with German cars. Higher braking performance, higher brake dust.

Still tied 0-0 in the second half for the womens world cup. It is streaming for free on Espn3.com.

Heart breaking loss. :(

Being from outside of Buffalo originally anything but deep fried is like treason.

J

I understand that. We have a local bar that makes wings almost as good as the Anchor bar in Buffalo.

See I've had Anchor bar wings. Damn good. Too saucy and just a little too soft.............Duff's makes the best wings. There are like 4 locations in the Buffalo area (all family owned) and they makes the best wings EVER IMO.

Going to try my hand at pulled pork Wensday. I bought a 9lb pork shoulder and plan to rub it down Monday and start smoking Tuesday night.

Don't exceed 225 and let it go until the meat is 185 and you will be golden. The rest will just make it better.

Start with cold meat and make sure the smoke is rolling when you put it on :)

My plan is to keep it right around 200 with some heavy smoke. I will rub it the day before and keep it in the frig.

I was told 1-1.5 hrs per pound so if I put it on at 10pm it should be ready for supper the next day. Also with this Mavrick unit I have I can watch the grate and internal meat temps.

I smoked a 10 pound bag of wings with hot wing rub and they went quick. I was suprised how good they were!

Smoked wings?

BLAH!!!!

J

You wouldn't say that if you ate mine.

Sean, I'd be down to try smoked wings again. I've just never had any that were worth a shit.

Being shortsighted and closed minded is treason

J

fixored

Good point. I am not exactly the most 'food adventurous' person you will meet. I am open to new ideas, I guess that when it comes to Pizza and Wings I find it difficult to to open my mind to new concepts.

J

I don't understand why my speaker blew. I know it's 1000rms, but my amp only puts out 1500 max, so the speaker should handle twice the RMS and besides I only had the gain halfway up. Why is it not warrantied?

Going to try my hand at pulled pork Wensday. I bought a 9lb pork shoulder and plan to rub it down Monday and start smoking Tuesday night.

Don't exceed 225 and let it go until the meat is 185 and you will be golden. The rest will just make it better.

Start with cold meat and make sure the smoke is rolling when you put it on :)

My plan is to keep it right around 200 with some heavy smoke. I will rub it the day before and keep it in the frig.

I was told 1-1.5 hrs per pound so if I put it on at 10pm it should be ready for supper the next day. Also with this Mavrick unit I have I can watch the grate and internal meat temps.

I smoked a 10 pound bag of wings with hot wing rub and they went quick. I was suprised how good they were!

Make sure to check out

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/elder.htm

Nakedwhiz is a pretty good site in general, not the gospel but better than following some other generic site.

What's wrong with rap...

One of the best shows I have seen live was Avenged Sevenfold. They honestly sound as good live as they do recorded. First thought was it was the sound guy and they were lip synching. Dude proved its him singing during the show though. With some slight variations in pitch and tone in his voice and some wrong cords it was certainly live, but damn if it wasn't great.

J