mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I've also seen people mix about a 2:1 ratio of grout and acrylic bonding agent when laying tile; supposedly it allows you to skip the step of sealing the grout.

You simply use it in place of the water, but it still doesn't fully seal the grout.

Yeah, didn't think so

Zero compromises, what a fucking joke

Dude! It says zero comprises right there. :Doh:

:P

Hey, did you hear the one about the two women fighting in a Wal-Mart? It's a real gas! No, really, that's not a punchline. Two women threw ammonia and bleach at one another and created poisonous gas in a Wal-Mart:

Two woman involved in an altercation at southern Baltimore County Wal-Mart store threw bleach and another chemical on each other, causing possible injuries for other customers on Saturday, police and fire officials said. Baltimore County Fire Department's hazardous materials units responded to the scene around 11 a.m., and at least one patient has been transported to Wilmer Eye Clinic, spokesman Glenn Blackwell said in an email. Two additional people were taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, police spokesman Shawn Vinson said in an email.

Aaron why were you throwing bleach in Wal-Mart?

Hey, did you hear the one about the two women fighting in a Wal-Mart? It's a real gas! No, really, that's not a punchline. Two women threw ammonia and bleach at one another and created poisonous gas in a Wal-Mart:

Two woman involved in an altercation at southern Baltimore County Wal-Mart store threw bleach and another chemical on each other, causing possible injuries for other customers on Saturday, police and fire officials said. Baltimore County Fire Department's hazardous materials units responded to the scene around 11 a.m., and at least one patient has been transported to Wilmer Eye Clinic, spokesman Glenn Blackwell said in an email. Two additional people were taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, police spokesman Shawn Vinson said in an email.

Aaron why were you throwing bleach in Wal-Mart?

Only at Walmart.

I remember I had to kill some time at night, waiting for a movie. My buddy and I sobered up a bit and walked over to the Walmart next to the theater. We went to the camping / sporting good section, sat in some fold out chairs and just watched people.

Definitely see some oddball people.

BURN THE SYSTEM

KILL THE SYSTEM

BURN, KILL, BURN

Sean, you ever listen to Mingus?

Sean's a bassist isn't he :D

More cleaning tomorrow. And football, beer, and grilling.

J

But for now just a T0P

J

They have a huge range in terms of electric cars.

4.5s 0-60

top speed of 130 mph

160-300mi range

I mean.. if you can afford it.. by all means its probably one of the best electrics out there.

62 Mi/hr charging time..

I mean.. I'd buy one as a DD seeing how i don't do a lot of mileage especially since electricity is so cheap.

Also you can either plug it in a 240v or 120v wall outlet.

:morepower1:

night HoP

I got a shit ton to do tm,

J

Theres a site very similar to ebay over here, I found 2 locals selling ipod nano's, find their email and when I go to contact them one of them was more concerned about how I found his email and the other said it's sold.

Why the are people so stupid when it comes to selling stuff ?

It seems last night at spookhaven was very excitinng! Not only were we very busy, but the fire alarm was set off in our ajoining building making use shut operation down and evacuate the haunt. I guess all the effort we put into safety really worked out for us. The haunt was empty in less then 4 minutes and we swept the building looking for a fire and found nothing. So we were able to call off the fire company and get operations back up and running in about 30 minutes. The last group went throught at 11:48, what a great night! :)

It seems last night at spookhaven was very excitinng! Not only were we very busy, but the fire alarm was set off in our ajoining building making use shut operation down and evacuate the haunt. I guess all the effort we put into safety really worked out for us. The haunt was empty in less then 4 minutes and we swept the building looking for a fire and found nothing. So we were able to call off the fire company and get operations back up and running in about 30 minutes. The last group went throught at 11:48, what a great night! :)

Nicely done! Getting people out of any building in 4 minutes is an accomplishment. :)

I just used the quickrete quick mix, just add water.

Drop one 60lb bag in wheelbarrow, slash a cross, flip bag over, pull up from sides and the bag will split in two emptying out. I did two bags to a wheelbarrow (otherwise I'd probably spill the shit moving it across the front yard to back yard).

Then had a spray gun type handle on the end of the water hose. Spray, lightly mix concrete around with hoe, push all concrete forward in wheelbarrow, spray more water into bottom (like a little lake), then start pulling down concrete mixing with hoe until the large puddle starts to thicken.

Then keep pulling down more concrete and adding water. Spray the wheelbarrow between each run, it'll help keep the concrete from sticking on the bottom.

The key is just to mix the shit a lot, get rid of any dry spots where it's still powder, and have a hose right next to where your mixing.

I'm certainly no pro but it worked for what I was doing. Just a small slab to go under a work table in the backyard.

Ah, I am pouring a sink/countertop and mixing the sand, rock and portland cement AND color which means I have to mix the living shit out of it. I don't own a wheel barrow either and have to have a big enough container to do it in one pour. Was hoping you had something clever that would relay to that :) Thanks though.

I would advise you to get a concrete mixer in that case. I despise mixing concrete and would rather buy it ready for pouring or hire a mixer. Life is so much easier with a mixer.

I was going to use the Vitamix. :P

Actually I had thought a mixer was a good plan. Was hoping to not pay to rent it though.

*out of curiosity since I will mix too much, what do you do with the leftover when you do that?

I helped a guy do a concrete hearth place the other day. How big of pour are you doing? For polishing you are going to want something stronger than ~8,000psi so you don't pull the cement paste out when polishing. I doubt anything off of the redi-mix truck will do that in any reasonable about of time. For the higher strength I'd suggest looking at a lower water-cement ratio and adding plasticizers to keep it workable. Oh and vibrate it well too, along with smacking the sides of the form work with a rubber mallet.

Kwik-crete sells a 10-12K psi mix around here and acrylic is readily available as well. I'd just mix it straight with the acrylic and skip the water.

Acrylic? wtf. You guys are going to make me research :P

Acrylic polymer increases flexural & tensile strength and abrasion resistance of the concrete mix. Usually known as polymer modified concrete or polymer modified cement, its used a lot for decorative concrete jobs, such as countertops.

I've actually never played with acrylic as an add mixture. The one we did was a mortar mix using a mix of white cement and type III monarch, metakaolin, sand, brown coloring, and of course water. The reinforcement was a carbon fiber mesh that they use in architectural precast panels.

Heres a link to metakaolin.

http://www.concretecountertopinstitute.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=51

I would look into using a super plasticizier to help the workability, if you just add enough water to get it there you may blow the compressive strength. We actually do small trial mortar batches in a regular kitchen aid mixer. For the most part they scale, but the full size batch always seems to come in at higher strength than the trial batch. It might be something to do with the mixing action. You are also going to need a real mixer to do this, any sort of clumps in the cement you'll see in the polish.

What kind of surface are you pouring on to keep it flat?

I went to a local haunt last night. I was surprised at how many animatronics they had in use, and they were pretty cool too. They had a claustrophobic room that I hadn't seen before, inflatable air bladders on each side that were 6' tall or so and you had to squeeze your way through them in a zig zag to get to the other side.

*Pssst* You need to incorporate this into your haunt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightmaresfearfactory/with/6124696671/

That was quite a busy night :)

They have a huge range in terms of electric cars.

4.5s 0-60

top speed of 130 mph

160-300mi range

I mean.. if you can afford it.. by all means its probably one of the best electrics out there.

62 Mi/hr charging time..

I mean.. I'd buy one as a DD seeing how i don't do a lot of mileage especially since electricity is so cheap.

I can drive 350 miles in my E55, stop at a gas station, fill it up with gasoline in less than 5 minutes, go another 350 miles, fill it up with gasoline in less than 5 minutes, go another 350 miles, fill it up with gasoline in less than 5 minutes, go another 350 miles, etc. Can you do that with an electric? No? Therefore: Zero compromises? What a fucking joke.

I just used the quickrete quick mix, just add water.

Drop one 60lb bag in wheelbarrow, slash a cross, flip bag over, pull up from sides and the bag will split in two emptying out. I did two bags to a wheelbarrow (otherwise I'd probably spill the shit moving it across the front yard to back yard).

Then had a spray gun type handle on the end of the water hose. Spray, lightly mix concrete around with hoe, push all concrete forward in wheelbarrow, spray more water into bottom (like a little lake), then start pulling down concrete mixing with hoe until the large puddle starts to thicken.

Then keep pulling down more concrete and adding water. Spray the wheelbarrow between each run, it'll help keep the concrete from sticking on the bottom.

The key is just to mix the shit a lot, get rid of any dry spots where it's still powder, and have a hose right next to where your mixing.

I'm certainly no pro but it worked for what I was doing. Just a small slab to go under a work table in the backyard.

Ah, I am pouring a sink/countertop and mixing the sand, rock and portland cement AND color which means I have to mix the living shit out of it. I don't own a wheel barrow either and have to have a big enough container to do it in one pour. Was hoping you had something clever that would relay to that :) Thanks though.

I would advise you to get a concrete mixer in that case. I despise mixing concrete and would rather buy it ready for pouring or hire a mixer. Life is so much easier with a mixer.

I was going to use the Vitamix. :P

Actually I had thought a mixer was a good plan. Was hoping to not pay to rent it though.

*out of curiosity since I will mix too much, what do you do with the leftover when you do that?

I helped a guy do a concrete hearth place the other day. How big of pour are you doing? For polishing you are going to want something stronger than ~8,000psi so you don't pull the cement paste out when polishing. I doubt anything off of the redi-mix truck will do that in any reasonable about of time. For the higher strength I'd suggest looking at a lower water-cement ratio and adding plasticizers to keep it workable. Oh and vibrate it well too, along with smacking the sides of the form work with a rubber mallet.

Kwik-crete sells a 10-12K psi mix around here and acrylic is readily available as well. I'd just mix it straight with the acrylic and skip the water.

Acrylic? wtf. You guys are going to make me research :P

Acrylic polymer increases flexural & tensile strength and abrasion resistance of the concrete mix. Usually known as polymer modified concrete or polymer modified cement, its used a lot for decorative concrete jobs, such as countertops.

I've actually never played with acrylic as an add mixture. The one we did was a mortar mix using a mix of white cement and type III monarch, metakaolin, sand, brown coloring, and of course water. The reinforcement was a carbon fiber mesh that they use in architectural precast panels.

Heres a link to metakaolin.

http://www.concretecountertopinstitute.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=51

I would look into using a super plasticizier to help the workability, if you just add enough water to get it there you may blow the compressive strength. We actually do small trial mortar batches in a regular kitchen aid mixer. For the most part they scale, but the full size batch always seems to come in at higher strength than the trial batch. It might be something to do with the mixing action. You are also going to need a real mixer to do this, any sort of clumps in the cement you'll see in the polish.

What kind of surface are you pouring on to keep it flat?

Built a mold of a melamine, but will make sure to level its location as well. Pouring inverted, ie the sink top will be the bottom.

How are you planning on mounting them? Are you using mesh or rebar?