mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

This amazes me: http://caraudiomag.c...ayer-kickpanels

Kicks look pretty stellar huh, only thing missing is actual fiberglass mat, :WTFBubble:

They definetly make it look easy. lol. My dash pods are box carpet (felt) with no mat. The fleece works good too. With just resin its already an 1/8" thick.

I'm sure the thick fleece adds thickness, but it's still just resin, mat is where the strength comes from. I guess if it's something small then it could work, but I don't see any good reason for skipping the mat, other then it sucks getting on your arms. :P

Rebuilding my kicks in a few weeks, going to make them a little differently, hopefully they'll look better, be stronger, and sound better. :)

I myself am not a huge fan of kicks. I like my foot space, I'm thinking of doing some new simple door pods...

What will remove armor all? I can never get it off to allow me to stick tape to anything.

Alcohol, denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, acetone, etc. . . Be very careful with the stronger solvents as they can melt plastic.

I tried denatured alcohol last time when I made my kicks and it wouldn't come off or stick. Hmmm.

They're probably ABS then. Not much of anything is going to stick to it. I actually had to use spray adhesive once and remove it with solvent later.

I'm lucky I don't have to deal with a hood release. :P

The edge banding I have is fairly thick, I've wrapped it around some baffles I made earlier, and they don't bend or give in any way.

How thick is the cardboard trim?

Between 3/16 and 1/4".

This amazes me: http://caraudiomag.c...ayer-kickpanels

Kicks look pretty stellar huh, only thing missing is actual fiberglass mat, :WTFBubble:

They definetly make it look easy. lol. My dash pods are box carpet (felt) with no mat. The fleece works good too. With just resin its already an 1/8" thick.

I'm sure the thick fleece adds thickness, but it's still just resin, mat is where the strength comes from. I guess if it's something small then it could work, but I don't see any good reason for skipping the mat, other then it sucks getting on your arms. :P

Rebuilding my kicks in a few weeks, going to make them a little differently, hopefully they'll look better, be stronger, and sound better. :)

I myself am not a huge fan of kicks. I like my foot space, I'm thinking of doing some new simple door pods...

What will remove armor all? I can never get it off to allow me to stick tape to anything.

Alcohol, denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, acetone, etc. . . Be very careful with the stronger solvents as they can melt plastic.

I tried denatured alcohol last time when I made my kicks and it wouldn't come off or stick. Hmmm.

They're probably ABS then. Not much of anything is going to stick to it. I actually had to use spray adhesive once and remove it with solvent later.

You're actually right I do believe it's ABS, I had thought about using a light spray able adhesive

Ok should I make a thread for this? I need to know!

Are 3 JL 12w0 worth a 30 pack of Coors light? The JL's are from the 90's and in good shape.

Just kidding. I did give one of my mechanics beer for these 3 subs.

good deal

I thought so when I saw them. They are 12 ohm so I will need to keep all 3 together to get a 4 ohm mono load. I plan on putting them in my son's jeep.

Must be nice.

He was going to give them to me, but I did not feel that was proper. I told him that I had to give him something in return and that is how the beer came about. I will post som pictures tomorrow when I have more time.

I had one as a standby woofer in 1 cube and it was very nice. They work great with little power and can get pretty loud when vented. you shouldn't need more than 300 watts to get that thing rockin.

Sean, Adrian, or Brad would you guys be interested in identifying some parts in the suckmydick dd-1 internals? I have a friend who is willing to let me take his apart!

Post away...

Scroll my bitches:

edging.jpg

That's the edging Tirefryr. :P

Oh and I made a panorama in about thirty seconds, without a tripod, as you can see from all the lines. :lol:

room.jpg

The command center where I piss everyone off on The Internets.

Ok should I make a thread for this? I need to know!

Are 3 JL 12w0 worth a 30 pack of Coors light? The JL's are from the 90's and in good shape.

Just kidding. I did give one of my mechanics beer for these 3 subs.

good deal

I thought so when I saw them. They are 12 ohm so I will need to keep all 3 together to get a 4 ohm mono load. I plan on putting them in my son's jeep.

Must be nice.

He was going to give them to me, but I did not feel that was proper. I told him that I had to give him something in return and that is how the beer came about. I will post som pictures tomorrow when I have more time.

I had one as a standby woofer in 1 cube and it was very nice. They work great with little power and can get pretty loud when vented. you shouldn't need more than 300 watts to get that thing rockin.

I have one that I bought brand new back in the day, but it is 4ohm. I was thinking of going old school and running my punch 75 on them.

Or my 150 if it still works.

Scroll my bitches:

edging.jpg

That's the edging Tirefryr. :P

Doing that with a rounter needs tons of patience and very sharp bits :)

That's some pretty thick edge banding.

That's some pretty thick edge banding.

Yeah so I think that should suffice. :)

Now what to make for dinner?

J

I can not even express to you how terrible my farts smell today.

No idea why, didn't eat anything funky yesterday or today.

I've even made the dogs get up & leave the room once or twice.

I can not even express to you how terrible my farts smell today.

No idea why, didn't eat anything funky yesterday or today.

I've even made the dogs get up & leave the room once or twice.

Tis an event to be proud of!!!

J

Nasty Farts T0P!!!

J

That is talent.

Agreed

That was me yesterday. Too much broccoli in the shakes.