mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

<< has never played with a smart phone.

Gotta be pretty smart to use one. :peepwall:

:P

I so agree with Big Jon, that one user is dumb as shit, or something another.

Or have a need for such a device.

I just use mine for watching stocks, ya know? :lol:

I haven't bought anything from him, but from his free pdfs, and constant new posts you should be fine without it.

I'd work on reducing grains (or completely remove if your alright without it), dairy is okay, some people cut it out, others still use it. Fruit is fine, but I still wouldn't eat a TON of it.

Saturated fat is fine, cholesterol is fine, but I wouldn't eat anything processed, or with polyunsaturated fat, hydrogenated, or high-fructose-corn-syrup.

Start using coconut oil, butter, olive oil for cooking instead of canola.

Get her a chin up bar that goes between a doorway. Cost less then $50 and it'll do more good then dumb bells.

She can also do plank, reverse plank, hollow hold, superman hold, and tuck planche progressions. Those can be done on the ground, and nothing is needed, all static body weight holds.

We will be quitting grains because it forces us to eat something better for ourselves. Sean is right, after the first week it wasn't really a problem for me.

Really, the more important part to me is her workout. I really need to get her something that she can do and stick to and she honestly leaves something that gives her no choice but to do it tongue.png

Don't let her be a typical woman and not lift weights. That shit doesn't fly. You don't get "huge" unless you eat huge and train a specific way. Otherwise Guys like Aaron would be 312 pounds at 3% bodyfat.

WOMEN NEED TO LIFT MORE THAN MEN IN GENERAL. Their bones are weaker so they need to boost.

I'd work on reducing grains (or completely remove if your alright without it), dairy is okay, some people cut it out, others still use it. Fruit is fine, but I still wouldn't eat a TON of it.

Saturated fat is fine, cholesterol is fine, but I wouldn't eat anything processed, or with polyunsaturated fat, hydrogenated, or high-fructose-corn-syrup.

Start using coconut oil, butter, olive oil for cooking instead of canola.

No need to remove grains. Just remove the ultra processed ones. If you want bread, make it yourself. Same with pasta. I can buy raw grains right at the coop, grind them in the vitamix and make whatever I want. Perfectly good for you. The classic

If you need a high heat oil instead of canola use grapeseed. We have some canola oil in the house for unusually delicate baking items but otherwise don't use it. We probably go through 10 gal of olive oil a year though. Lard is also an acceptable fat. Tastes fucking yummy too. And again no reason to make this complicated. I don't care about polyblablablab, hyrdoblabla etc but if it has more than a single ingredient it makes it easy.

Here are two other diets that I consider not only healthy, but eye opening and educational as well. I made these up to challenge one of my friends who tries everything but the right things. He tried both and they worked WAY better than any other BS diet or program I've seen.

1) The don't eat the same meal 2x in a month diet. This one is hard for most people, but not for me. It's how I prefer to live. My exception of course is breakfast, but that might have 3 duplicate meals in a month.

2) Eat 12 cups of vegetables a day. This might be one of the healthier things you can do.

Those were both geared to my ever expanding friend who basically if left to his own eats beef, american cheese and sugar.

Could certainly be challenging, but I don't see anything wrong with rotating through the same healthy foods, unless one becomes tired of the same food.

I just don't like canola oil or unsaturated fat because it's not very stable, easy to oxidize.

I'm sure it's not a huge deal to have here and there, but I figure even a little bit everyday adds up to a lot over a lifetime.

Potatoes are my exception to grains. biggrin.png

Young jedi, you question the details but not the meaning. The reason is simple. Most people who have dietary problems eat the same crap all the time. It isn't a problem because it's repetitive, but that it's crap. Then you repeat it. As a diet, if you can only have the crap you like to eat a lot once a month your diet instantly becomes WAY healthier.

As with ANY thing you are trying to conquer in life, the best and first step is to start a log and keep track of it. Write down everything you eat. That alone may be enough of a "diet" to straighten things out. The amount of shit that goes into your stomach in the US is fucking terrible. Knowing it's happening is a start.

YUP!

For those who don't know, my dad is a gun broker. He has two of everything, like these 1919's!!!

med_gallery_10399_415_120493.jpg

BABY TONIGHT! MACHINE GUNS GOT US FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN!

For anyone that has seen suckerpunch, someone trained those girls how to hold a fucking gun.

Better than 99.99999% of the internet comandoes.

And you need healthy fats Stephan. They love you long time!

Yes, all cells in the body need fat, some can be made, others are essential. Shit that is processed, isn't needed.

I just wrote a paper on saturated fat in regards to health, verse trans & unsaturated.

She isn't ripped, no bulging muscle.

Yes, all cells in the body need fat, some can be made, others are essential. Shit that is processed, isn't needed.

I just wrote a paper on saturated fat in regards to health, verse trans & unsaturated.

I'm not aware of a way we can turn saturated fats into the unsaturated ones we need. You have a ref on that? I would be interested in reading about that cycle.

I'm not aware of a way we can turn saturated fats into the unsaturated ones we need. You have a ref on that? I would be interested in reading about that cycle.

I was talking about fat being needed for cells in general, then saying processed fats (pufas) are a bunch of shit for your health.

The paper I wrote is about cholesterol, saturated fat intake & unsaturated fat intake on cardiovascular disease.

Edited by stefanhinote

I should also say, writing, as I'm not done, but the jist, and references are pretty much complete.

American Heart Association suggests:

Eating foods that contain saturated fats raises the level of cholesterol in your blood. High levels of blood cholesterol increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. Be aware, too, that many foods high in saturated fats are also high in cholesterol – which raises your blood cholesterol even higher.

You should replace foods high in saturated fats with foods high in monounsaturated and/or polyunsaturated fats. This means eating foods made with liquid vegetable oil but not tropical oils.

---

I don't agree with.

Sure cholesterol levels could go up, but that doesn't necessarily mean your risk of heart disease is greater, hell it could be the opposite.

All the studies I have seen where saturated fat was replaced with vegetable oil (pufa), cholesterol did go down, but mortality went up--A LOT.

Saturated fat has even been shown to lower Lp[a]...

Gotcha. Here is what I know. They did a huge damn study where they gave people cholesterol in a pure form, saturated natural fats(lard/animal), poly unsaturated and mono unsaturated(olive/grapeseed/flax cold pressed), and denatured/hydroginated fats(basically cheep unsaturated that they made into a solid).

The pure cholesterol group didn't have much change in blood cholesterol. The people who have the mono and poly unsat fats had the best lipid profile. Those that ate lard were not as bad as those that ate the altered triglycerides. All these people were on a structured diet prior and durring.

They found that the action of consuming lots of the unsat fats worked better at correcting lipid profiles that RX medicine. It also could assist in making arteries more flexible and less prone to inflammation.

AHA jumped some HUGE conclusions there. You are right and I also disagree with their statement.

Gotcha. Here is what I know. They did a huge damn study where they gave people cholesterol in a pure form, saturated natural fats(lard/animal), poly unsaturated and mono unsaturated(olive/grapeseed/flax cold pressed), and denatured/hydroginated fats(basically cheep unsaturated that they made into a solid).

The pure cholesterol group didn't have much change in blood cholesterol. The people who have the mono and poly unsat fats had the best lipid profile. Those that ate lard were not as bad as those that ate the altered triglycerides. All these people were on a structured diet prior and durring.

They found that the action of consuming lots of the unsat fats worked better at correcting lipid profiles that RX medicine. It also could assist in making arteries more flexible and less prone to inflammation.

That's interesting, wouldn't mind reading the study if you remember the name. Do you remember the approx date it was done? Some of Ancel Keys work?

I great example of poly/mono fat eaters with great life results are argentinians and eskimo. With some of the richest diets in fat or salt they have the least heart issues. Japan has the next best. Also fish. It's the denatured fats like margarine that will kill you.

Also why use that when butter or lard are so much better!

I great example of poly/mono fat eaters with great life results are argentinians and eskimo. With some of the richest diets in fat or salt they have the least heart issues. Japan has the next best. Also fish. It's the denatured fats like margarine that will kill you.

Also why use that when butter or lard are so much better!

They also don't eat many carbs, I believe.