mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I did not go to the gym. Wife had a back spasm. So I am baby sitting her.

You will love carbs when you get out of the beginner stage. Right after a work out.

What is your weight/height etc?

I eat carbs now, just potatoes, and only after a workout. Protein everyday, more carbs, less fat on workout days, and vice versa on rest days.

I'm 5' 10" and weigh 130lbs right now.

Just uploaded this to send to my friend, but you can see I'm pretty skinny at the moment.

Sweet. Good to see the way to the lake getting fired up.

Was surprised to see the OMC in there. Gotta love Ford power!

Distributor is in the wrong place. It's a Chev.

For those who don't know, my dad is a gun broker. He has two of everything, like these 1919's!!!

med_gallery_10399_415_120493.jpg

Holy shit man! Pics of the rest!

Chevy 5.7L actually. I was stoked it fired so easy after sitting 10 years. Dad said he had it serviced right before parking.

After the test run I am required to buy batteries and new tires for the trip to Lake Powell!!!

I'm slow yet again.

I great example of poly/mono fat eaters with great life results are argentinians and eskimo. With some of the richest diets in fat or salt they have the least heart issues. Japan has the next best. Also fish. It's the denatured fats like margarine that will kill you.

Also why use that when butter or lard are so much better!

There is butter and lard in my fridge. I prefer the Euro butter with the extra fat, but it's too spendy for cooking with.

So due to a stomach bug, I was forced to adopt a fasting type diet Stephan. I have not lost much weight from my overall 70 lbs, but today at costco I tried to tighten my belt, and I could not as there were no more holes.....

I couldn't put that belt over my gut in Dec/Jan. Roughly 10" change.

Sweet!! The only way I lose 10" is when I shove it in my wife.

Ha!

He notated it for me!!!

Dutch researchers conducted an analysis of 60 trials that examined the effects of carbohydrates and various fats on blood lipid levels. In trials in which polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats were eaten in place of carbohydrates, these good fats decreased levels of harmful LDL and increased protective HDL. (

19) More recently, a randomized trial known as the Optimal Macronutrient Intake Trial for Heart Health (OmniHeart) showed that replacing a carbohydrate-rich diet with one rich in unsaturated fat, predominantly monounsaturated fats, lowers blood pressure, improves lipid levels, and reduces the estimated cardiovascular risk. (7)

Most people don't get enough of these healthful unsaturated fats each day. No strict guidelines have been published regarding their intake. The traditional Greek diet, for example, gets up to 30 percent of its calories from monounsaturated fats, mostly from olive oil. For polyunsaturated fats, the American Heart Association has set 8 to 10 percent of calories as a prudent target; there is evidence, though, that eating more polyunsaturated fat—on the order of 15 percent of daily calories—in place of saturated fat can lower heart disease risk. (

13) Since no one eats by percentage of daily calories, a good rule of thumb is to choose foods rich in unsaturated fats over foods rich in saturated fats whenever possible. (To learn more, check out this chart, Finding Foods with Healthy Fats.)

Only thing with that, they replaced carbs with fat. Which is good, only that's not a comparison between saturated fat and polyunsaturated fat.

If you read further they cover tests where they compare sat fat also. It shows there is no evidense that sat fat makes much of a difference. However they have some study material that shows just how bad "transfat" is. I try not to use the word transfat because not all true transfats have to be labeled on nutrition cards. Any trigliceride that is altered will most likely be a bad for you fat. Linked to inflamation, cancer, diabetes, trouble loosing weight etc etc etc.

My take is this, then. Cut out the bad shit. AKA transfat or hydrogenatedblablablah(circa Sean). Any fat heated past its smoking point is ruined health wise. Just don't use it. Lard/butter are more neutral if anything at all. But they are calorie dense. So if you want to look at general health eat foods high in mono/poly unsaturated fats. And that is not canola oil. Olive oil is probably the king there. If you are going to fry, use animal fat with a high smoking point.

I should really qualify my perceptions and statements. In reality I know nothing scientific about dieting, but a lot about how other cultures live including across multiple socio-economic ranges. I've deduced my diet based on where people are healthy looking and happy. Noting what they eat and adapting. Then using absolutely rudimentary common sense and saying the closer it is to being natural the more I'll like it.

Love the circa Sean, blahblahblah

Distributor is in the wrong place. It's a Chev.

I saw blue and was happy. OMC doesn't normally do that to me.

Ha!

He notated it for me!!!

Dutch researchers conducted an analysis of 60 trials that examined the effects of carbohydrates and various fats on blood lipid levels. In trials in which polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats were eaten in place of carbohydrates, these good fats decreased levels of harmful LDL and increased protective HDL. (

19) More recently, a randomized trial known as the Optimal Macronutrient Intake Trial for Heart Health (OmniHeart) showed that replacing a carbohydrate-rich diet with one rich in unsaturated fat, predominantly monounsaturated fats, lowers blood pressure, improves lipid levels, and reduces the estimated cardiovascular risk. (7)

Most people don't get enough of these healthful unsaturated fats each day. No strict guidelines have been published regarding their intake. The traditional Greek diet, for example, gets up to 30 percent of its calories from monounsaturated fats, mostly from olive oil. For polyunsaturated fats, the American Heart Association has set 8 to 10 percent of calories as a prudent target; there is evidence, though, that eating more polyunsaturated fat—on the order of 15 percent of daily calories—in place of saturated fat can lower heart disease risk. (

13) Since no one eats by percentage of daily calories, a good rule of thumb is to choose foods rich in unsaturated fats over foods rich in saturated fats whenever possible. (To learn more, check out this chart, Finding Foods with Healthy Fats.)

Only thing with that, they replaced carbs with fat. Which is good, only that's not a comparison between saturated fat and polyunsaturated fat.

If you read further they cover tests where they compare sat fat also. It shows there is no evidense that sat fat makes much of a difference. However they have some study material that shows just how bad "transfat" is. I try not to use the word transfat because not all true transfats have to be labeled on nutrition cards. Any trigliceride that is altered will most likely be a bad for you fat. Linked to inflamation, cancer, diabetes, trouble loosing weight etc etc etc.

My take is this, then. Cut out the bad shit. AKA transfat or hydrogenatedblablablah(circa Sean). Any fat heated past its smoking point is ruined health wise. Just don't use it. Lard/butter are more neutral if anything at all. But they are calorie dense. So if you want to look at general health eat foods high in mono/poly unsaturated fats. And that is not canola oil. Olive oil is probably the king there. If you are going to fry, use animal fat with a high smoking point.

I should really qualify my perceptions and statements. In reality I know nothing scientific about dieting, but a lot about how other cultures live including across multiple socio-economic ranges. I've deduced my diet based on where people are healthy looking and happy. Noting what they eat and adapting. Then using absolutely rudimentary common sense and saying the closer it is to being natural the more I'll like it.

Love the circa Sean, blahblahblah

Great method really.

I'm not super anal about my diet, even though I eat better now, but for the most part I've just been really interested in nutrition and effects of certain foods on the body.

I'm super anal about mine. Has to taste good.

I'm super anal about mine. Has to taste good.

I'm not super anal in the way of making sure I hit specific levels of nutrients per day, or eating a little too much carbs. Nothing processed.

For the last month or so all my food has been:

cottage cheese, smoked salmon, sardines, potatoes, red meat, salad, berries. Plus a little ice cream and trail mix here and there.

Haven't gotten burnt out--yet.

Had some almond milk today, pretty tasty.

Edited by stefanhinote

Wow, I rarely repeat a meal.

How do you take your sardines?

To the mouth. :D

I've been getting the ones in tin from trader joes, some are in oil, some in water. I should look into the ones in oil, and see if the oil is "olive oil", actual fish oil, or something entirely different.

Yeah just sticking to the same stuff right now, might switch it up in a few months if I begin to hate it, but it's been working well overall.

Interesting. Any idea who that is? I never go there anymore...

To the mouth. biggrin.png

I've been getting the ones in tin from trader joes, some are in oil, some in water. I should look into the ones in oil, and see if the oil is "olive oil", actual fish oil, or something entirely different.

As in as is?

To the mouth. biggrin.png

As in as is?

Yeah.

Honestly I don't do much "cooking." Closest thing I would say, which I forget to mention with the above list: eggs, shredded cheese, and salsa.

^When I crave breakfast at 1pm. lol

Edited by stefanhinote

Interesting. Any idea who that is? I never go there anymore...

Unfortunately I don't. Full 100% satisfied iTrader on 19 rated transactions. Good mix of buying selling and trading. I honestly only use most forums besides this one just for classifieds lately.

J

Heyyyyyyy!

For those who don't know, my dad is a gun broker. He has two of everything, like these 1919's!!!

med_gallery_10399_415_120493.jpg

Holy shit man! Pics of the rest!

I will snap you guys some more pics next time I am at my dads compound. IF anyone needs gun parts or any rare type gun stuff I will set you up with the old mam. He is very knowledgeable.

I have been living on fruit for breakfast (pineapple, mandarin oranges, etc) and tuna with saltines for dinner.