mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

funny-tattoos-pro-tips.jpg

This shall be hanging at my work SOON!! Thanks Peng. :)

I must be a sour MFer bc I NEVER get bitten by mosquito's. Everyone I am with gets eaten though. :D

funny-tattoos-pro-tips.jpg

This shall be hanging at my work SOON!! Thanks Peng. smile.png

just make sure to hack off the bottom part ;)

Stefan, got any recommendations on a dirt bike ? I'm looking to replace the moped and would love something that I could also use off-road.

Looking for a four stroke or two stroke? Budget?

I'd look for some KTMs. Pretty much everyone I ride with (including my dad) has KTMs, both 4stroke and 2stroke, and none of them have ever had any issues. If I was to bet money on which bikes were the most reliable, that's where I'd put my money.

Personally I like 2strokes, and in that case I'd be looking for some exc/xc/xc-w 250cc, 300cc. I believe the exc has lights and all that street legal stuff, where as the xc and xc-w do not. The xc-w is the wide ratio tranny version of the xc. That option will likely depend more on what your riding, perhaps the "w" plus changing gearing would help if you plan on cruising around town on it.

The 300cc version is basically the same weight as the 250cc, but faster, more torque, easier to climb up hills, etc.

If you go the 4stroke route, check out their xc-w 450. They just came out with a sweet 350 4stroke, but doubt you want to spend over $7k USD on a brand new bike.

I'm actually riding a suzuki rm250 now (motocross bike), and it does just fine for all the single track and technical stuff we do. Haven't had any issues with it either.

Really the list could go on and on as to what bikes are decent, the above is just what I've personally rode.

I don't know if there is any sand dunes or anything like that near you, but if the bike has paddle tires, I wouldn't bother with it.

Hey I heard you like the wild ones.

What would be really sweet, buy a second pair of wheels, one setup super-moto, other for the dirt.

Tell me this doesn't look fun:

Heimer%20KTM%20supermoto.jpg

:)

Stefan, got any recommendations on a dirt bike ? I'm looking to replace the moped and would love something that I could also use off-road.

I'd look for some KTMs. Pretty much everyone I ride with (including my dad) has KTMs, both 4stroke and 2stroke, and none of them have ever had any issues. If I was to bet money on which bikes were the most reliable, that's where I'd put my money.

Personally I like 2strokes, and in that case I'd be looking for some exc/xc/xc-w 250cc, 300cc. I believe the exc has lights and all that street legal stuff, where as the xc and xc-w do not. The xc-w is the wide ratio tranny version of the xc. That option will likely depend more on what your riding, perhaps the "w" plus changing gearing would help if you plan on cruising around town on it.

The 300cc version is basically the same weight as the 250cc, but faster, more torque, easier to climb up hills, etc.

If you go the 4stroke route, check out their xc-w 450. They just came out with a sweet 350 4stroke, but doubt you want to spend over $7k USD on a brand new bike.

I'm actually riding a suzuki rm250 now (motocross bike), and it does just fine for all the single track and technical stuff we do. Haven't had any issues with it either.

Really the list could go on and on as to what bikes are decent, the above is just what I've personally rode.

I don't know if there is any sand dunes or anything like that near you, but if the bike has paddle tires, I wouldn't bother with it.

In a nutshell, I would like a 2-stroke, road-legal bike. 250cc should be plenty. 4-stroke also works.

Pricing is not going to be clear since I don't live in the US but under 2k used is something I would shoot for.

I was looking at the RM250 and compared to a street bike I've been eying up (Suzuki GS500e), they are much more expensive and not road-legal sad.png

There's a bish at with with this ringtone and her phone rings ever 30 minutes or so. It drives me nuts.

What would be really sweet, buy a second pair of wheels, one setup super-moto, other for the dirt.

Tell me this doesn't look fun:

Heimer%20KTM%20supermoto.jpg

smile.png

Funny you should mention super-moto, a neighbor has just converted his Yahama to super-moto.

There's a bish at with with this ringtone and her phone rings ever 30 minutes or so. It drives me nuts.

If I took your heart, it'd be a homerun. ;)

My cousin and his dad race enduro/endurocross and their bikes work really well as dual purpose machines; sort of the "best of both worlds" for on and off road usage and completely street legal. They're registered and passed inspection for on road usage to boot.

In a nutshell, I would like a 2-stroke, road-legal bike. 250cc should be plenty. 4-stroke also works.

Pricing is not going to be clear since I don't live in the US but under 2k used is something I would shoot for.

I was looking at the RM250 and compared to a street bike I've been eying up (Suzuki GS500e), they are much more expensive and not road-legal sad.png

Because of your location I'd check out KTM, Husqvarna, MZ, and other European brands as they should be cheaper than US and Asian imports. Also, don't limit yourself to just motorcycles: having fun on 2 wheels is having fun on 2 wheels, no?

Lambretta_scooter_racing_at_3_sisters.jpg

Edited by Penguin4x4

multipurpose vehicles ftmfw

Id just look for a Ktm, yz250, rm250 that fits your budget.

A husky would be nice too, but doubt you'll find a deal, maybe in europe you can. :P

2k usd will get a lower year 2000 2stroke most likely.

My cousin and his dad race enduro/endurocross and their bikes work really well as dual purpose machines; sort of the "best of both worlds" for on and off road usage and completely street legal. They're registered and passed inspection for on road usage to boot.

The 300xc in our garage has no lights or horn, but we got it street legal. Dmv just wanted money. :P

Been too lazy to get mine legal.

Because of your location I'd check out KTM, Husqvarna, MZ, and other European brands as they should be cheaper than US and Asian imports. Also, don't limit yourself to just motorcycles: having fun on 2 wheels is having fun on 2 wheels, no?

Lambretta_scooter_racing_at_3_sisters.jpg

Why the hell not but I can't fricking figure out what's wrong with mine. Sometimes it runs ok, other times, after stopping it bogs down. I suspect CVT problems...

1239704331_gina-carano.gif

moonwalk.gif

starwars-1.gif

1239704331_gina-carano.gif

That'll do.

J