oh lord my blade geek is showing

I would say so. ;)

Liking the look of this "Mack Daddy-O"

zombie-tools-mac-daddy-o-600.jpg

Use that for shaving.

oooooooo, Junglas in eyefucking paint

venomgreen.jpg

loves me some esee knives

We're pretty sweet on the resurrected Fiat 500. The quirky little hatch is an engaging driver with adorable looks. It is not what we'd call fast, however – even the Fiat 500 Abarth just barely lands itself in "quick" territory.

Fortunately, there are hard-working souls out there willing to remedy the machine's acceleration deficit. Lazzarini Design has done some measuring and discovered that, with a little body work, the 500 can play host to much more formidable powerplant. How formidable? The crew wants to yank the beating heart from the Ferrari 458 Italia and plop the 4.5-liter V8 behind the seats of cinquecento. You know, where the car gods intended the engine in the 500 to be.

These are clearly our kind of people.

But they aren't entirely off their medication. The engine has been detuned from 570 horsepower to a more reasonable 550 hp. Lazzarini says the project actually stretches the 500 wheelbase by almost a foot in order to fit the engine and transmission safely aboard. The whole machine weighs in at 2,200 pounds, even with ballast on both front corners to keep the car planted.

crazy bastards

is there some kinda fad i missed out on??? i hated my wheels to cam.

http://youtu.be/H11E0zwI7QA

That looks retarded.

I need to read up on fiberglassing again, mind's a bit rusty on the subject

And the smooth one in the middle of it all that is well balanced is the old school GTI with half the power. Of course it's basically a pro audio driver so it makes sense.

Apart from the fact that I cannot push gobs of power to one (damn the car amps) I would love to run a pro-audio driver in SPL. I've been thinking about downgrading my setup, going with a stupidly modded class A/B and 2 10" pro drivers. 3 years with the same setup is slightly boring and with the scores now nobody wants to compete in my class :(

is there some kinda fad i missed out on??? i hated my wheels to cam.

http://youtu.be/H11E0zwI7QA

Yep, you missed it. Seems like somebody forgot to put chlorine in the gene pool and retards are out of control.. laugh.png

Short and intense workout today, only did dips, bent over rows and leg raises. And 30 minutes total mashing the bike to and from the gym. Freaking beat !

I did a little workout in the morning then went over to my grandparents' house to paint a room.

Only in the 100s today. :P

Anyone want to buy a new GCON 10? Asking here because I know that nobody checks the classifieds.

I'd say your future as a researcher depends solely on your field of interest and what niche you yourself will partake in it.

good point. I don't attend a research institution but i hear the situation is a bit more cut throat when your job is dependent upon writing grants.

personally i'm interested in acoustics. the research i'm working on is something of a collaboration with a Biologist who is studying Island Dwarfism of the Fowlers toad in Virginia (the sites include Assateague island and Wallops island on the NASA base).

Essentially, the research involves analyzing the toad calls and creating a program that can synthesis new calls. The program could be used compare different call characteristics VS mate selections.

There is a lot of acoustic research on frogs as well, couldn't maybe piggyback. They are interesting subjects as you don't have to kill them to get access to their inner ear since they wear it on the outside unlike any other animal that I know of. I do a shitload of hearing work.

If you are truly interested in acoustics let me know if there are particular fields. Particularly parallel to me in many regards. Degreed physicist with a focus in acoustics. Every company pretty much in North America that does acoustic work I've either been in or called into. If not me, of course someone that works for me but the ones of note I usually go with to push things along.

The hearing aspect of the equation is something i've been interested in. However, its outside the scope of the current work we're doing. The female's hearing is something the Biologist is interested researching in the future. Probably a few years down the line.

I'm still in the process of figuring out what particular field i'm most interested in. So, i'll definitely keep in touch.

Edited by lithium

Triple posting!

Sounds like a good plan, just wondered.

For the last six months or so, I haven't changed anything in my stereo. It's been nice. tongue.png

lucky..

there's alot i want to do to my car but cant because i know the day after i do, the fucking car will blow up.

The rubber boot on my tie rod end is ripped. can you replace the boot or do you have to replace the whole end?

2012-06-21_00-52-45_950.jpg

you can replace the boot if you didn't wait too long. if you don't have a "clicking" noise when you turn then it's all good.

It's a molded boot. You won't be able to find a replacement as they don't make them. They will for ball joints. The tie rod end should be fairly cheap anyways, so just buy a new end.

sounds good, they're pretty cheap.

is there any special procedure to the replacing the tie rod end to preserve the aliment?

Anyone want to buy a new GCON 10? Asking here because I no that nobody checks the classifieds.

i know my buddy is thinking about putting a 10 in the spare tire well of his tdi beetle. i think he has 1.5 cubes before port and sub displacement. haven't done any modelling yet to say what sub would be best. i was thinking more along the lines of a bl or icon.

if he's interested i'll let you know. gl with the sale

Anyone want to buy a new GCON 10? Asking here because I no that nobody checks the classifieds.

i know my buddy is thinking about putting a 10 in the spare tire well of his tdi beetle. i think he has 1.5 cubes before port and sub displacement. haven't done any modelling yet to say what sub would be best. i was thinking more along the lines of a bl or icon.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Ughh I can't believe I spelled "Know" that way. Doh.gif

Thanks!

Ughh I can't believe I spelled "Know" that way. Doh.gif

And nobody? Really? It's Knowbody.

:D

Feeler gauges are in, and bubble level. Ready for my glass tomorrow.

<-- So ready to shoot up some beer bottles, and TVs.

I kid--sort of.

how much rick?