mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hello?

Anybody home?

"MOTHERFUCKER, THIS BIRD IS RAW!!!"

Rare poultry is ok in some cases...... just not in the case of what we get from the average grocery store.

Sean, in Japan have you had rare/raw chicken?

I've heard of that before, but any poultry we get is from the avg store.

Perhaps if it was free-ranged without all the antibiotic cocktails.

I'm at home. Not for long though. Gotta hit up Rural King and get some refrigerant.

Amusingly in Japan they serve both chicken sashimi and chicken that isn't cooked all the way.

Had some not cooked all the way through chicken. Somehow the sashimi doesn't sound so appealing to my ass.

Rare poultry is ok in some cases...... just not in the case of what we get from the average grocery store.

Free range chickens? Isn't that what the backwood hillbilly farm out in Arkansas has?

Free range chickens? Isn't that what the backwood hillbilly farm out in Arkansas has?

Fuck if I knew. :P

I grew up on a hog farm, I just don't get this free range all natural hippie BS for the most part.

I think Chipotle advertises using free range chickens...

So it seems like 'free range' in the USA means that the chicken has been allowed access to the outside, but beyond that, not jack shit.

What;s your opinion on grass fed. I've heard farmers who say they don't understand what makes it better

Not a cattle person, but I'll wager it depends on what part of the country you are in too, grass varies quite a bit as to where one is at.

I thought Cadillac forums were bad, pretentious idiots who think their cars are the next best thing in the world. I think older Ford truck forums might be worse, so many hillbilly fixes, snakes oils, and pointless things that they talk about doing to the trucks. Transmission doesn't shift right? Drain that shit out, fill it with motor oil, lucas, and a bit of gear lube, works great. Engine not running right? Seafoam it right away, E-brake doesn't work properly, just rip that stuff right on out.

At this point I'm thinking about not answering anyone who wants to ask me audio-related questions during the weekend.

I've been talking back and forth with a fella, helping him pick a new sub, for about a month. He put a deposit for a box, I told him I'll start working on it Saturday and he called me twice today to ask me about the progress. What the eff ? It's weekend broski and building boxes is not my full-time job.

Regardless, gym workout today was excellent, managed two military press sets with 110lbs :D

I grew up on a hog farm, I just don't get this free range all natural hippie BS for the most part.

I wouldn't agree. The words free range is a joke, but some hog farms the animals never leave a teeny little pen. Even worse in the world of poultry where they might never leave a teeny cage. Letting them walk around definitely makes a completely different tasting animal. Muscles that aren't worked have no flavor.

What;s your opinion on grass fed. I've heard farmers who say they don't understand what makes it better

It makes a healthier animal if you buy into the American anti-fat propaganda bullshit. As for flavor, they definitely taste different but usually not in a positive way. A stress free life does a lot more.

And I wasn't referring to the label "free range" but actually the way the idea should be. Of course with birds access to the outside means they can move versus not moving at all.

I wouldn't agree. The words free range is a joke, but some hog farms the animals never leave a teeny little pen. Even worse in the world of poultry where they might never leave a teeny cage. Letting them walk around definitely makes a completely different tasting animal. Muscles that aren't worked have no flavor.

Not all farms are created equal either, there are extremes both ways but of course the bottom line is always making money and humane treatment. Ours were not crammed into a teeny little pin either.

US is dominating Serbia in volleyball.

Not all farms are created equal either, there are extremes both ways but of course the bottom line is always making money and humane treatment. Ours were not crammed into a teeny little pin either.

Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just the average supermarket fare, in particular when leading on price is that way.

Sean hit the points, but I'll just add that I'm sure it's healthier to eat animals that ate their traditional diet and roamed the lands vs being penned up, fed corn, and injected with over a hundred antibiotics to keep them alive from their living and diet conditions.

If you have Netflix, watch Food Inc. I'm not going to agree with 100% of it, but it certainly has some good points.

Have any of you had beef from those Belgian Blue cattle? They are the body builder looking cows. Bred to not have myostatin etc.

I don't know how the meat would taste, I'm guessing really lean. Not that I hate all lean meat, but the it comes to cattle usually I like the really marbled cuts.

Have any of you had beef from those Belgian Blue cattle? They are the body builder looking cows. Bred to not have myostatin etc.

I don't know how the meat would taste, I'm guessing really lean. Not that I hate all lean meat, but the it comes to cattle usually I like the really marbled cuts.

Never had any, but now you have me curious. :P