mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What do you guys use for stock trading? I started saving some cash in a Roth through chase. By my best estimates I have actually lost over 6.5% in the last year and a half. I'm thinking its time to pull out of there and start my own investing.

What do you guys use for stock trading? I started saving some cash in a Roth through chase. By my best estimates I have actually lost over 6.5% in the last year and a half. I'm thinking its time to pull out of there and start my own investing.

I have an investor that I trust he works for ameriprise. I don't endorse them, but he has been with my family through 3 generations. For 95% of people I would recommend using a guy. It provides a buffer. And a sounding board. Trading is most dangerous to those who know just enough.....

I make 100% of my choices. But if I'm about to do something insane he will be the voice of reason. And finally it's a buffer between you and your money. Its good to have that. Even if you are a great financial saver, having someone you have to call helps to keep you away from it.

Case in point. I was going to buy a sweet new ride. Well due to a sticky law change I could have basically wiped my account. He told me he would get a check out, but it would basically destroy my accounts due to one of the investments current status.

More importantly I'm double digit above the median ROI. Most of that was me, but having someone in my corner squeezed more juice from the fruit as it were.

lexicon, phrasebook, vocabulary, glossary, wordlist, dictionary

according to Microsoft Word.

Yikes, with just a chip 495 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 573 lb-ft torque at 3500 rpm from the non-M. Uh-oh. It's a $3k chip but hmm....

also wondering if I can hide it from BMW and still have the car be CPO'd.

Technically you cannot void a warranty through a chip unless they can prove without a doubt that the chip caused the failure.

If it throws a rod and it's chipped they will draw that conclusion, in particular on a boosted car. Of course, if it's easy to remove...no problem.

The first version of the x6 wasn't an N.A. v8?

I can't imagine it was a v6.... yikes.

You drove the 8 I drove or you drove the I6.

Yikes, with just a chip 495 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 573 lb-ft torque at 3500 rpm from the non-M. Uh-oh. It's a $3k chip but hmm....

Technically you cannot void a warranty through a chip unless they can prove without a doubt that the chip caused the failure.

If it throws a rod and it's chipped they will draw that conclusion, in particular on a boosted car. Of course, if it's easy to remove...no problem.

They are now keeping movies of all parameters. Chances are, the computer will retain it in it's memory and once they scan it, you're fucked. They just make it impossible to have fun nowadays.

Maybe it was the I6. It felt... not quick.

They are now keeping movies of all parameters. Chances are, the computer will retain it in it's memory and once they scan it, you're fucked. They just make it impossible to have fun nowadays.

Movies? How do I search for the guy who gets around those? I am conveniently buddies with the service writer at BMW, but I'd like to have a hypothetical discussion with him about it.

Maybe it was the I6. It felt... not quick.

300hp & 300ft lb versus 400hp and 450ft lb

6.3 to 60 versus 5.2 (BMW spec so both should be rather conservative)

I've read 4.6 on the 50i which is actually pretty close to the AMG. Not quite as quick. Funny thing is it feels like the AMG has more turbo lag. LOL

V8 is 5200lbs with a 51.1/48.9 weight distribution. Explains the handling.

Movies? How do I search for the guy who gets around those? I am conveniently buddies with the service writer at BMW, but I'd like to have a hypothetical discussion with him about it.

Yeah, movies. That's what it's called when the capture all the sensor in/outputs and programming. I would venture to say only a programmer could get around it or you pay off the diagnostic techs at the dealership and corporate.

/ probably not actually certified...

Ugh..... looking at Craig's list I could only get 1200 or so for my truck. If I can get it to drive off.

Hmm, perhaps I just need to buddy up with the dealership. Get them to have it put in, certify the car and I'd be okay.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=07001&modelCode1=M3&makeCode1=BMW&listingType=certified&searchRadius=100&listingId=327002450&Log=0

Shit. That is near perfect, if not perfect.

<3 it yo.

Of course if I could just afford the M in the first place it'd be golden

Does anyone know another word for thesaurus?

trippy.gif

Of course if I could just afford the M in the first place it'd be golden

Somehow I have a feeling that your 'afford' and the dealerships 'afford' are on slightly different levels...

Just booked a plane ticket to Atlanta, GA for the beginning of September. At least it isn't July, I hate summer in Georgia.