mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

i was looking at a Calphalon set that i heard was alot better than Teflon and better for you. i just couldn't bring myself to throwing away a set like that if it didn't work out. The Calphalon set is more than twice as much as the stainless set i threw out.

If Calphalon crap is more expensive than the stainless you had then you had some seriously crappy stainless.

Bosch.

As for the crock pot, throw it away. Outside of keeping things warm on a "buffet" line it is absolutely not a cooking utensil.

I fucking hate our stainless steel Bosch fridge. Doors open more then twenty seconds, and an alarm goes off. Water dispenser has broken twice, and goes through filters every few months. Buttons are pain in the ass as you end up having to push them multiple times to actually work.

The Bosch dishwasher and stove seem to work well however.

Guess who doesn't make their own fridges for N.A.

Bosch.

As for the crock pot, throw it away. Outside of keeping things warm on a "buffet" line it is absolutely not a cooking utensil.

You know I agree with that, but damn if that roast wasnt good. I made a little wine sauce with the rendered beef fat too. YUM

Le Creuset Dutch oven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any electric slow cooker

Sean if you had a crock pot with temperature controll would you still hate it?

MIL has one that has a temperature control on it. I doubt she cares but it might interest me.

I do, it's called an oven and some ceramic coated cast cookware. You can set my oven down to 80deg F. Huge decision maker in the oven choice, but not for slow cooking. That is done outside on the smoker.

For me, it is the perfect cooking utensil. The ability to cook virtually anything I need while not having to attend to it on the stove for hours is such a lifesaver. I barely have enough time to clean and cut meat and veggies, let alone cook them.

I've never tasted anything out of a slow cooker I wanted seconds on. Or to put it differently I've never tasted anything out of one I'd even keep the leftovers from.

Of course, I have an advantage. In the time it takes you too clean and cut meat and veggies I can probably whip up a whole meal.

As for my own cooking. I do very little anymore, and most of it is steamed veggies or boiled/baked chicken. As breakfast is usually fruit and a bowl of oatmeal/cereal, lunch is packed for work, and dinner is usually rushed or eaten at my desk.

You really need to switch proteins. Chicken is the LAST animal anyone should ever eat.

Okay, that and turkey, not sure which is worse but I try to avoid them at all costs.

You really need to switch proteins. Chicken is the LAST animal anyone should ever eat.

Why is that?

Why is that?

I'd love to reverse the question before I answer. Why would you think it's a good idea?

And don't fret, I'll answer. Just don't want to bias your deicsion.

And an big go Arctic Cat for our not so regular visitor.

I'd love to reverse the question before I answer. Why would you think it's a good idea?

Well I love fish and I'm fairly sure I can say that fish is a very healthy protein. I guess I have always thought that between poultry and red meat, poultry would be healthier. (less fat?) I don't really know, it is kind of just in my head that poultry is healthy.

We are the only culture in the world that thinks animal fat is a problem. Sugar is the US problem, not fat.

We are the only culture in the world that thinks animal fat is a problem. Sugar is the US problem, not fat.

Strictly for weight loss...Am I better off eating 4 ounces of chicken or beef for dinner?

As for why not. Here are some reasons for you.

What is the only animal you need to cook to > 165F? (okay 170 is normally rec'd, but meh)

and yeah, I realize the answer is "poultry" referring to both Turkey & Chicken.

At the same time, what is the major concern with bacterial infections and such in animals?

Oh, yummy, that's right feces. What animals do you think get to sleep in their own feces and even eat the ones of others nearby?

If you answered, poultry nice yummy ansewr!!

On top of that if you aren't opposed to feed lots, then grab an extra helping. Feed lots are DEFINED by how we treat birds. Go visit a major Turkey farm and if it doesn't change how you feel about the animal then you are a confusing SOB.

Now, let's look at history. What animal have we bred so that it can no longer perform it's normal functions? How about what we've selected as genetic examples? The nature aspect of the animal has it being fit and spry, but the genetically mutated beast we have managed to create has such large breasts that it can do nothing like any of it's non-mutated counterparts. Completely retarded animal.

Hell, we've managed to make them so dysfunctional that most of them CANNOT even fathom living free. When given the choice they choose death instead. Not being able to fare for oneself anymore is one thing, but being so stupified and retarded that you cannot even cope with normal life is absurd.

And of course, let's breed the life expectancy right out of the animal. Commercial fryers can't live long normal lives as they literally implode due to the way they've been bread.

Of course we can chemically compensate for all of the above so why not? Stellar way to keep the beasts marketable.

Sounds fucking YUMMY to me. Seriously the nastiest ass thing you can put in your mouth. And YES there is a huge correlation between what you deem as nasty and the caloric value for being healthy. Absolutely terrible for you and anyone who says differently is full of biased bullshit test reading that is wrong.

Strictly for weight loss...Am I better off eating 4 ounces of chicken or beef for dinner?

Question is not applicable and stupid. You do NOT lose weight by eating. You also do not lose weight by not eating.

If you need to lose weight and want a diet I can help. I know jack shit about this from a scientific perspective, but understand people enough to make it work. Of course, step one is to write down everything you eat for the next month. Then we can discuss.

Question is not applicable and stupid. You do NOT lose weight by eating. You also do not lose weight by not eating.

So I should...

And anyone who proposes ANY sort of diet with out the self realizatoin step and logging above is a quack

So I should...

Probably change your whole eating paradigm

What's better? Empty calories that you chew or providing your body what it needs?

If you need to lose weight and want a diet I can help. I know jack shit about this from a scientific perspective, but understand people enough to make it work. Of course, step one is to write down everything you eat for the next month. Then we can discuss.

I can provide that tomorrow, I have been tracking my eating for the last ~2 months. I'm down ~65 lbs in that same time span, but I would like to see if I can do anything better.

Nice work! Along with your diet I'd like to understand your goals. Weight alone is only a subset.

And again, don't look at me as a nutritionalist or anything other than a very perceptive world traveler with a tongue for food and a never satiated desire to eat.

Nice work! Along with your diet I'd like to understand your goals. Weight alone is only a subset.

And again, don't look at me as a nutritionalist or anything other than a very perceptive world traveler with a tongue for food and a never satiated desire to eat.

At this point my only goal is weight loss, obviously I would like to properly fuel my body as well. I'm now 430 lbs and just under 6ft, so it was pretty much start digging a grave or completely change my ways, I chose the latter. The reason your comment caught my attention is because I eat chicken or turkey almost everyday. I have replaced 90% of my red meat with chicken or turkey.

I seriously doubt the meat was the problem...although I have to admit that I come from the other spectra. I eat extremely balanced and more than 2x what anyone else I know eats and tip the scales at about 205 atm. Being 6'7 though that doesn't leave a lot of meat behind.

I commend your effort and interest. I've posted some of my dietary comments before on the site and think you've chosen a good location to discuss them. There are a variety of super well rounded individuals in the hop with viewpoints that you can utliize by choosing which YOUR body responds to. Sure it's hard to measure because nothing will come quickly and actually stay, but some diligence and a change WILL bring about measurable results.

I would encourage you to change your thoughts a little bit. Instead of making weight loss your primary goal, make being healthy your primary goal. It will put a positive spin on what is really important instead of letting societal rules determine what you need. In your reply you basically stated that you are trying to avoid the grave, but came to the conclusion that weight is the issue. It isn't, but it is a by product of the issue. Time to address the issue. And although the net result is the same to the scale perhaps, the pyschy and gains you get from really chasing what you need is much healthier. It will also keep the losses promised and realized by diets that are only very temporary solutions at the wayside. And those are never healthy in the long or short term.