mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I hate sealed burners. Absolutely horrid to clean. Mine I don't. Wipe off the stainless and once in a blue moon slap the cast in the dishwasher.

I hate sealed burners. Absolutely horrid to clean. Mine I don't. Wipe off the stainless and once in a blue moon slap the cast in the dishwasher.

I never clean my range. That is what my wife is for.

That pot roast was a HIT. I took some of the rendered fat and roasted some red taters after carmelizing some thick carrots in it. They were so sweet and not mushy at all. Then I used the fat to make a red wine gravey for the meat.

I want to bake a loaf of bread just to make sammiches with the left iver meat and gravey.

I never clean my range. That is what my wife is for.

She cleans my pipes

Amusingly I made a pot roast yesterday as well. I bet there is one thing that our roasts did NOT have in common

has anybody ever thought about putting a commercial dishwasher in their home? i've been looking at a Jet-Tech X-33 dishwasher and think it would put my Maytag to shame. i think it could get dishes cleaner and done a hell of alot faster. i bet it could even get that stuck on egg yolk off with ease.

I am all down with commercial appliances, but the dishwasher is not one I've thought of. I have absolutely no problems ever with our dishwasher cleaning AND it's so fucking silent it needs a ligt so you don't open it. Love it

what do you have for a dishwasher? i have the top of the line Maytag from 2yrs ago and it takes forever to wash a load of dishes, if you have to wash the crock pot you might as well wash it by hand because the thing will still be dirty if you put it in the dishwasher. the only thing it has going for it is that it's quiet. i need sometthing alot better than i think Maytag can offer.

Bosch.

As for the crock pot, throw it away. Outside of keeping things warm on a "buffet" line it is absolutely not a cooking utensil.

Change the way you cook and your pans will nearly clean themselves.

While you are decommissioning your crock pot, throw away your teflon pans. They aren't even good for eggs which I thought was their sole purpose a few years back.

yeah, i tried stainless cookware and tht was a very bad decision. i had to throw it all away after the first use.

i was looking at a Calphalon set that i heard was alot better than Teflon and better for you. i just couldn't bring myself to throwing away a set like that if it didn't work out. The Calphalon set is more than twice as much as the stainless set i threw out.

Edited by ChILL

Bosch.

As for the crock pot, throw it away. Outside of keeping things warm on a "buffet" line it is absolutely not a cooking utensil.

I fucking hate our stainless steel Bosch fridge. Doors open more then twenty seconds, and an alarm goes off. Water dispenser has broken twice, and goes through filters every few months. Buttons are pain in the ass as you end up having to push them multiple times to actually work.

The Bosch dishwasher and stove seem to work well however.

I hardly ever cook, but when I do, it's on an iron skillet with coconut oil. :P

Bosch.

You know I agree with that, but damn if that roast wasnt good. I made a little wine sauce with the rendered beef fat too. YUM

Sean if you had a crock pot with temperature controll would you still hate it?

MIL has one that has a temperature control on it. I doubt she cares but it might interest me.

For me, it is the perfect cooking utensil. The ability to cook virtually anything I need while not having to attend to it on the stove for hours is such a lifesaver. I barely have enough time to clean and cut meat and veggies, let alone cook them.

I hardly ever cook, but when I do, it's on an iron skillet with coconut oil. tongue.png

Stefanhinotememeperhaps? ;)

As for my own cooking. I do very little anymore, and most of it is steamed veggies or boiled/baked chicken. As breakfast is usually fruit and a bowl of oatmeal/cereal, lunch is packed for work, and dinner is usually rushed or eaten at my desk.

I hardly ever cook, but when I do, it's on an iron skillet with coconut oil. tongue.png

Stefanhinotememeperhaps? wink.png

Even better: I don't always drink and drive, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis. :lol:

what the fuck... people are weird.

Pressed play, heard 2 seconds, said "oh that is fucking stupid" and paused it.