mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

chicken-can-1.jpg

Home style canned chicken. Just like grandma used to cann it. Now with less botulism

Miso makes me get teh gassy poo.

My guts dont like healthy stuff.

Im going to make more tonight though.

FCYEJ.jpg

Oh joy!!! Now that is what I call happiness.

Kate Middleton's nudes suck. The damn camera looks like is was 5 miles away.

It was just under a mile away. 600MM zoom with a 2x magnification on the end from what I read. 10-30K in camera shit depending on details. Not worth it.

Nice work! Along with your diet I'd like to understand your goals. Weight alone is only a subset.

And again, don't look at me as a nutritionalist or anything other than a very perceptive world traveler with a tongue for food and a never satiated desire to eat.

Anthony Bourdain?

He's way too nice to be me

As for my own cooking. I do very little anymore, and most of it is steamed veggies or boiled/baked chicken. As breakfast is usually fruit and a bowl of oatmeal/cereal, lunch is packed for work, and dinner is usually rushed or eaten at my desk.

You really need to switch proteins. Chicken is the LAST animal anyone should ever eat.

Okay, that and turkey, not sure which is worse but I try to avoid them at all costs.

I am limited on time and range due to the amount of protein need to take in to maintain, and I can only eat so much tuna. wink.png

#1 rule in any time management class:

There is no such thing as not enough time, just a different priority.

As for my own cooking. I do very little anymore, and most of it is steamed veggies or boiled/baked chicken. As breakfast is usually fruit and a bowl of oatmeal/cereal, lunch is packed for work, and dinner is usually rushed or eaten at my desk.

You really need to switch proteins. Chicken is the LAST animal anyone should ever eat.

Okay, that and turkey, not sure which is worse but I try to avoid them at all costs.

I am limited on time and range due to the amount of protein need to take in to maintain, and I can only eat so much tuna. wink.png

But you have a specific goal above and beyond being healthy. So "empty" protein isnt so empty. Same with whey or gemma or any other protein source. They are supplemental to a goal aside from being healthy and fit.

If this was a fitness forum, we could post progress pictures, but don't need that stuff being spread on the net under the wrong pretense.

Ant!

Also if your limiting how much tuna you eat because the mercury content then look up how selenium plays a role.

Was not limiting it due to that, just due to only ok with eating 5 cans a week or so.

Canned tuna is NOT food

The ONLY food that is viable in a can are tomatoes. And we can thank the piece of shit American consumer for that being the case.

So I love miso now. I use about ome box of tofu per quart though. And I use firm. But aside from that what else can I add to make it even better?

BTW my miso soup is better than when I have had it out. But I like the extra seaweed they use. I had mussles in one bowl. It was ok but the mussles were waaaaay lost in the soup, so more tofu would be just as good and maybe a better texture for the soup. I just use way more miso and my dashi is ballerhollic. I would like it a little "stronger" in flavor but I am not sure how I should do that.

Didn't I tell you to buy Wakame? SUPER good for you and yummy.

When you say stronger, you mean the soup, tofu or what?

Noodles are also good, green onions, a bit of sake, shitake mushrooms, deep fried or grilled tofu, shrimp, fish cakes....

All this talk of food makes me wish I had a wider variety of food 'likes'.

J

J

I tried a new topping on my pizza the other day.tongue.png

J

I tried a new topping on my pizza the other day.tongue.png

You rebel!

So I love miso now. I use about ome box of tofu per quart though. And I use firm. But aside from that what else can I add to make it even better?

BTW my miso soup is better than when I have had it out. But I like the extra seaweed they use. I had mussles in one bowl. It was ok but the mussles were waaaaay lost in the soup, so more tofu would be just as good and maybe a better texture for the soup. I just use way more miso and my dashi is ballerhollic. I would like it a little "stronger" in flavor but I am not sure how I should do that.

Noodles are also good, green onions, a bit of sake, shitake mushrooms, deep fried or grilled tofu, shrimp, fish cakes....

I dont remember the wakame, but I will get some. And mushrooms.

I like a lot more miso than what seams to be "normal". I tried using more kombu and more bonito last night while making some and it made the broth better. Maybe I am just so used to in your face flavors that the subtle flavors get missed on me.

I have tried udon noodles in the miso and buckwheet noodles. I am such a fan of really toothy udon noodles that I may stick with those. I think the buckwheet noodles got a hair over cooked. I was shocked how fast they softened.

But you have a specific goal above and beyond being healthy. So "empty" protein isnt so empty. Same with whey or gemma or any other protein source. They are supplemental to a goal aside from being healthy and fit.

If this was a fitness forum, we could post progress pictures, but don't need that stuff being spread on the net under the wrong pretense.

Ant!

Also if your limiting how much tuna you eat because the mercury content then look up how selenium plays a role.

Was not limiting it due to that, just due to only ok with eating 5 cans a week or so.

Canned tuna is NOT food

Exactly, haha, just dense protein for holding me over. ;)

I dont remember the wakame, but I will get some. And mushrooms.

I like a lot more miso than what seams to be "normal". I tried using more kombu and more bonito last night while making some and it made the broth better. Maybe I am just so used to in your face flavors that the subtle flavors get missed on me.

I have tried udon noodles in the miso and buckwheet noodles. I am such a fan of really toothy udon noodles that I may stick with those. I think the buckwheet noodles got a hair over cooked. I was shocked how fast they softened.

Normally the Japanese would use a very thin noodle, more like vermacelli but of course made with rice flour

Ant!

Canned tuna is NOT food

Exactly, haha, just dense protein for holding me over. wink.png

You need more real food Aaron. All the weird extra protein and stuff you are taking is counterproductive and unhealthy. Sure for bulking it can be a helpful thing, but I also seriously question the whole bulking mentality. Step one should be health. Any other goal is a strange pretext based on social needs that don't exist.

Exceptions there are, but when I look at the lack of real food being eaten by those in here and the amount of artificial supplements being taken it makes me sad. There is a reason that America is the obese country. It isn't from protein's, but it is from what i call empty calories. Processed shit that has nothing positive for your body that is tough to digest. The supplements and protein in a can exhibit many of the same features as other empty foods.

There are so many natural ways to get protein that taste good. Of course your body is now so confused by the fake shit it will deceive you on what is actually good for it. This of course is the problem with empty calories. Somehow they are addicting. If you can cleanse them out of your system completely for a month, your cravings will all of a sudden warp into what your body needs instead of what you are training it to want. Over and over I've seen this amongst healhty people. They never say, oh, I better eat a xxxx today. It's xxxx sounds really good. And it's earnest. People with what I will call eating disorders are different.

Case and point think of what is your "favorite" nasty fast food item. Ever notice how you don't really crave it until you have it and then you want it again quickly? Bad habits are super easy to train your body on, good ones much harder.

Presuming your getting enough micronutrients and minerals from your other meals, then I don't see any reason why tuna isn't helpful for those that need the additional kcal+protein for building mass. Especially when it's easy to eat, and doesn't require cooking a ton of meals. Everything is a compromise, and personally it's one I'll comfortably make.

Not really sure how "empty kcalorie" tuna is, as it does contain iron, vitamin d, niacin, b6, b12, and selenium. Perhaps the quantities are small, and the processing of the fish is extremely poor--I don't know.

Edited by stefanhinote

i dont always eat tuna,..................... but when i do its out of a jar.

Quick question if you guys happen to know. Dont want to bother aaron if i dont need to.

Got my recon for my bro's icon today. I don't see any Glue. Should it have came with some or do i order that myself? if so what should i get?

Don't believe it comes with glue.

Generally CA glue (with accelerator) is used, should be able to find some at a hobby shop. Some people also use high strength epoxy.

But I honestly don't know enough about adhesives to tell you if one is better than the other, beside epoxy being much easier to come by.

I use 5 minute clear epoxy. Did 5 recones, 4 of which went in SPL setups, all is well :)

I agree with the premise Sean but for athletic reasons sometimes more protein is needed. For mass or not.

Even aerobic exercise benefits from more protein.

I see no reason to not use whey however. Especially since it is part of the cheese making process and a natural food source.

YMMV.

Quick question if you guys happen to know. Dont want to bother aaron if i dont need to.

Got my recon for my bro's icon today. I don't see any Glue. Should it have came with some or do i order that myself? if so what should i get?

Don't believe it comes with glue.

Generally CA glue (with accelerator) is used, should be able to find some at a hobby shop. Some people also use high strength epoxy.

But I honestly don't know enough about adhesives to tell you if one is better than the other, beside epoxy being much easier to come by.

I use 5 minute clear epoxy. Did 5 recones, 4 of which went in SPL setups, all is well :)

What about elmers white glue? :P

I agree with the premise Sean but for athletic reasons sometimes more protein is needed. For mass or not.

Even aerobic exercise benefits from more protein.

I see no reason to not use whey however. Especially since it is part of the cheese making process and a natural food source.

YMMV.

I am always open to new ideas and methods. Technically, I am not trying to bulk, I'm actually dropping weight (not necessarily planned). As for me, it is the sheer amount of protein volume needed to just maintain. To gain and bulk, it would have to go up even more.