mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The DCX will do EQ, Dynamic EQ, 3-way active with 24dB L/R slopes, you can EQ each indiv channel, time delay, hook up to a computer and change everything that way, and thats about all I can think of currently.

*edit* It has internal memory for 32 saved presets, a PCMCIA card slot for expandable memory if you need it, and the ability to link with multiple other DCX units as well.

Some highschool dumbasses just drove my my house at like 15mph "bumping". NO person drives 15mph on my road, around 40mph is the absolute minimum... So here I am wondering if it'd be legal for me to take pot-shots at them, or have them come inside and listen to the Maggies to show them what music is supposed to sound like.

If all goes well, I should be selling my computer at the end of the week ... Purchased for $630 after taxes (and upgrades) in April 2006, selling for $500 June 2007 ... In other words, it cost me $10/month to run it ...

Next computer is going to be:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 CPU (aiming for 3.5 GHz on air, will probably be between 3.2 - 3.4 GHz)

Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Tower Cooler + Scythe S-Flex 120 mm Fan

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev. 3.3 Motherboard

2 x 1 GB OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-8500 DDR2 Memory

Gigabyte Poseidon Case (Black)

Silverstone ST50EF 500 Watt Power Supply

XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB Graphics Card

320 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA2 Hard Drive

Lite-On DVD Burner (Undecided on exact model)

Lite-On DVD-ROM

Windows Vista Ultimate OEM

I'm moving my AcePower 520 Watt PSU that's in my current gaming PC to my media center PC and the Antec 350 watt PSU that's currently in my media center PC into my bedroom PC. The AcePower is a nice PSU, but it just doesn't have good enough voltage regulation for me to feel comfortable overclocking with it. Also, the Silverstone is a lot more efficient, which means less heat.

After selling my computer, I should be able to complete the upgrade for around $250 after taxes and shipping ... :)

I'm buying the same motherboard for my new setup.

lol I haven't shot a BB gun in years.

why are you doing that now??

I don't teach during the summer semester ... I take it off to work on my research.

I have worked at this job previously, and it was easier to re-hire someone who is already trained to relieve for guys taking holidays. Trust me, I only took it for the money - we're not allowed to take pictures, but this plant is the definition of heavy industry.

what sort of work?

If all goes well, I should be selling my computer at the end of the week ... Purchased for $630 after taxes (and upgrades) in April 2006, selling for $500 June 2007 ... In other words, it cost me $10/month to run it ...

Current gaming computer:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ (2 GHz)

Stock Cooler

MSI RS482M4 (MS-7191) Motherboard

4 x 512 MB Corsair Value Select PC-3200 DDR Memory

Foxxconn MicroATX Case

AcePower 520 Watt Power Supply (Keeping, selling with original 400 Watt Hipro PSU)

XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB Graphics Card (Keeping)

200 GB Seagate 7200.8 ATA100 Hard Drive

320 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA2 Hard Drive (Keeping)

BenQ DW-1650 DVD Burner

Lite-On DVD-ROM (Keeping)

Windows XP Media Center Edition

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 CPU (aiming for 3.5 GHz on air, will probably be between 3.2 - 3.4 GHz)

Lite-On DVD-ROM

I'm moving my AcePower 520 Watt PSU that's in my current gaming PC to my media center PC and the Antec 350 watt PSU that's currently in my media center PC into my bedroom PC. The AcePower is a nice PSU, but it just doesn't have good enough voltage regulation for me to feel comfortable overclocking with it. Also, the Silverstone is a lot more efficient, which means less heat.

After selling my computer, I should be able to complete the upgrade for around $250 after taxes and shipping ... :)

My attention is very piqued. So you can get the new one for around $750 total?

That proc seems to OC very well.

I use to be pretty heavy in computers 2-3years ago, but I said the hell with it when I just plain ole couldn't keep up with all the new stuff that was comming out.

On a different note, I got 4 80gig SATA drives yesterday from my brother for free. :)

what sort of work?

Producing zinc, lead, copper, gold, silver, bismuth, cadmium, indium, germanium, acids, fertilizers, and a couple others out of rock dug up from mines.

Briefly ... the smelter (Kivcet furnace) melts stuff and pours it into blocks. The lead refinery has a 6 day process of refining (anodes/cathodes) ... they remelt it and do their thing to it. The leftovers come into the silver refinery where it is melted and separated into #1 dore slag and black metal. The black metal is granulated and the slag is sent back to the smelter for further refining. The black metal is dumped into burndown furnaces which fumes off bismuth, arsenic, antimony, selenium, thallium, etc. Two more furnaces, the BBOC and TBRC further refine and finally sheets of silver are produced. The silver has some chemical treatment and what is left is black sand. The silver is remelted and further refined and then cast into bars (1000 ounce bars, 72 per day). The black sand is refined and produces gold which is also cast into a r (800-1000 ounces, 1 bar per day).

Zinc bars are also produced in a different plant on the property and used in some of the processes in the refinery and the rest sold.

Current gaming computer:

Stock Cooler

Foxxconn MicroATX Case

AcePower 520 Watt Power Supply (Keeping, selling with original 400 Watt Hipro PSU)

BenQ DW-1650 DVD Burner

Lite-On DVD-ROM

I'm selling my old computer (sans the graphics card, PSU, and 320 GB HDD) for $500, the rest of the upgrades are going to cost about $750 ... I got my 8800 GTS 640 MB for $270 and 320 GB HDD for $100 back in December, so technically it brings it up to about $1100 CAD after taxes, shipping, etc. Still pretty good ...

yeah I used to be big into computers(was my major before radiography) but I dunno, I spend so much time on my computer as it is...having it as a career just didn't seem plausible. I haven't really been keeping up with DDR3 or duo cores or anything like that really. Have they even released the new type of wifi? Wasn't it like 802.11n or something like that? Or are they still working on that.

Today has been a very Blah day.

Current gaming computer:

Stock Cooler

Foxxconn MicroATX Case

BenQ DW-1650 DVD Burner

Lite-On DVD-ROM

I'm selling my old computer (sans the graphics card, PSU, and 320 GB HDD) for $500, the rest of the upgrades are going to cost about $750 ... I got my 8800 GTS 640 MB for $270 and 320 GB HDD for $100 back in December, so technically it brings it up to about $1100 CAD after taxes, shipping, etc. Still pretty good ...

i got a new computer, and my head hurts after reading that..lol....

ur computer> my computer and i suck...

lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just got a bicycle :D

2007 Trek 6000

what sort of work?

Producing zinc, lead, copper, gold, silver, bismuth, cadmium, indium, germanium, acids, fertilizers, and a couple others out of rock dug up from mines.

Briefly ... the smelter (Kivcet furnace) melts stuff and pours it into blocks. The lead refinery has a 6 day process of refining (anodes/cathodes) ... they remelt it and do their thing to it. The leftovers come into the silver refinery where it is melted and separated into #1 dore slag and black metal. The black metal is granulated and the slag is sent back to the smelter for further refining. The black metal is dumped into burndown furnaces which fumes off bismuth, arsenic, antimony, selenium, thallium, etc. Two more furnaces, the BBOC and TBRC further refine and finally sheets of silver are produced. The silver has some chemical treatment and what is left is black sand. The silver is remelted and further refined and then cast into bars (1000 ounce bars, 72 per day). The black sand is refined and produces gold which is also cast into a r (800-1000 ounces, 1 bar per day).

Zinc bars are also produced in a different plant on the property and used in some of the processes in the refinery and the rest sold.

Yea the temps ur talking about are freakin hot as hell man......and this work sounds interesting?? got a way to hook up a visit or something?

J

EDIT: I CANNOT TYPE!!!!

Hey what do ya know............its hot out?

I stand over a 2200F furnace containing molten metal for 12 hours of a day wearing 3 ft/s coveralls, thermal long underwear and long sleeve shirt, a respirator, and a molten metal splash jacket ... and it is 109F outside. On the way up to the lunch room, still in the plant but not near the furnaces, the air temperature is 158F.

At least I'm not getting shot at. :fing34:

109F outside? are you in Arizona?

spent the afternoon working on a friend's car, not so much fun in 105+ temps

new game: how do you keep some idiots occupied?

tell them they're wrong

say X is better than Y

and in some cases, present them with the actual truth and watch it fly over their heads

Damn, I've got to mail a check to pay my parking ticket...

Almost got towed last friday night, I was parked there for 3hrs and got a ticket and almost towed while my friend has been living there for 2.5weeks parking illegally and never got a ticket or towed.

boo. they don't like your truck.

Just got a bicycle :D

2007 Trek 6000

bad ass dennis. Pics of said bike or ban? ^_^