mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Saw the movie Stop-Loss, good movie.

And whats up with parents bringing their fricking little kids who are still in grade school to that movie?? That is NOT a movie for the young'uns.

Sexy looking car Steve.

x2 :D

Very cool car.

Managed to get an Terk passive FM antenna from the junk store. Along with the old bookshelf cd player system (circa 1994 Sony) I got from my uncle and some miscellaneous odds and ends I'll have about $10 invested into a ghetto-tastic computer speaker setup :drink40:fing05.gif

Sean, the Boeing plant here makes Apaches, fyi

I am going to throttle the sales guy I have there, they need our help bad and I didn't know that is where they were made. Vibration issues in a chopper. lol.

Managed to get an Terk passive FM antenna from the junk store. Along with the old bookshelf cd player system (circa 1994 Sony) I got from my uncle and some miscellaneous odds and ends I'll have about $10 invested into a ghetto-tastic computer speaker setup :drink40:fing05.gif

And you are using the terk for what?

I have a question about something I never took the time to learn about amplifiers. I didn't want to spam and make a new thread.

If you have 2 subs and you're looking for an amp, would you want a class D monoblock or a 2channel amp? I've always thought using monoblock for woofers was the way to go, but I've confused myself reading haha.

Both my past set-ups have been single sub so I've never wired 2 subs to one monoblock amp... If I had 2 subs that were dual 4 ohm and I wired each sub in parallel, then each sub would have a 2ohm total load. But then when you go to hook up the speaker wires to the amplifier, and you use both sets of + / - then would that be a 2ohm load on the amplifier or a 1ohm load?

Same with a 2channel, would you need an amplifier that supports say xxxRMS x 2 @ 2ohms? I'm confused about the internal workings of the amps, I thought monoblocks speaker outputs were all connected internally so no matter which output you use it's the same impedence... can someone school me real quick?

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

almost 400 bones for a 180 amp alt and like 450 for a 200 amp...........damn

J

For what, from where? Let me see if I can dig up an old connection. I have been able to hook up a couple people on the boards versus the typical vendors.

Keep in mind thats shipping added.

From Iraggi alts. Ohio gen is WAY more expensive and excessive NEVER replies.

J

Try here. http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/

Ohio Gen quality without their price. Their customer service is second to none as well.

:boobs2:

Never seen that color, I like it!

Agreed! Nice ride for a Chrysler!

You must like Red as well. I don't get it. My favorite color is green, but when I buy vehicles, they always seem end up being red or black. Odd.

I have a question about something I never took the time to learn about amplifiers. I didn't want to spam and make a new thread.

If you have 2 subs and you're looking for an amp, would you want a class D monoblock or a 2channel amp? I've always thought using monoblock for woofers was the way to go, but I've confused myself reading haha.

Both my past set-ups have been single sub so I've never wired 2 subs to one monoblock amp... If I had 2 subs that were dual 4 ohm and I wired each sub in parallel, then each sub would have a 2ohm total load. But then when you go to hook up the speaker wires to the amplifier, and you use both sets of + / - then would that be a 2ohm load on the amplifier or a 1ohm load?

Same with a 2channel, would you need an amplifier that supports say xxxRMS x 2 @ 2ohms? I'm confused about the internal workings of the amps, I thought monoblocks speaker outputs were all connected internally so no matter which output you use it's the same impedence... can someone school me real quick?

-John

A monoblock amp has one channel. If there are stereo outputs for speaker wires, it's all connected in parallel internally, so in your instance, the amp will see 1 ohm. If it's two channel, it's two channel, so each driver wired in parallel on each channel will present a 2 ohm load. . . .

So your logic is correct.

The only time this will differ is with multiple monoblocks, which are 2 or more monoblocks in one chassis. I'm sure you've heard of a dual monoblock amp? These are rare though, and expensive, so the likelihood of you coming across one is slim. Each monoblock will have it's own input, output, power supply, etc. . .

I got some awesome new and photos today!

photos???

A monoblock amp has one channel. If there are stereo outputs for speaker wires, it's all connected in parallel internally, so in your instance, the amp will see 1 ohm. If it's two channel, it's two channel, so each driver wired in parallel on each channel will present a 2 ohm load. . . .

So your logic is correct.

The only time this will differ is with multiple monoblocks, which are 2 or more monoblocks in one chassis. I'm sure you've heard of a dual monoblock amp? These are rare though, and expensive, so the likelihood of you coming across one is slim. Each monoblock will have it's own input, output, power supply, etc. . .

ok that's what I was confused, the outputs are wired parallel internally... Is this the same for most amps? I was unsure how 2 subs with 2ohm load each became 1ohm total, but now it makes sense. The reason I even ask about 2channels is a friend wants me to find him an amp and he said he wants a 2 channel amp for 2 subs, and I was going to tell him to just get a monoblock but I didn't know how to explain why. So would a 2 channel amp @ 2ohms put the same strain on an electrical system as a 1ohm monoblock? They seem to put out the same power, just different methods so it must have the same amount of total current draw right? I figure 1ohm stable amps (such as the sundown) are more expensive, so maybe a 2channel generic amp like Kicker would be best? he has 2 10" CVRs

thanks alot for the response, that's just something I never took the time to learn I just skipped over that and found wiring diagrams for each situtation. I'm trying to learn how to wire without diagrams

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

It's all going to depend on the amp. Most two channels are class A/B and not as efficient as class D or other switching amplifiers, BUT not all monoblocks are class D either.

Sean, the Boeing plant here makes Apaches, fyi

I am going to throttle the sales guy I have there, they need our help bad and I didn't know that is where they were made. Vibration issues in a chopper. lol.

what? shattering rotor blades are great fun

BUT not all monoblocks are class D either.

Indeed.

Some crazy people even use them for more than just subwoofer amplification ;):peepwall:

:boobs2:

Never seen that color, I like it!

Agreed! Nice ride for a Chrysler!

You must like Red as well. I don't get it. My favorite color is green, but when I buy vehicles, they always seem end up being red or black. Odd.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was dead set on black ... black ... black. Then I saw this red and had to have it - I personally think it looks better than the black and the chrome stands out more. It's Inferno Red Crystal Pearl if I remember correctly, and when the sun hits it look out.

Too busy to take care of the insurance this week, so I'm getting that all sorted out on the 11th. And of course gas went up from 109.9/litre to 115.9/litre yesterday :P

like the new ride how do u like that hemi power?

and always funny seeing the km/h speedo makes it seem like ur hauling major ass coming from an american lol

like the new ride how do u like that hemi power?

and always funny seeing the km/h speedo makes it seem like ur hauling major ass coming from an american lol

I really like it - power aside, it is really smooth and drives really nice around town. Can't wait to get it on the highway for four hours on the 11th.

The km/h was odd at first because I spend a lot of time in my truck which is in mph :P