mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

feck oil.

feck economy.

feck humping.

Nothing matters. I just made cajun/garlic sea scalops, cooked to PERFECTION. Nothing else matters right now. NOTHING.

:bliss:

but are they really cajun, i mean, im from central louisiana, i mean smack dab in the middle (st. landry and lafayette parish) and i see "cajun" stuff all the time and its nowhere near the same, even the food in new orleans isnt really "cajun", its all just a big pile of crap so you can buy it, if you want real cajun stuff, come down here, ill give you a place to stay and you can have some of our cooking =-)

you caught me. It was more lightly spices and a bit of charred garlic. Most definately not true cajun at all.

fing05.gif

...I'm gonna say it. These are better than the best hummer I've ever had. And I have had some epic skulls in my youth.... These are that good.

you have to be lying!

nope. I can still taste them in my mouth.

lol

I was excited though.... been thinking about them all day. And my day SUCKED. So it could be a combination of the day and my mood and my hunger that made it so good.

time for me to go to bed. Left the stereo on in the truck! hope it starts in the am.

:D

no fuck humping

i'm marking another one off the list this weekend, and i'm doing it in style.

no pics

details?

on a huge ass cliff, gonna sneak up and camp there saturday i things go as planned...and if i can find my good sleeping bags. I think minji managed to lose my down bags, but not the $15 wal-mart ones...lmfao

nice is this goin to be with g/f or a new one?

The fiskal conservative in my even thinks that we could tighten the belt on government a bit. Relegeous zeolot conservatives make me as sick as the radical left does. It's all about fasion, and liberal is in style, but no matter what nothing will change my mind, that just because someone CAN lift a heavier load that they should be forced to do so.

I like you even more now. :)

<-- somewhat surprised you like it

Where in my post does it say I liked it?

"best" generally implies some level of quality

I assumed you meant the content of the link, rather than the link itself

Normally I don't even smile on said links, while I don't really like the target it amused me and I felt it was well worth the click.

Group: SSA Audio Tech Team

holy crap m5 :o

Holy crap is right.

Your example of a rich person renting porsches and having house maids and all could be interpreted in a different way though. Yeah his invested 100k could stimulate the market, but what if he took that 100k and gave 2-3 people a job in his company? And taxes that we all pay go to the government, who is the largest employer in the US. Yeah they misappropriate funds and things, but that's another issue. I also agree about not liking inefficiency, but if everybody worked as hard as they can, an employer may be able to cut one or two jobs in areas that are duplicated. That wouldn't be good either.

This was another paragraph I intented to type but then all hell broke loose. I think we agree. We just see different sides of it.

I agree a bajillion percent. I just don't see much of a difference between him expanding his company and him expanding his lifestyle when it comes to the market place. If he employees 3 people, it's probably better financialy for him. Might get a better return on investment than he would on a porsche. Either way the money goes from him to someone else. when you buy anything you are helping others keep their job. From buying a big bag of bubonic cronic, to buying cement. Someone else lives from what you spent.

it's all either goods or services. When you pay an employee, it's just a service. They trade time for dollars. Increasing taxes takes a slice of that money holds it for a while then puts it out. No one would treat a buisness' finance as poorly as our executive branch in the US does. It needs to be cleaned up.

I would love a cabin with a fishing lake/pond BTW sounds like a dream come true.

That or a Wally power 118.

The bigger the expenditure, the more it gets taxed as the money trickles down through many levels. Taking away from the capability of big spending decreases the overall tax a ton.

I do see your point Jim. That is frustrating. I have been looking into alternative forms to power my house. I have been into that scene since about 2003. The problem is there is no return on green energy really. Someday maybe, but the laws of conservation of energy will ALWAYS hold true. No energy is waste free. It's also very costly to set up unless you do more work than most people would be willing to put forth. I wish we would look at wind much closer.

Oil has been so good at being a great multi use product, and we extract so much from it and all the by products. When making for chipsets in computers we have more waste than actual chip and solvents etc.. Allowing builders and home owners to be so wastefull with heat energy is also a big one. We should have much more efficient utilities, and appliances especialy when it comes to gas related.

I think there are so many other places we could trim the fat before we look at big evil oil.

Alternative doesn't work here as our energy is too cheap. The main reason Germany is so successful with alt power is of course it pays for itself quickly, that and they don't suffer from the lack of long term thinking that Americans have.

no fuck humping

no pics

no pics, then stories :P

What I don't understand is why there's all this fervor for offshore oil drilling, but yet when Massachusetts wanted to put a large wind farm off Nantucket they were met with all kinds of NIMBY shit? Are we serious? :)

Like I said before, as long as people are willing to spend $5k on a TV instead of $5k of renewable energy, we're fucked :)

People will always find a BS excuse to try and stop you from doing something.

But my uncle lives by one of those farms and they really are distracting and relatively unpleasant to look at. Before I went to his house I was in the camp that supported them 100% and thought anybody who opposed them was crazy. But having to look at those twirling things everyday would seriously drive me crazy. I hate to say it, trust me.

And an oil or natural gas rig is really that much better for its neighbors? :) I've never been to a commercial wind farm, but I've been to people's houses that have 10kW-sized generators installed and I didn't find it distracting. I guess we don't have to worry about the commercial-sized stuff out here in the East, other than the offshore ones :)

That's it, really. Lots of people hate oil but the truth is that it's used in so many of our daily products that most of those people don't know about. I think it's almost to the point where oil has become a staple to our civilization like iron or concrete. I think it can really singlehandedly be thanked for the massive growth that the world has enjoyed over the last 150 years.
There's a difference between an oil-free society and what's capable now, easily. I don't know enough about chemical engineering and materials science to begin to provide an alternative...but I don't think we should sit idly by and just continue to do things the way they've always been done if we have alternatives that are doable in our own situations, because it's simply what's commonly accepted today.

I would rather live by an oil pump, yes. That's just my opinion though. I also don't think one would be distracting. It's when you see 50 of them huge things in a field that you're like.....whoa.

I agree about oil-free vs. what's capable. We can and should definitely use this time of rich resource capacity to look for alternative fuels. I wasn't trying to imply that we should sit idly by. I'm a geologist, I know our oil will run out some day. I was just relating our current usage of oil to other materials that humans have been largely dependent on in history. The difference is that we have been using iron for centuries and still have enough for centuries to come, unlike oil. It's a bit of a flash in the pan, but it has been a very bright flash. We just need to take advantage of it instead of take it for granted.

Oil pump noise > wind generator. We have oil pumps on our land in ND, and wind generators near the in laws here. The pumps are quiet in comparison.

Never said quiet, but have you heard a wind turbine?

thats a big negative.

i have heard a squeky oil pump though, that this was annoying

<-- somewhat surprised you like it

Where in my post does it say I liked it?

"best" generally implies some level of quality

I assumed you meant the content of the link, rather than the link itself

Normally I don't even smile on said links, while I don't really like the target it amused me and I felt it was well worth the click.

I see.

so it seems i will be gettin my passenger window replaced, due to the scratches from a shingle on the window. this means i will have to take some of my deadening off. also thinking about disconnecting the tweets so the shop doesnt mess them up

theres a bunch of oil rigs a couple miles off the beach where i live. they don't bother me any, they just pump crude oil. i run my dog over a pipeline and past storage containers along the coast every day.. they bother me a lot less than people who talk on their cell phones on the trail or beach.

on Monday I read a guy in another forum that predicted the DOW would get down to 7500 before it stopped. I think everybody thought he was crazy. But now........

If this isn't a really bad Friday, I can see a normal pessimistic Monday taking it down near there. It seems to always be these last minute things. I think twice this week it has fallen 3-400 points in literally the last minute. Maybe they should create a new temporary rule that cuts off trading at 3:59.

I hope none of you are losing your asses in this.

no fuck humping

no pics

details?

on a huge ass cliff, gonna sneak up and camp there saturday i things go as planned...and if i can find my good sleeping bags. I think minji managed to lose my down bags, but not the $15 wal-mart ones...lmfao

nice is this goin to be with the lovely beautiful charming, wonderful gf or a new one?

lol the minj, and can you edit your post so it doesn't have her name? she's been google this site to see what i've been saying about her...heh

Luckily, although everyone said stupidly at the time I un-diversified when we bought our house. I needed some more down payment to avoid having a larger loan. At this point, I feel really good about the situation.

The real question is when do you buy.

Luckily, although everyone said stupidly at the time I un-diversified when we bought our house. I needed some more down payment to avoid having a larger loan. At this point, I feel really good about the situation.

The real question is when do you buy.

???

Left feild?

The fiskal conservative in my even thinks that we could tighten the belt on government a bit. Relegeous zeolot conservatives make me as sick as the radical left does. It's all about fasion, and liberal is in style, but no matter what nothing will change my mind, that just because someone CAN lift a heavier load that they should be forced to do so.

I like you even more now. :)

I think you're a stand up gentleman and schollarly man yourself.

:johnecon:

I keep pushing my mornings back, and sleeping in with just enough time to get ready for work. I need more morning time and more night time. This sleep thing is getting in the way.