mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

what's with the sudden influx of ROE/SMD people the last couple days?

Is that why there are so many stupid posts

appears to be

All I know is if I made a million dollars a year, I sure as hell wouldn't be complaining about paying an extra 10% in taxes. Maybe that's just me. Although i would mind if that extra taxes went to feeding the lazy bums who think they're too good to work the menial jobs that the illegal immigrants are now working even though they probably dropped out of high school so that they could do drugs all day or sit in their trailer.

Bullshit.

Either way the whole reason behind this argument is stupid. Again, taxing people who try hard to succeed and have "the american dream" deflates that dream. Upward mobility is extremely necessary in our society and if you take it away the net result will be an economic crash that makes the current one look puny.

Obama is spewing Bullshit... I'm sorry

If he raises taxes for people/companies only making over $250,000 whats going to happen? The companies are going to pass their losses on to the lesser people which means the people that make less than 250k will feel the tax.

*disclaimer- McCain is spewing some bullshit too lol not trying to be bias*

It's ok to be bias. feel free to have your opinion.

That may be true and it may not. One good thing about our society is that if companies raise prices to make up for losses, people will find the product cheaper from another company, perhaps a smaller, start-up type place. Or mom and pop shop. Which that would be good for us. But if the big company has a large market share or near monopoly that probably wouldn't happen. People would just bitch and moan about it.

But really I think it's a decent idea. People who make that much money deserve it, IMO. Are they working a lot harder than you/me to earn 100 times the pay? In 99% of cases, no. But for companies I think it's tough. We don't want to penalize those that expand and grow because that's what the market is all about. But then it's those companies that make that much just by having a huge market share or what have you and gouge the consumer that I hate.

I have this thing about always seeing situations from both sides and hardly ever being able to decide which is better. It's a curse.

250k is way too low. Go out and survey what small businesses make and really hard working individuals. When you put your heart and soul into something versus someone who glides by you shouldn't have to pay a tax penalty. These are NOT the people we want to demotivate. The end result will be that everyone suffers as all goods will end up coming from overseas someplace if we demotivate the wrong sector.

you may be right about that. 250k is too low. And no I wouldn't want to demotivate people, the last thing I would want is more outsourcing and importing.

It speaks to the people who are jealous of others who have worked harder, smarter or both to get where they are. It says to the upper percentage sector that since you pay for 50% of the taxes of the entire country, and the rest of the country does not feel they should carry their weight, your taxes have to increase to make up for it. Take even more from the rich to feed the rest.

Thats Gold Jerry!

The thing about rich people is that they are smart. They find loop holes through personal corporations and tax breaks. While most middle and lower class bend over and take it from the gov't, the rich accept then work diligently to work around it. and kudos to them for that, because unlike like normal Americans they are not filled with apathy.

So you can raise taxes but it really won't hurt them that bad.

The alternative minimum tax happens WAY before $250k. :(

It speaks to the people who are jealous of others who have worked harder, smarter or both to get where they are. It says to the upper percentage sector that since you pay for 50% of the taxes of the entire country, and the rest of the country does not feel they should carry their weight, your taxes have to increase to make up for it. Take even more from the rich to feed the rest.

Thats Gold Jerry!

All I know is if I made a million dollars a year, I sure as hell wouldn't be complaining about paying an extra 10% in taxes. Maybe that's just me. Although i would mind if that extra taxes went to feeding the lazy bums who think they're too good to work the menial jobs that the illegal immigrants are now working even though they probably dropped out of high school so that they could do drugs all day or sit in their trailer.

I know I'd raise hell about it. Its already 35% for $357,701+ for single person. Another 10% increase means you're "only" getting 550,000 year :suicide-santa:

?? math ?? on top of that don't forget the state.

Obama is spewing Bullshit... I'm sorry

If he raises taxes for people/companies only making over $250,000 whats going to happen? The companies are going to pass their losses on to the lesser people which means the people that make less than 250k will feel the tax.

*disclaimer- McCain is spewing some bullshit too lol not trying to be bias*

It's ok to be bias. feel free to have your opinion.

That may be true and it may not. One good thing about our society is that if companies raise prices to make up for losses, people will find the product cheaper from another company, perhaps a smaller, start-up type place. Or mom and pop shop. Which that would be good for us. But if the big company has a large market share or near monopoly that probably wouldn't happen. People would just bitch and moan about it.

But really I think it's a decent idea. People who make that much money deserve it, IMO. Are they working a lot harder than you/me to earn 100 times the pay? In 99% of cases, no. But for companies I think it's tough. We don't want to penalize those that expand and grow because that's what the market is all about. But then it's those companies that make that much just by having a huge market share or what have you and gouge the consumer that I hate.

I have this thing about always seeing situations from both sides and hardly ever being able to decide which is better. It's a curse.

250k is way too low. Go out and survey what small businesses make and really hard working individuals. When you put your heart and soul into something versus someone who glides by you shouldn't have to pay a tax penalty. These are NOT the people we want to demotivate. The end result will be that everyone suffers as all goods will end up coming from overseas someplace if we demotivate the wrong sector.

you may be right about that. 250k is too low. And no I wouldn't want to demotivate people, the last thing I would want is more outsourcing and importing.

Thats Gold Jerry!

The thing about rich people is that they are smart. They find loop holes through personal corporations and tax breaks.

Thats because the basis of the US Tax Code was written to help big business. :suicide-santa:

Not quite. Sort of like saying Marijuana makes people aggressive and kill people. Liberal BS propaganda should be questioned as much as christian conservative BS, you are just forgetting to question at the side you think you are more in line with.

Ugh, had to break into the Jeep after dad locked the keys in. Luckily there is some info on forums about how to break into the car :lol:

Bullshit.

Either way the whole reason behind this argument is stupid. Again, taxing people who try hard to succeed and have "the american dream" deflates that dream. Upward mobility is extremely necessary in our society and if you take it away the net result will be an economic crash that makes the current one look puny.

I just say that because I cannot think of any situation where I think I deserve a million dollars a year. I would think of it as a gift. This just comes from my upbringing and seeing my parents work a hard 60 hours a week and make 40k a year from it. The fact that I can use my brain instead of my body to do work is also somewhat of a gift to me, not everybody is naturally equipped to be able to. Yes I have made a lot of good choices that should put me in good positions all my life, more than most people I know. But I would never think I deserve to make 10 times more than they do because of it. Like I said earlier, somebody has to be the trash man. I can't make a ton of money off stock from a company or something without the hard workers in that company doing the work to make the product, likely for 7 dollars an hour.

Now I'm all for the american dream, like you say. I just think that's a different issue. I don't see being more heavily taxed as a barrier to overcome. If I make 200k a year and get taxed 33%, then get a raise to 300k a year and get taxed 40%, I'm still making more after the raise.

:coffee:

dear god. I'm so tired. Sean, what would you recomend for a really inexpencive coffee set up? I know you mentioned a site one time...

What is inexpensive?

Ha.

Well what I want is to be able to pull quite a few ounces a day. I would probably use it daily. Some days several times. I would also assume the folks I live with would like to have some too. I'm not really sure what I should expect to spend 1,000, 700, 500?

I am learning that the grinder is the one thing you cannot skimp on.

How easy to use?

The Rancilio Silvia is a good budget machine, but really benefits from a grinder like the Macap Stepless. Near $1k for the combo.

Thanks! I will look into those and go from there.

A call to Chris's coffee is a logical step.

I read something on the coffee friend website or something similar. I was looking for chris coffee! I'm glad you mentioned it. I think a few shots in the morning would do me goooooood.

The thing about rich people is that they are smart.

I think you're being too generous :lol:

Anyone here have the abilities to test speakers and get the T/S parameters? I'd be willing to send them a box of 10 PA drivers (to keep) if they would give me the T/S and freq response results on them...

yes and no. Not at the moment as I am not home and I don't have an analyzer with a generator sitting there daily, but it is rather possible.

If you think its possible sometime in the foreseable future and are interested in doing it you can have 10 10" 'peekas on your way to you.

I wouldn't say foreseeable as I am traveling non-stop for the next 2 months which won't mean that I ship a demo system to the house for any reason. If I still had my old job it would be very easy. When this relaxes if you have no solution I'd be glad to do it without payment.

Bullshit.

I just say that because I cannot think of any situation where I think I deserve a million dollars a year. I would think of it as a gift. This just comes from my upbringing and seeing my parents work a hard 60 hours a week and make 40k a year from it. The fact that I can use my brain instead of my body to do work is also somewhat of a gift to me, not everybody is naturally equipped to be able to. Yes I have made a lot of good choices that should put me in good positions all my life, more than most people I know. But I would never think I deserve to make 10 times more than they do because of it. Like I said earlier, somebody has to be the trash man. I can't make a ton of money off stock from a company or something without the hard workers in that company doing the work to make the product, likely for 7 dollars an hour.

Now I'm all for the american dream, like you say. I just think that's a different issue. I don't see being more heavily taxed as a barrier to overcome. If I make 200k a year and get taxed 33%, then get a raise to 300k a year and get taxed 40%, I'm still making more after the raise.

250k is only 125k each in a couple.

When you then look at the baby steps to get to 250k you can see a tax increase their is sick.

My preface is watching Europe and the difference here. We have been successful as a nation by promoting individualism and furthering the desire to succeed. Raising taxes at this level makes no sense.

I think you misapplied my bullshit as well. I wasn't defending no increase on the $1M/yr income level, but was disagreeing with your statement that if you made $1M you wouldn't mind having your taxes be a higher percentage. Nobody likes to pay taxes.

I wouldn't say foreseeable as I am traveling non-stop for the next 2 months which won't mean that I ship a demo system to the house for any reason. If I still had my old job it would be very easy. When this relaxes if you have no solution I'd be glad to do it without payment.

I will keep that in mind Sean. Thanks. :)

Bullshit.

KU. I wish you thought more of yourself. You are worth a million a year, and deserve to not be treated differently but the same as everyone. A million an arbitrary number. Lets stick with it. When someone is making money at that level (in the scheme of nationaly or globaly not that much really) they have a larger influence on the people around them. Even more so if they are buisness owners. Then increase that more if they are property/multi housing investors. Even if they are just a Exec who has a GREAT salary, when he buys a house, it employees many. When he purchases the porsche for friday night through sunday, and then the 4 door S class for the week, Many get paid from that. Increase his taxes by 10% and that's 100k taken out of the market. That porsche dealer makes one less sale. Salesguy working 60 or more a week gets one less commision. Importer gets one less on what he sold.

Take away the porsche idea, be more realistic maybe? That 100k is 100k less invested. 100k less into stimulating the market. Here in MN the top 10% or so pay in over 50% of all the taxes. 10% of the people already pay 50% of what the government "earns". Maybe your parents wouldn't have a job if that millionarie we are talking about didn't throw his "extra 100k out into the market.

There is also no difference in which tax breaks the poor can use from the rich. Same oportunities, the numbers are just larger if you make more. In fact there are programs to help the smaller wage earner.

The only argument for increasing taxes is that our government cant survive with the income it is making right now and they need more money to fix stuff. I am 100% against how inefficient the government process already are, I think that it needs more bright people, and more good ideas, not more money thrown at it. The fiskal conservative in my even thinks that we could tighten the belt on government a bit. Relegeous zeolot conservatives make me as sick as the radical left does. It's all about fasion, and liberal is in style, but no matter what nothing will change my mind, that just because someone CAN lift a heavier load that they should be forced to do so.

What I really mean, is it makes no sense to punish those who have more and are growing and expanding to a higher level than those that remain stagnant. I think to reward ecenomic and other growth is more appropriate.

Anything but the swelling and corrupting of our current governmental system.

Should be getting an HTC Touch for a phone here sometime in the next week or two...

Looking into a cheap but yet pretty decent 2-way design to make and sell. Debating on having Madisound design the crossover for me, they charge 30$ for me, saves me the hastle and I get something that was designed in LEAP by someone who I'm assuming knows wtf they are doing.

Thats Gold Jerry!

I know I'd raise hell about it. Its already 35% for $357,701+ for single person. Another 10% increase means you're "only" getting 550,000 year :suicide-santa:

?? math ?? on top of that don't forget the state.

yeah I was a bit loopy from the fever. Please disregard everything I've posted within the last 24 hours or so...

I think what I was trying to say was that if there is another 10% increase it would become 45%, 450,000 dollars would be taken away from a 1 million dollar a year salary

I think...

The problem with having madisound do the crossover is that I have to use their stock drivers, and they don't have that good of selection for budget drivers.