mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What person in their right mind installs a 4 gauge ground to their head unit?

I am contemplating installing an additional ground to the head unit and I dont have any small wire laying around and have a bunch of 4 gauge laying around. Is it overkill, yes.

Do you guys think I should do it if it fits?

I am contemplating installing an additional ground to the head unit and I dont have any small wire laying around and have a bunch of 4 gauge laying around. Is it overkill, yes.

Go for it!

43 pages in less then 11 hours. must be a good day at the hop.

i was gonna catch up, but not 43 pages worth..

hello fellow hoppers!

It feels good to have a job lol

good. Now deaden your car and try to minimize the sound that gets out of it to stop annoying people nearby.

I can still hear a lot outside the car, even though, except the roof, all the panels are pretty dead :(

Have you tried a foam material.

I have no understanding of why, because from what I understand 90% of deadening is just adding mass, but layers of foam on the roof made it sound so much more dead than just the deadener. I wish I would have put expanding foam in the supports before I put sheets of foam over the supports, but it really made a huge difference.

I can't tell you why, but it made some kind of difference for me, in a big way on the roof.

You need a barrier, not just a damper. The damper helps with stopping resonances, but a barrier can actually block sound. Aluminum backed vinyl is great for this.

And I still haven't found the time to check shops for those materials :(

I fucking hate team members who don't do shit.

First assignment for this group, and I did 95% of it. No fucking way I'm carrying these assholes the rest of the semester.

*pissed*

First assignment for this group, and I did 95% of it. No fucking way I'm carrying these assholes the rest of the semester.

*pissed*

Just wait til you have a child and you're putting in that percentage.

Opinions not based on some facts or experience should not be shared.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week, especially considering that yesterday was St. Patty's Day and the day before that I spent a few hours with my nephew on Xbox Live

Really, are you truly that lost??? You are saying that you can have a valid opinion with no experience? Good luck enjoying life with that attitude.

Blind squirrel syndrome ftw

That shows a lot of respect for those around you.....well if I don't know, I can't do no wrong.

As long as you have a general understanding of a concept you can still have a valid opinion even with no experience...it may turn out to be wrong in the end but thems the brakes...you can't be right about everything

I have no experience working with a chainsaw or an axe, never owned either or used them, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts I have a valid opinion on how to cut down a tree...

As far as the respect thing....meh...I respect people worth respecting, but for the most part I respect people as far as I can throw em...of course I'm in college so "for the most part" usually refers to a bunch of lazy ass good for nothing children...would be nice if there were more HOP people in the real world...sigh

Opinions not based on some facts or experience should not be shared.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week, especially considering that yesterday was St. Patty's Day and the day before that I spent a few hours with my nephew on Xbox Live

Really, are you truly that lost??? You are saying that you can have a valid opinion with no experience? Good luck enjoying life with that attitude.

Blind squirrel syndrome ftw

That shows a lot of respect for those around you.....well if I don't know, I can't do no wrong.

As long as you have a general understanding of a concept you can still have a valid opinion even with no experience...it may turn out to be wrong in the end but thems the brakes...you can't be right about everything

I have no experience working with a chainsaw or an axe, never owned either or used them, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts I have a valid opinion on how to cut down a tree...

As far as the respect thing....meh...I respect people worth respecting, but for the most part I respect people as far as I can throw em...of course I'm in college so "for the most part" usually refers to a bunch of lazy ass good for nothing children...would be nice if there were more HOP people in the real world...sigh

Unless your definition of experience includes a general understanding of a concept, in which case I concede...

good. Now deaden your car and try to minimize the sound that gets out of it to stop annoying people nearby.

I can still hear a lot outside the car, even though, except the roof, all the panels are pretty dead :(

Have you tried a foam material.

I have no understanding of why, because from what I understand 90% of deadening is just adding mass, but layers of foam on the roof made it sound so much more dead than just the deadener. I wish I would have put expanding foam in the supports before I put sheets of foam over the supports, but it really made a huge difference.

I can't tell you why, but it made some kind of difference for me, in a big way on the roof.

You need a barrier, not just a damper. The damper helps with stopping resonances, but a barrier can actually block sound. Aluminum backed vinyl is great for this.

I'm confused though, why then would the ensolite even make a difference? The RAAM (aluminum butyl(?)) worked, but the ensolite foam made nearly the same (perceived) difference.

I may just be understanding it wrong, and more hearing what I want to for all the work I did.

=)

My Expy doors are horrible to get the outer skin dampened. I would have to cut metal. I hope when I just deaden the inside skin it's enough.

Hmmm, I'll see how bad I can mess up grilled pork loin tonight... Bout to throw it on the grill. :)

I grilled chops last night

I <3 my egg

You bought one of these yet? They are finally going to release a plate for the C4 so I can finally get mine. I know its cheating, but making life easier is well worth the $250.

Man I got one of those on your recomendation last year!

Right now with no counters and the range out, it's all we have to cook on. For the first time in 4 years I have had a microwave in the house and used it. Just to boil or heat other things up. Grilling everynight right now.

I just need top build a stand for it. Hunching over the thing all evening is a pain. And a great way to get smoke in your eye!

=)

Menards royaly EFFED my cabinets.

My house will NEVER be close to done! Sean do you know a good counter top guy? I wanted stone, but my budget is soooOOOoooo stretched ATM. I emailed affordable granite, but heard nothing yet. Jerks.

Potentially. How fast are you looking, he might be one of the few people that is booked up right now.

I'm looking pretty soon. We have no way to cook food other than the egg.....

that's not ALL bad I supose.

I just found out the wife will probably qualify for the first time home buying housing tax credit in 2008!

WOO HOO

And if I go ahead and grab another property before november, I might seperately qualify for the one for 2009!

Sweet baby jesus.

*pissed*

exclude the people that don't do work, if they don't do anything don't let them take credit for your work. i had a group presentation in a mass media class last year and we just left one girl out entirely. she never really helped contribute so she got cut out of the loop. not sure what your situation is but i HATE when people try to take credit for my efforts.

shit, lol, i know of a certain competitor that installs a small cap, 1/2 farad, inline with his headunit...and yep, all 4 guage. works for him.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

duran, bassaholic.....go back and edit both the first and last posts in your whoring spree to let people know what's going on or i will drop the ban hammer. no bullshit. no more warnings to anyone. if need be, i'll get denim to turn floodcontrol back on..noone will be whoring. edit or hammer, you're pick.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

e :slayer:

Not only did Resident Evil 5 top UK game sales charts this weekend, it also outsold singles, albums, and films.

Not only did Resident Evil 5 top UK game sales charts this weekend, it also outsold singles, albums, and films.

that's amazing.

Going to be making a set of custom 1911 grips for my roommate out of purple heart... Should look damn good on his gun since his is a full size with a psuedo matte chrome finish on it. His dad (old time gunsmith) had it chrome dipped at a place that did bumpers if I remember correctly, looks pretty nice right now but the grips will be sweet I do believe. :)