mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You can also smoke ahead of time and reheat in a simple braise at low temps in the oven. Or par smoke. In particular for the butts and brisket.

I am sure that I have at least 2 racks, 1/3 of a brisket, and a whole butt already smoked in the freezer. Along with at least 10 racks that aren't smoked, a whole brisket, and at least a butt maybe two.

Cub had ribs on sale last week for $.99/lb :D

if they have that Styrofoam crap though I usually take them out and rewrap them, first in plastic wrap then in foil...

this is all still vacuum sealed from the sams club butcher area.

I am sure that I have at least 2 racks, 1/3 of a brisket, and a whole butt already smoked in the freezer. Along with at least 10 racks that aren't smoked, a whole brisket, and at least a butt maybe two.

Cub had ribs on sale last week for $.99/lb :D

wtf .99?????????????

i thought I was stealing these racks at 2.60! they are baby back though. i like the spare rib or st louis style better.

I never freeze meat, but I'm new to smoking didnt know if I would be breaking protical.

I really am most nervous about the brisket. It's my elinor, and my wifes favorite. I think my best so far was the boston butts. I had a solid 1/4" thick barck on it with this insanely great smoke flavor. i used some mustard powder in the bark rub and it put out this crazy smoke flavor that had nothing even similar to mustard left. I think it really changed the rub.

Low, LONG, and slow and the brisket will be fine. 18 hours is not unusual. Considering you have the guru I'd set it and forget it. Just don't forget that cold meat takes smoke WAY better than warm so get your smoke rolling before putting on the meat and put the meat on straight out of the fridge.

The $1 was for spares. I like all ribs. When I butcher my own I keep the baby's and spares together. Uber long ribs ftw.

Sitting in a chinese restaurant, with all mexicans working, playing bob marley. wtf??

:lol:

Fuck, out of deadener for 2 months now. I've got atleast 3 people wanting to buy deadener and 2 wanting me to deaden doors, roofs or trunks. I've only got a 2 / 10 inch strip of deadener.

Great.

On the plane again here I go. Bye bye Tom. Nice being near you for a few.

Low, LONG, and slow and the brisket will be fine. 18 hours is not unusual. Considering you have the guru I'd set it and forget it. Just don't forget that cold meat takes smoke WAY better than warm so get your smoke rolling before putting on the meat and put the meat on straight out of the fridge.

I like em blackened on the outside; a lot of people don't smoke them long enough to get the skin that black though :(

Still prefer pork BBQ to beef

I know its blasphemy to say that around these parts but still

am I the only one who gets a kick out of reading menus?

Prime Sirloin of Beef and Chicken Fried Bacon with Roasted Potatoes, Mushrooms, Slow Roasted Peppers with Aged Balsamic Vinegar and a Porcini Sauce
Roasted Kona Coast Loin of Kurobuta Pork and Grilled Pork Chop, 5 Hour Pork Belly, Melted Yams and Eight Jewel Fruit Compote

:lol2:

Long day for me.

i dont have the guru. just the egg.

I will remember the cold meat factor though.

Who needs a chainsaw. 215lbs and a running start > white pear trees. fing05.gif

hahaha oh boy. In my training today they told us logging is like the second most dangerous occupation, aside from commercial fishing. But shoot I bet most of that is because of the saw. Eliminate that and it's probably the safest job!

Boarding a plane at 730 in the morning to fly to minneapolis, then driving to ft. collins, CO, then flight back from Denver on Sunday afternoon. Have a good weekend all.

hahaha oh boy. In my training today they told us logging is like the second most dangerous occupation, aside from commercial fishing. But shoot I bet most of that is because of the saw. Eliminate that and it's probably the safest job!

Probably.

as an alumnus from a college with one of the best Forestry programs in the country, I would concur...

On the plane again here I go. Bye bye Tom. Nice being near you for a few.

hope you enjoyed our weather before returning to the snow :P

Sean, what was that website with the affordable BMW parts again?

the chainsaw is not even close to the most dangerous part, that shit is fucking nuts. A lot of my family worked as loggers and aside from getting raped on pay (make a lot when/if you get paid). All the injuries were usually from something going wrong or someone doing something stupid. Apparently the underwater welders are supposed to die a lot too though!

usually a log or piece of equipment rolling down the tree-less mountain was the culprit in the injuries I hear about. Actually, lately I've heard of a few people getting killed by the trucks, going uphill on a muddy old trail and it slides back down, the driver tries to jump out of the truck and gets caught under it and dies....i wish i was making that up

and an edit to clarify my reply

and a post to be a whore