TLM

If you had 1000 dollars...

I kno this is a real subjective thing but Im just trying to get ideas..

When I sell my truck Ill be getting a 99 maxima and ill have about 1000 left over and that all goes to the system. Im down to 3 sub choices:

-2 Rl-p 15s sealed w/700/800 watts to each

-1 Rl-p 15 ported w/700/800 watts

-1 Mag 15 ported w/around 1200 watts (assuming I can get one when Im ready to put my system together)

Everything else is up to you guys; deck, comps, 6x9s, sub amp, ect

So what would you do in my shoes?

Thanks

Tom

personally, I'd run the Mag or Rl-p 15" ported. Though, I've yet to hear either... IMO, one 15" in the trunk would do very nicely. I've been around a few nice installs in those bodies.

Far as a deck? I'd almost try to keep the stocker... it's fairly nice IMO. I'd add a dash eq though.

Comp's? Orion & Kicker are not bad at all. I'm running mid-level CDT's now in the trailblazer and I'm getting sick of them. Maybe try out the RE lineup.

Skip on the 6x9's and stick a couple of decent midbass woofers in the deck. Seal them with a small baffle (.5-.7ft^3 usually)... again, IMO.

Amps? Whichever. Anything that puts out the power you need at the voltage you have. Leave all filtering off and focus on the EQ & crossover. This'll keep it cheaper for you as well.

-Nick

the sub choice is tough because those are both TC-9s and they are both excellent subs

so if you want I have a set of Orion p6.2s for sale cheap (new in box), that could do for the comps,

talk to Randy and maybe he can set you up with a Power Bass PB 150.2 ratted at 800x1@ 4 mono (12.5volts), that would be a nice sub amp

and if you wanted to run more PB the

PB-B693Xv.2 can take 125 rms, that would be an option for the 6x9s

and well the deck is where you want to splurge on, I am an Eclipse guy so maybe look into one of those,

oh yea, decks. If you're going aftermarket, I'd suggest Eclipse, or high end Pioneer (premiers).

Ultimate space saver would be the1 Rl-p vented. They take a smaller enclosure than the Magnum. Magnum 15 would need at least 4 cubes. I think Mike recommends 2.5 for the Rl-p15. You won't need near that power on the Magnum either. That same 7-800 watts you'll put on the SS with work beautifully with the Magnum as well.

so either way, that powerbass amp that denim mentioned would work in my situation right? because I can go ahead and order that and pay myself back later (i have money in the bank im trying not to touch right now)

Thanks

Tom

and what kind of hook up would that be? (pm if you need to)

and what kind of hook up would that be? (pm if you need to)

My friend :)

S/N is Tplaya07( caraudio.com)

Email is Lowridherz@hotmail.com or Timfrench@hotmail.com

Ask him about CDT,DLS and OZ Audio speakers. Dont forget to telll him i sent you ;)

comps, i would get the sale RE has going for either the re comps for 129 or the xxx comps for 179, ithink it only last until feb 18 though..

For an amp, i mean i dont see y more people dont get this, but the power acoustik 3000db from etronics is only 299$ for 2000 watts, i mean if you get that you can upgrade to wateer you want later.

as for a deck i would go on ebay and find one of the old pioneer decks, they where the best ones i've owned. unless you wanna be more up to date, wt pictures and stuff int he hu

The RE Comps at $129 are a good deal.

I would probably get a used deck for the simple fact that you can get some really nice ones for GREAT prices.

Sounds like you're set on the Sub Amp :)

My Orion Comps for 160 is a better deal :gift:

for a smaller car i would just go wt the 2 12's

Wait, i thought RE only had a sale for the RE comps. The XXX's are for mids only right?