gerront

who really makes these amps?

lol your a funny kid!

and the rd amps cost more when i was looking......

i sent rd an email with a few questions about the amp took them 2 weeks to respond... and his reply was a copy and paste from the wesite!

On top of that after seeing some of their business practices I wouldn't give them any of my money.

Could you elaborate on that? Are you talking about shizzon's great customer service?

not every fact comes from ssa..... google and read.....

Now i see an Audioque AQ3500d it looks the same as well........hmmmm the components may be of a different kind but i guess the boards are all the same.....anybody know who sells the cheapest ones????? I guess Audioque...699 shipped for the 3500....wow ill take two

The AudioQue looks nothing like the others and I dont think I would touch the AudioQue after seeing shizzons trouble with them.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...amp;hl=AudioQue

it could happen to any amp tbh...

True but for some reason I view their quality a tick above hifonics Brutus series.

Guess i should have never brought this subject up.....on this forum , If you have a sundown amp...then thats what you stand by, if that person has a fosgate amp thats what they stick by and so on and so on and so on. If its not a sundown amp on here then the amp isnt about anything right????

their pretty damn good ;) my freind has an aq 2200D on 2 t1 15's he cant turn it up all the way or itll bottom the subs out

That's not saying much either.

ye because t1's are rated for 1200 peak power. 2200D rated at 2200 @ 1 ohm either rockford is lieng or the amp is puttin out more than rated ;)

Are you sure it's not clipping?

positive. he can turn it all the way up to 38/40 if he turns it to around 39 to 40 the sub starts flexing a little too much and bottoms out

Why on Earth would you turn it up that loud?

Guess i should have never brought this subject up.....on this forum , If you have a sundown amp...then thats what you stand by, if that person has a fosgate amp thats what they stick by and so on and so on and so on. If its not a sundown amp on here then the amp isnt about anything right????

4 runner... slow down.....

i asked you a simple question......

what is it about the price that turns you off????

and whats your budget for a TRUE 3000 watt amp?

i have used MANYA amps.. im a old man.

Why on Earth would you turn it up that loud?

because hes addicted to bass, he cant help it haha

also dont know if you all care or not. aq amps were designed by us amps. not saying their the best amps in the world, but they have good reps so far. and i really wouldnt judge just because 1 person had a problem with one

Edited by RobClay

and the rd amps cost more when i was looking......

i sent rd an email with a few questions about the amp took them 2 weeks to respond... and his reply was a copy and paste from the wesite!

On top of that after seeing some of their business practices I wouldn't give them any of my money.

Could you elaborate on that? Are you talking about shizzon's great customer service?

No I was talking about RD. Lets just say you can search but most of the threads may have been deleted.

Not entirely true. Id rather have MTX, Kicker, or Fosgate amps over audioque or RD. Of course I like Sundown and may plan on getting them in the future but they may take a back seat if the new Zeds come out at the right time.

Slow down??? I wasnt tryin to sound rude or anything, its just if there is anoter amp out there that is basically the same as a Sundown 3000 for cheaper...im gonna get it. Customer service or not...but point blank Sundown saz-3000d=899.99 / Audioque 3500d = 699.99

Even if the components are a little different there cant be that much of a difference....even if the audioque put out only 3000 real watts its still the better deal as far as dollar per watt..... Trust me if i were a wealthy person id love to buy the sundown...but...and here goes my person custom made quote..." like to make my cars as loud as fundingly possible"!!!!!tm

Slow down??? I wasnt tryin to sound rude or anything, its just if there is anoter amp out there that is basically the same as a Sundown 3000 for cheaper...im gonna get it. Customer service or not...but point blank Sundown saz-3000d=899.99 / Audioque 3500d = 699.99

Even if the components are a little different there cant be that much of a difference....even if the audioque put out only 3000 real watts its still the better deal as far as dollar per watt..... Trust me if i were a wealthy person id love to buy the sundown...but...and here goes my person custom made quote..." like to make my cars as loud as fundingly possible"!!!!!tm

Try a refurb from dB-r.

Ive thought about that...even getting the b-stock ones wouldnt bother me i dont guess

o well ill check back tomorrow,..im going to bed to dream of amps and subs...lol everybody have fun!!!!

ill tell you this... you can get sundown amps for 700 all over the place... i paid 700 shipped for mine a year ago

you can find them you just gonna hunt.....

and if you wonder why people that OWN a sundown STAND by sundown....... well install one in your ride... and see what its all about......

its no joke or fog... its the real deal.

i was where your at now..... wondering can it really be worth the money.....YES it is... its worth more IMO

most amps now days or under build and over priced..... sundown is over built and under priced IMO.

if you were in texas i would let you see my sundown CAR in action. it plays for hours on end like thats what its made to do.

dollar per watt and whether the amp is over or underrated are two overrated statistics. Reliability and longevity count for more.

Umm k. I have no doubt there nice...when that time comes for new amps...ill search a little bit better.....c-ya guys im off to bed

also dont know if you all care or not. aq amps were designed by us amps.

Whats your source for that??

well i have no evidence of the others being designed by us amps. but it used to be on their website, when i searched for it ^ that was all i found. Everything about that is no longer on the website

There is a difference

The Sundown SAZ 3000D:

xSAZ-3000Ddsmall.jpg

And The RD:

yhst-91559291991768_2022_15667013.jpg

Same thing if you ask me. Not counting cosmetic diffrences and the fact that one is upside down :P

also dont know if you all care or not. aq amps were designed by us amps. not saying their the best amps in the world, but they have good reps so far. and i really wouldnt judge just because 1 person had a problem with one

AQ 2200D = Hifonics BXi 2607D.

Aboslutely no trace of us amps design in them :)

rd audio 3250 is the same amp as a sundown saz-3000? are there more companies out there that use the same amp, but with a different name? just wondering.....

They aren't the same amp they may use the same board but I doubt they use the same components. The build house I believe is Zenon which also makes some atomic amps.

It is Zenon, which makes amps in Korea but getting in contact with the dept that builds amps is impossible. Zenon apparently makes quite a few consumer electronic items. Here is my experience with this sort of thing from trying to start a speaker company: For a few thousand dollars you can have amps or subs made for you in bulk. You can get a ton of product for a minimum $5,000 investment.

They provide you with the base product, they give you options on what you want(type of heatsink, choice of internal parts, voice coils, motors, etc..there's alot of chit they give you in their Production Option Package) You generate some specs, they make it for you and there you have it, your own brand. All for under 10K in most cases.

I think 80% of the product on the market is made by something like 6 companies or something to that effect.

Edited by mdexxxiv

umm, but you figured out that the biggest part of the costs to build a amp, ARE the components?

it may look like the same, they may share the same board, but they AREN'T the sam thing

that's like, should i get a porsche cayenne, or a cayenne S turbo

they look the same, they share the sam chassis, but the AREN'T the same

it counts on the components of the amp, how long the amp will work, how GOOD it will work, i never had the AQ but from sundown i know, they are way overmanufactured, you get even more, for what you pay for