gerront

who really makes these amps?

Maybe not the same but they are close enough. Many of the individual parts on those boards come from the same companies, in many cases those parts are made by only one company.

their pretty damn good ;) my freind has an aq 2200D on 2 t1 15's he cant turn it up all the way or itll bottom the subs out

That's not saying much either.

ye because t1's are rated for 1200 peak power. 2200D rated at 2200 @ 1 ohm either rockford is lieng or the amp is puttin out more than rated ;)

Are you sure it's not clipping?

positive. he can turn it all the way up to 38/40 if he turns it to around 39 to 40 the sub starts flexing a little too much and bottoms out

i hope u're posts been ironic

don't say that stuff, ppl will believe you

it's called box design, wow my 100watt orion amp could bottom out my rockford t1, it must have 9xtimes the power it's rated for

or wait, no

the box was just a piece of chit and that's why it bottomed out

and no, only because ur headunit can turn up till 40, doesn't mean you should....

also dont know if you all care or not. aq amps were designed by us amps. not saying their the best amps in the world, but they have good reps so far. and i really wouldnt judge just because 1 person had a problem with one

AQ 2200D = Hifonics BXi 2607D.

Aboslutely no trace of us amps design in them :)

so your saying youve had "personal" experience with the aq amps right?

Edited by RobClay

Edited by RobClay

i hope u're posts been ironic

don't say that stuff, ppl will believe you

it's called box design, wow my 100watt orion amp could bottom out my rockford t1, it must have 9xtimes the power it's rated for

or wait, no

the box was just a piece of chit and that's why it bottomed out

and no, only because ur headunit can turn up till 40, doesn't mean you should....

its "not" my car.... and i would say the box design is very good for the t1's.. or have you even seen what it is or the specs on the box? plz respond id really like to know.........

Edited by RobClay

and IM in no way like that. i dont think just because you have a million watts its going to be the loudest thing on earth.. im more educated than that.. and the reason i said somthing about the amp is putting out for than rated because i know the box is fine. as well as everything else..

until you really see what the setup is and all that THEN i will hear what you have to say.

Edited by RobClay

also dont know if you all care or not. aq amps were designed by us amps. not saying their the best amps in the world, but they have good reps so far. and i really wouldnt judge just because 1 person had a problem with one

Let's just say I have the schematic and know a thing or two about amps.

Personal experience with the Audioque proves nothing. Examine the internal pictures of both amps.

I really don't mean to burst anyone's bubble with the AQ and Hifonics comparison, I'm just stating my observations.

Personal experience with the Audioque proves nothing. Examine the internal pictures of both amps.

bewtween which two? aq 2200 and what else? one of my points are most of the people on here that are talking bad about aq, have this whole theory based on one guy who had problems. AQ arent bad amps, from my experience they are very reliable. when it proves me wrong i guess ill be corrected, but if it doesnt then as far as i know i like them alot

bewtween which two? aq 2200 and what else? one of my points are most of the people on here that are talking bad about aq, have this whole theory based on one guy who had problems. AQ arent bad amps, from my experience they are very reliable. when it proves me wrong i guess ill be corrected, but if it doesnt then as far as i know i like them alot

Sit back, chill and read my previous posts. Beginning to end. I clearly stated that AQ2200D = Hifonics BXi2607D. I didn't label any of the amplifiers as bad.

Internal components mean jack shit if the circuit design is shit. Start there, add quality components, make sure the heatsink will work well for the design, and. . .

You'll never hear me question Adrian's amp knowledge. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...=22933&st=0

yes i know. ive looked at that post before

I'm still trying to figure out how having the same board makes them the same amp...

I run Sundowns in my set up, but have installed AQ's in several others. I like both companies, so IMO it's more about the person's budget at the time of purchase. Either brand can make solid power with the proper electrical to back it up.

I've seen a few issues with both brands, but those things will happen. Jake and DJ both offer EXCELLENT customer service...

Jake and DJ both offer EXCELLENT customer service...

That's really all it boils down to :)

To me the Board design may be the same but the quality of the individual components make a huge difference. Lets take for a expample a simple resister. If the rating is 2 low on the resister it burns or lowers the effiency of the over all product and your talking a 20 cent resister that could have spent 25 on got better quailty. I am sure both amps use quality parts, sometimes its just some minor difference that make a world of difference.

regardless tell me what your afraid to pay for when it comes to a sundown amp????

and the rd amps cost more when i was looking......

i sent rd an email with a few questions about the amp took them 2 weeks to respond... and his reply was a copy and paste from the wesite!

i emailed sundown audio... in 3 mins i had a reply.

:tehe: