87linkin

Im new to this forum and it seems........

that everyone on this forum is more grown up and takes things alot more seriously than at caraudio.com Most of the mods at caraudio.com are so childish and take advantage of their mod position. I hope it isn't like this here. For example: A mod on caraudio.com posted a topic and I opened it and read it. It was supposed to be funny but it wasn't so I wrote not funny. He then wrote you are just jealous of my awesomeness. I wrote back and said oh yes I am so jealous. He wrote back and said you want a vacation? I never replied anything else. 30 mins or so I signed back on and he banned me for a week! :WTFBubble: Alot of the mods there will also delete peoples topics and replys for no reason because they think its funny and also because they can. I am hoping I can learn more about car audio here without putting up with that kind of behavior. Sorry, just had to vent! :madsign:

wow... time after time i can see why i never bothered with that site!

welcome to ssa.

whats behind your screen name?

welcome to ssa.

Kind of weird but I have been using that screen name since I was 15 (23 now), My first car was a 1987 lincoln town car.

fucking right buddy... my first lincoln was an 89 ex, white over blue, it started my fetish with lincolns.....

are you still riding lincoln?

fudgeing right buddy... my first lincoln was an 89 ex, white over blue, it started my fetish with lincolns.....

are you still riding lincoln?

I wouldnt mind having another one (a newer one). Yours looks badass! I am currently working on my 1994 explorer.

Yeah i have always avoided CA.com for reasons like that. But we do our best here :)

funny you'd post that cos I had the same problem with REam o f BS :bull:

the mod was giving this new guy all sorts of lies and obviously didnt like to be imbarresed.

the guys here are frndly and I find them more knowledgeable then the 16 year olds on some other sites

I go on CA.com to sell thats it. I tried reading some info or help threads, and I think it made me dumber lol.

Welcome though. Sometimes, people on here may seem mean but they are just straight forward and willing to help if you are willing to learn.

Edited by phi

Welcome to SSA, glad you prefer it. The atmosphere here tends to be a little more focused on working towards the goal of each topic or answering the questions asked, compared to most audio sites. And I have seen that scare off some people because they feel they have nothing to add. But learning and sharing is what this hobby is all about really.

:)

welcome to ssa.

Kind of weird but I have been using that screen name since I was 15 (23 now), My first car was a 1987 lincoln town car.

87 Towncar was my first. Now I drive a 97 TC.

I think most people here frown upon CA.com for obvious reasons. :lol:

Welcome to SSA!

Welcome man. As I see it we have mods who do their best to keep the forum right and fair. As for knowledge and experience well IMO this place is one of the very best out there.

J

CA.com is full of copycats that claim others work as their own

....I find myself spending less and less time there

Its also the most censored forum I've been a member of. Its stupid crap too... its like being in a different country. They really don't like freedom of speech over there.

I like on here how topics can be relevant for the most part. and alot of people are more mature here.

Its also the most censored forum I've been a member of. Its stupid crap too... its like being in a different country. They really don't like freedom of speech over there.

true

i came over here after bein on ca for like a week, i couldn't stand it. those guys are ***holes and never give you a serious answer.

I too came over here after being banned from CA.com randomly for being an "08er" along with about 30 other people. The mods were just bored I guess so we all got banned for a month.

I have learned a lot in the past 6 months about car audio and have done my best to help anybody I can, internet or real life, with all aspects of my knowledge (of which I still have a lot to learn) and didn't do anything to deserve a ban but I guess that's what you get when a bunch of immature kiddies run the site.

Welcome to SSA. I'm sorry they are so childish, but it makes me glad I found SSA before CA. I attempted to look at some threads over there, but I was unimpressed by their ignorance.

Welcome to SSA. I'm sorry they are so childish, but it makes me glad I found SSA before CA-f. I attempted to look at some threads over there, but I was unimpressed by their ignorance.

Please watch the abbreviations CA-f is nothing like CA.com. ;)

Welcome to SSA. I'm sorry they are so childish, but it makes me glad I found SSA before CA-f. I attempted to look at some threads over there, but I was unimpressed by their ignorance.

Please watch the abbreviations CA-f is nothing like CA.com. ;)

Oops, thank you very much bromo. Edited.