Sign in to follow this  
mwoehr

Which would be louder?

Was just wondering which of these would be louder. Either powered by a SAE-1200D.

2 JL Audio W3v3 13.5 subs, each in 1.75 cubes sealed

or

2 JL Audio W7 10 inch subs in a Pound That Sound: Kerf Flared Slot Port Enclosure

The W7 wasn't made for just pure loudness... What are your goals with this setup?

Why are you set on going with JL? There are a bunch of cheaper, better subs you can find.

Check out Fi, SSA, sundown, DD, AA, IA, just to name a few.

Why are you set on going with JL? There are a bunch of cheaper, better subs you can find.

That's just your opinion dude. My opinion is alot of people bash the W7s and make claims that their cheaper subs are superior and aren't.

Don't get me wrong i like JL. They are an awesome company. The W7s are excellent subs. Just trying to save you some money.

The W7 wasn't made for just pure loudness... What are your goals with this setup?

I know that, however I also know they can get loud and have a ton of X-Max. What I was wondering was would the greater X-Max of the W7s ported (tuned for SQ) be louder than the 2 W3v3 13.5s with the bigger size subs sealed?

Don't get me wrong i like JL. They are an awesome company. The W7s are excellent subs. Just trying to save you some money.

Thanks, that's thoughtfull of you. I can get JL subs for pretty cheap. This topic is just out of curiousity though.

Edited by Jysoe

I know that, however I also know they can get loud and have a ton of X-Max. What I was wondering was would the greater X-Max of the W7s ported (tuned for SQ) be louder than the 2 W3v3 13.5s with the bigger size subs sealed?

Lol man you can't make up your mind for what sub you want.. If m5 seen this post you'd get your ass handed to you :)

xmax doesn't solely determine how loud a sub will get...especially in a ported box.

and regarding your earlier post about people bashing w7's...yes, lots of people do, but that is because they're overrated. JL was mean when the w7's came out YEARS ago, but since then, technology has progressed and more and more companies can offer the same level of performance for MUCH less.

no need to get an attitude the w7 is a great sub but for the money you can do better in my opinion. id rather have a havoc or q before a w7. Not to mention the price of a w7 is out of this world for what your getting.

That's just your opinion dude. My opinion is alot of people bash the W7s and make claims that their cheaper subs are superior and aren't.

Its not an opinion. More like a proven fact.

Its not an opinion. More like a proven fact.

He's probably heard audiobahns or equivalent OR never heard reputable less expensive subs in proper enclosures before.

he asked a question isent ssa here to help out and not bash on what he preffers, jsut beacuse everyone else would rather have a havoc or a btl doesnt mean he has to

W7's lol...

Ask a real question, and you will get an answer.

Edited by Jason907

Ok. First off being louder and comparing excursion isn't really related to SQ (least not in the way you are discussing it). SQ is more than just a sub stage, the subs will only cover around .3% of the audible spectrum. So you want something that will sound decent but still be able to get loud when you feel like it, there's nothing wrong with but it is not SQ.

he asked a question isent ssa here to help out and not bash on what he preffers, jsut beacuse everyone else would rather have a havoc or a btl doesnt mean he has to

Indeed.

*Hint*

Ok. First off being louder and comparing excursion isn't really related to SQ (least not in the way you are discussing it). SQ is more than just a sub stage, the subs will only cover around .3% of the audible spectrum. So you want something that will sound decent but still be able to get loud when you feel like it, there's nothing wrong with but it is not SQ.

+1. Jysoe you want loud subs, stop saying you want SQ. If you want SQ get a decent front stage with some processing. Worry about your subs last.

If money is not an issue, the W7's are a great choice.

no need to get an attitude the w7 is a great sub but for the money you can do better in my opinion. id rather have a havoc or q before a w7. Not to mention the price of a w7 is out of this world for what your getting.

x2

I would go with the w7, if it's enclosure is a pound that sound. It should be what your looking for in the sub stage.