holley2346

Fi - Sundown

Thinking about switching up my christmas build and adding an additional sundown audio 3000D and a BTL 18

Something like this..... subs up port back 12 ft ^3 tuned to 29 hz. There will be a 3/4 plexi glass window (laser etched) on the port side.

What yall think?

** before I get more posts about my electrical, if I go this route I will be investing in iraggi alternators. At least one 300 amp, I'm not sure if I want to go the dual/quad alternator route.

2_18.jpg

Edited by holley2346

I vote yes for the Christmas build, looks fing05.gif.

yeah i like where your headed, are you thinking about putting some lights inside the box?

a big yes to the alt.

:fing34:

You have the good car, you have the skills and the tools, and you seem to have the money !!!

You're a lucky guy!!!

Keep on posting pics, we love it fing34.gif

nice setup bro, looks clean.

Installed my sax 50.4 last night, ran about 100 ft worth the cable. Although they advertise this amp as a 50 watts x 4 of power output. It has to put out much more than rated. Back speakers are wired to 4 ohms and the front pairs are wired @ 2. This thing sounds great, my speakers scream now. Sundown Audio really has some great products, too bad my 3000D is no longer in production and I'll be SOL when trying to find a match for another BTL when db-r runs out. :(

Love the setup.

My friend is running 15" Fi BTL + Sundown 1500D in his '06 Sentra.

Beats the hell out of any system he runs against in my general area.

Thinking about switching up my christmas build and adding an additional sundown audio 3000D and a BTL 18

Something like this..... subs up port back 12 ft ^3 tuned to 29 hz. There will be a 3/4 plexi glass window (laser etched) on the port side.

What yall think?

** before I get more posts about my electrical, if I go this route I will be investing in iraggi alternators. At least one 300 amp, I'm not sure if I want to go the dual/quad alternator route.

2_18.jpg

what box designing program are you using?

Lot's of fun work it seems!

I got a couple of ammeters and voltmeters from a website for cheap. I'm not a fan of digital gauges at all, so these are analog. Never the less, today I installed bus bars down each side of my box. I was tired of the half a$$ look of going from battery terminal to battery terminal, all was going well until I ran out of ring terminals. Therefore I'll have to make my own from copper pipe tomorrow. I will be installing the shunts for the ammeter, and finding a good place to run my voltmeters to so I can monitor my system more easily. These will be mounted in my center console somehow so I can make sure I'm not overloading my alt too much. These will also be beneficial when I go the dual alt route and have a beautiful DC power alt dedicated to my rear batts.

I know I know, :ttiwwop:

They will come tomorrow though.

Here's a shot of the ammters / voltmeters.

gauges.jpg

Got everything installed :) Been working on it ALL dang day! I was going to get an HO alt anyway, but after seeing these gauges peak at 150 amps + I am definitely sure I'll get one soon.

Voltage doesn't really dip down too low. Of course it's not optimal, but I was amazed at the amperage loads.

th_VID00027.jpg

Looking at it now, the video is low quality.... the very lowest gauge is the ammeter for the subwoofer amp. The voltmeter to the upper left of it is the voltage for the sub amp. The gause on the top right is the ammeter for the front stage amp and the gauge at the very top left is the voltmeter for the front stage amp.

If you can't see, the very bottom ammeter jumps from 100 - 125 amps and the voltage stays ~13 volts.

The ammeter for the front stage amp jumps to ~30 - 45 amps and the voltage stays ~13 volts.

Edited by holley2346