Sign in to follow this  
Juslivin

I want to hear a loud car,

Just like the title says, I'm wondering if there is anyone in northwest texas/northeast new mexico with a loud system. I want to hear 140+ deeeebeeeeez :lol:

Edited by juslivin

140+ aint loud, try 150+!!

140 is ok

145 is respectable

just under 150 is loud

150+ is insane

as in take your breath away

when your inside a vehicle

at that volume

Come a bit further south in TX and some of us here could help you out with that :)

Honestly I've only ever been in one or two cars with a system and it was 2 kickers and I'm positive they weren't good...some installed at Circuit City

Come a bit further south in TX and some of us here could help you out with that :)

If im ever down that way i will definetly (spelling) hit you or bigjon up

ya, check out the 140's, then check out a 150 db car to see the difference. it's such a dramatic change, you'll be hooked for life if you like the 150s sound. Well thats what happened to me though. First car I ever build did a 148db, so I was hooked for ever from there. And that was in the 90's

Problem is whats a "good" system around here is like a pair of memphis mojo 15's being fed 2k in a prefab box...

Loudest ive been in hasnt been metered, but def. 145+ and it just isnt loud enough for me, makes your ears pound but still aint loud, hopefully when he gets his new amp itll be LOUD!

Problem is whats a "good" system around here is like a pair of memphis mojo 15's being fed 2k in a prefab box...

well take a trip to Phoenix then. You can sit in Scott Owens 180+ Db truck. You might die though. lols

well take a trip to Phoenix then. You can sit in Scott Owens 180+ Db truck. You might die though. lols

Crap, i was just in phoenix at the end of november =(. Chandler to be exact. That anywhere close to you or are you actually in phoenix?

Edited by juslivin

Look dude, forget trying to hear someone elses system. Built your own. There are a lot of good people on here that will be willing to help guide you.

I already have a 10 inch icon and a saz-1000d.. I just spent 800 on that with wire and everything to run it so i think it will be a while before i upgrade lol

How loud is 140db to someone who has never heard a system in their life?

Just curious.

Like how would you react.

Hands move to cover the ears or open the door and get out. Done that with a lot of people.

Crap, i was just in phoenix at the end of november =(. Chandler to be exact. That anywhere close to you or are you actually in phoenix?

25 min drive. :Doh:

Anybody around upstate NY with a loud system? There aren't really any decent systems around where I live with the exception of a buddy of mine. One guy I know has two 15's in a box way too small for it and wonders why my crappy 12" Duals being fed only 290w in a custom box are just as loud. His solution? He wants to add two more 15's. Most of the people around here are like that, even ones with nice subs that do have potential have really crappy installs.

140 starts to make the ears tingle, 145's is were most people feel unconfortable to be in the car, 150's are just a different story, blurred vision and other issues... I had to get out of my own car at one show to throw up... ahh I miss that car :) other than I always had a headache... :)

there are a lot of factors though... it depends on where/how we are metering also the meter involved (tl or ac).. I like sealed on the dash for comparison's... however if your a MECA person you meter @ the headrest

With my mazda doing 53's sealed on the dash NOBODY would sit in it around here (other than the g/f-she'd always say it wasn't loud to try and get me motivated to work on it) ... the mazda did hair tricks with the doors shut windows up and the girl sitting in the front seat ;) It was very unconfortable to sit in.. I didn't really like it, It's just fun to see the people jump out when the bass hits

And it depends on the frequency you peak at. A 140 at 47hz will sound much different than a peak of 140 at 33hz ;)

Hands move to cover the ears or open the door and get out. Done that with a lot of people.

Not if the car's moving... 751.gif

Not if the car's moving... 751.gif

:wacky: LOL @ U

i'm doing 146s on jeezy and its nice :) hard to describe just build and bang

-Drew

I'm hoping to break a 135 or so with my SSD.

Maybe it will be loud to some people.

The first person I want to see react is my mom, hopefully I can make her get out of the car because she always annoys me while I'm driving.

:wacky:

i got to hear a 150+ h2 hummer a couple months ago. Fist Ive heard thats ever been metered. He played a couple songs before he said the subs needed some cool off time. I was thinking most of the time while it was turned up,

"breathe... breathe..." haha

i'm doing 146s on jeezy and its nice :) hard to describe just build and bang

-Drew

Thats awesome, I can maintain a 148 real time on a TL playing Airforces. My goal is the Bass race the 149.9 class and do a hairtrick with a trunk car.

Sorry I am thread hi-jacking again.

To get back on topic....

I started out with two RF P3 10's and a RF T1k hitting a 142.5 on a burp and have built up from there. Start with what ever equipment you have and built from there.

i got to hear a 150+ h2 hummer a couple months ago. Fist Ive heard thats ever been metered. He played a couple songs before he said the subs needed some cool off time. I was thinking most of the time while it was turned up,

"breathe... breathe..." haha

Ha... man what are you talking about, I got a demo from DJ with his four 18's. He's doing around 158 or so on music...

I didn't have to breathe, the subs were doing it for me. The loudest vehicle I ever sat in....