Juslivin

Thinking of getting a HDTV

Okay im looking to get a HDTV for my room and i kinda want a cheap one because im tight on cash and i have other stuff i want to buy. Anyways how does this one look?

TV

Don't know too much about TV's but this one will fit where i want to mount it on my wall and its around what i want to spend.

Okay im looking to get a HDTV for my room and i kinda want a cheap one because im tight on cash and i have other stuff i want to buy. Anyways how does this one look?

TV

Don't know too much about TV's but this one will fit where i want to mount it on my wall and its around what i want to spend.

doesn't look to be 1080p, but sharp makes a sick tv. I have a 47" Sharp Aquos, and hands down the best i've every owned. Good luck

Looks like a pretty good tv.

Some other good/low cost brands i would look into are Vizio and Philips

TV

looks like a good unit for the price, you probably won't find a better deal on a name brand 32 incher. you're going to want to sit at least 4 or 5 feet feet away from the thing if you watch standard definition broadcasts but if you are watching hdtv or movies you can practically stick your nose in a 32 without the picture breaking up.

doesn't look to be 1080p, but sharp makes a sick tv. I have a 47" Sharp Aquos, and hands down the best i've every owned. Good luck

sharp does make a good LCD, or at least they did when I got out of consumer electronics a year ago. 1080p would be unnecessary in an LCD that small, unless it is doubling as a computer monitor that you sit right in front of.

Eh, yeah its going in my room and im either laying in bed or at my desk on the computer (both about 5-7 feet away)

Anyways, i think me and my gf are just going to save up and get a better quality one.

Might as well, ill probably have it for a while. :P

when you do end up buying a new TV, remember that the size of the TV should be directly related to the viewing distance. you take the 4:3 aspect standard definition picture that the TV displays, multiply it by 3 and you get the optimal viewing distance. if you never watch regular television, or only watch high definition TV and DVD/BD exclusively, make sure you sit at least as far away from the tv as the size of the screen. i'd call this a general rule of thumb, there are exceptions but at least it will give you an idea of what size tv to buy.

for example:

a 32" tv displays about a 26" 4:3 picture, 26x3 = 78, when watching standard definition on a 32" the optimal viewing distance is ~78"

currently i have a 57" which i sit about 14' from, it displays about a 50" 4:3 making it just the right size for my living room.

Stay away from RCA, Polaroid, Magnavox, Insignia if you want something that won't break in a few months. Samsung, Sharp, LG, Sony, and Panasonic (Pioneer if you want to spend that much) are all great tv's overall (picture quality and reliability). Other decent tv's are Philips, Sanyo (Most reliable TV you can buy according to Consumer Reports), and Vizio (which is not nearly as good as many people think it is, but is nice for the price). There are many other brands but these are the ones that I deal with the most since I work in the Electronics department at Walmart. If you are looking for a 32" tv then don

a good TV for the money is the Vizio 32" walmart has them on rollback and I want to say they are like $380 for the price you will pay for it its a very nice TV Ive got it in a plasma I wanted the LCD but the store was out and the warehouse was showing that it was out too pissed me off that we got them in a couple days later and since Im an unloader I see all the cool stuff first

Ye that vizio he's talking about has a great picture compared to the other's i saw at walmart.

a good TV for the money is the Vizio 32" walmart has them on rollback and I want to say they are like $380 for the price you will pay for it its a very nice TV Ive got it in a plasma I wanted the LCD but the store was out and the warehouse was showing that it was out too pissed me off that we got them in a couple days later and since Im an unloader I see all the cool stuff first

I hate to say this but you work at Walmart and know the return pollicy. Walmart returns anything. Return it and get the Vizio LCD or the Sanyo LCD, the Vizio plasma has a great picture but are not the most reliable tv in the world. Dont get my wrong I love plasma tv's cause I own a 50" Panasonic Plasma myself, but I have returned a number of Vizio plasmas.

Edited by AlpineAndy

I hate to say this but you work at Walmart and know the return pollicy. Walmart returns anything. Return it and get the Vizio LCD or the Sanyo LCD, the Vizio plasma has a great picture but are not the most reliable tv in the world. Dont get my wrong I love plasma tv's cause I own a 50" Panasonic Plasma myself, but I have returned a number of Vizio plasmas.

ya I know the policy I bought the thing like a month ago and tossed the box Im not really worried about it tho I dont use it all the time anyways. and in no way can it be worse than the ILO of a few years ago

yea ILO is another brand to not buy. I dont think you will find one since they went bankrupt, but if you do dont get it.

yea ILO is another brand to not buy. I dont think you will find one since they went bankrupt, but if you do dont get it.

yep my parents have one in the living room damn thing has been junk since day one we had it fixxed after almost 2 years a couple months back and at times it still acts up next time it dose it and Ive got extra money I might make it dissapear

Right now you can get the Samsung 32" for $498 and it is not a refurbished tv either.

Another nice thing about the Sanyo tv is you can return the tv to Walmart for the entire year of warranty, all other brands have a 90 day return policy and then a 1 year warranty through the manufacture. It is $447 online, not sure what the instore price is at the moment.

Edited by AlpineAndy

Well, in my personal experience, I've always LOVED to buy from Sam's Club. About 2 years ago, I got a 32" Vizio (720p) for Christmas. This past August it got shot w/ an Airsoft gun (not me, was a friend I really wanted to beat the chit out of, but didn't.) So, it somehow busted a pixel (I guess b/c the outside layer was unharmed) & it had a green line going down the middle. So I took it back to Sam's (w/o the box b/c it had been thrown away along time ago). To make along story short (after about an hour of talking) they took it back & in return gave me a new 37" Vizio for free. It's price tag at the time was the same as when I bought mine 2yrs before. So, I ended up thanking my friend haha.

But now, I gave my 37" to my parents & they bought me a newer 32" 1080p. Yes I can actually tell a difference...I watch BluRay movies off of my player & 1080p downloaded movies.

So, what have we learned? Sam's Club has great service...kinda like Sundown & SSA :)

After seeing Mark's post i think i have decided on the 37" Sharp Aquos. Im gunna mount it to my wall right above where my TV is now =)

I can afford it in about 2 months so im just gunna wait it out. The specs on it look pretty good and i think its the best bang for the buck.

Anyways heres a link to it - TV

Any ideas or input on it?

I have raised my budget to about 1200 including tax/shipping so yeah...

Yeah we have that same thing in the living room, but i forgot about it. lol.

The Aquos TVS are great. I'd look at that or Panasonic, One of the most if not the most reliable flat panels out.

I'm a Samsung guy myself.

Those are also really nice sets. The 850 series has a phenomenal picture. I think that is the model....And it's tiny thin.

The best sets I have seen by far are Pioneer Plasmas (Hands down the best sets ever), Panasonic Plasmas, and Sony LCDs(those are the better we sell at the store i work at), but I would very much like to see some of the newer Sony Bravias.

Edited by todd.brust

Those are also really nice sets. The 850 series has a phenomenal picture. I think that is the model....And it's tiny thin.

The best sets I have seen by far are Pioneer Plasmas (Hands down the best sets ever), Panasonic Plasmas, and Sony LCDs(those are the better we sell at the store i work at), but I would very much like to see some of the newer Sony Bravias.

I work with Bravias also, the larger sizes look phenomenal, but I don't think they are worth the hefty price tag. I'll second the 850 series, its as thin as the remote is wide; all while looking great.

The Bravias are pretty pricey to say the least.

I am thinking of getting a Panasonic PZ800 series TV. 46 or 50 inches. I get a great price at work so it's just a though right now.

hit the nail on the head, nothing outperforms the elite or kuro pioneers when it comes to flat panel TV's.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-32GP2U I got from BB. Awesome picture; haven't tested it with my computer but you'll definitely want to get a 1080p tv if you are going to connect your computer up to it. I also have a Samsung 52" 650 series LCD. Sharp is excellent but samsung pq is nicer(especially for high def pictures).