Sign in to follow this  
95Honda

Parts Express 1000w sub amp

I bought a pair of the 1000w Parts Express sub amps and posted some pictures of the guts on Forceaudio if anyone wants to see what they look like before taking the plunge.

Enjoy.....

http://www.forceaudio.com/showthread.php?p=3404#post3404

How much did they cost you + shipping?

I bought a pair of the 1000w Parts Express sub amps and posted some pictures of the guts on Forceaudio if anyone wants to see what they look like before taking the plunge.

Enjoy.....

http://www.forceaudio.com/showthread.php?p=3404#post3404

can you repost them here for our members? thanks.

not to be a jerk but im not a fan of those amps at all, and this is coming from personal expierence. they dont do know where near rated. Just not worth the money you drop into them.

LOL...

Have either of you ever tested any of the P/E amps? I have. Objectively.

Every one I have tested has made, or came within a watt or so of it's rated power. I tested the 1000 watt plate amp (same guts as the rackmount) 3 years ago. I did the test right. It was done into a load bank of precision non-inductive resitors and voltage was read with an accurate meater and distrotion was measured with an HP 339. Line voltage set with a variac. The amp does 1000 watts.

I paid $600 shipped for the pair. You can't beat that for 2000 watts of non forced-air cooled power...

Whoever got 580 watts either had a broken amp or was a moron.....

Very good price, IMO.

Thanks for the internal pics :D

Yeah, your right, WTF do I know.... LOL...

Here are a few of the pictures..

001.jpg

0072.jpg

023.jpg

0052.jpg

I built a system with a pair of them - 1 on an 18" sub, 1 on (8) 12" subs. They are making well over 580 watts each.

Well now I'll have to go home and test the 4 ohm output of my 240watt dayton... All I know is at 4 ohm on my 2 8's in a small sealed it's more than plenty of bass for my small/medium sized room... The gain is set about an 8th to blend it with the rest of the system.

The 240w plate amps have a pretty annoying hum to them... you can circumvent the hum though..

The guy from AVS had some interesting results. If I read it correctly, the Behringer EP1500 went from 400 to 550 watts from 4 to 2 ohms. Nothing near the rating.

I do find it interesting he said the PLX3402 made 1800+ per channel at 20 Hz at 2 ohms and 2000+ at 1 kHz at 2 ohms in his test. Every other test I see on those amps (I own one) says it does not even make the rated 1700 watts at 2 ohms. The 2 ohm rating by QSC themselves is at 1Khz, not 20-20k and he got 10% over rated at 2.25 ohms at 20 Hz. That alone kills his tests for me. . .

I was thinking about selling my QSC for a pair of EP2500's. . .maybe I should rethink it now. . .

The 240w plate amps have a pretty annoying hum to them... you can circumvent the hum though..

did you bypass the ground prong?

yep, however it now has a very slight humm and turn off pop :/

on the EP2500's.... I had two that I used for dj use(one on the mains one on the 21" sub)... very reliable... slight hum/hiss at any level... I'd say they're over-rated but they do perform well...

**as a note, I was curious about Peavey so I rented a Peavey xr8600(powered-mixer 1200watts 8ohm mono) and it was cleaner, more crisp, tighter bass and had close to the same output as the ep2500 (on the mains)--Please not that I had a behringer mixer hooked to the behringer amp, So I don't know how much that effected the performance of the behringer amp. I just thought it was worth noting that the peavey gear was noticeably better sounding. **I've never used QSC

yep, however it now has a very slight humm and turn off pop :/

Is your TV cable hooked up to any piece of equipment that's also hooked up to the sub amp in one way or another?

As for Dayton, I don't have any problems with my 500 watt plate amp. It makes my Crossfire BMFs hella loud and gives them all they want.