SilkySmoove

Two SQ 12's

Whats up guys. I am currently in the market for two solid SQ 12's to run off of the SAE-1200D I have on the way. This will be going in another vehicle of mines. I have never done a dual 12 setup so I figured it was about time to try it out. I am currently running a AA Havoc 12" on a SAE-1000D in my daily driver, so I am looking for something similar that will get LOW and maintain SQ.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming input!!!!

Do you have a budget, or space limitations? Also, you going to keep the Havoc?

Do you have a budget, or space limitations? Also, you going to keep the Havoc?

Budget wise I would love to keep it under $350 for a pair, but I am willing to spend a little more if the difference in quality warrants it. Space wise it will be going in the trunk of a '93 Altima, and I have not decided on sealed or ported so I don't really know at the moment. And YES, I am keeping the Havoc lol......no need to get rid of that sexy beast.

2 12" Fi Car Audio SSD(with copper coils) or 2 12 SSA Icons.

Icons are 1000W rms subs, I believe, so I would not be getting full performance out of them feeding them roughly half there rms. I was thinking something in the 500-700W rms range each.

Icons are 1000W rms subs, I believe, so I would not be getting full performance out of them feeding them roughly half there rms. I was thinking something in the 500-700W rms range each.

So what if you feed them half of what they're rated at. Too many people are too concerned with numbers....My Icon is only going to get about 450 watts when I put it in.

So what if you feed them half of what they're rated at. Too many people are too concerned with numbers....My Icon is only going to get about 450 watts when I put it in.

Absolutely correct, I am concerned with numbers........the numbers in my wallet. I am not looking to spend over $500 for a pair of subs in this setup. If I was looking for a single sub the Icon would be a prime contender.

Try the DCON then. In your price range, and it's a great SQ Sub.

I had been trying to do some research on the DCON but not too many people seem to have posted any reviews on it. I guess the lack of reviews is due to it being fairly new. How well do they hang on the low end????

I had been trying to do some research on the DCON but not too many people seem to have posted any reviews on it. I guess the lack of reviews is due to it being fairly new. How well do they hang on the low end????

Certainly depends on the box. But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in a ported box.

That would be because they just shipped out to customers lase week.

A brand I just heard recently but sounded amazing were Extant subs.... sounded GOOOD

I run a 12" Icon with 240 watts from time to time. ;)

That would be because they just shipped out to customers lase week.

Very true. Less then 25 total have been built so far. :)

That depends entirely on the box at that point. If you build a box that's a little larger than normal for those subs, you could get full excursion even with 500 watts.

Ok, don't roast me too bad guys. But what do you think about these subs I cam across on ebay? The parts used in the construction of them seem to come from fairly reputable companies.

Robot Underground

heard them and they are amazing.. sound very good and got lower than my cvrs.. but dose depend on box as well.. thier are great subs and have good output.. sound amazing as well

Ok, don't roast me too bad guys. But what do you think about these subs I cam across on ebay? The parts used in the construction of them seem to come from fairly reputable companies.

Robot Underground

ROFL I'm not a fan of that guy, he just butchers good subs :(

Robot Underground

ROFL I'm not a fan of that guy, he just butchers good subs :(

Cool, cool..........now I know to steer clear. Preicate that lol.