rumproast789

Stupid school.

I had to schedule today, and I changed my choices around, and decided, hey! I'll take a woodshop class and learn how to build boxes and stuff. But when I asked my counselor, he said we didn't have a class like that. I just said, is there any class that deals with wood in general? He said no. My school is pretty damn nice (cept for a majority of the people that go there) and it used to be one of the top where I live. I can't believe their is no wood working class at all lol..

so yeah just wanted to say that

how many of you guys have wood classes in school?

Edited by rumproast789

ha my old school was garbage and we had woods and metals, now with homescholing i have forum time and oh yeah whatever the hell i want time its awesome

we have EVERY class.....

2K plus kids in 9-12..... no to big...... but big enough lol

That sucks. Wood shop was my favorite class in HS, think I took 3 shop hours my senior year...

dammit dude seeing this just pisses me off... It's kinda dissapointing. lol. therse at least 1k kids last time i heard 1500-1800 or something along those lines

yeah, i took a woodshop class back in 7th grade, then did construcion and metal trades my freshmen year of hs, but ever since i was little, i was doing projects with my dad and neighbors.

There were only ~100 people in my entire high school....

Had two semesters in "wood shop" and four in ag shop (metal working/wood working/comprehensive meat packing)

I only took one semester in Ag shop, wood shop was more enjoyable, had a teacher that gave a shit and I get along really well with him. Its nice being friends with teachers when out of HS, I can still go back and have access to the shop if I need it. :)

I transferred to another HS after freshman year, the one I moved to basically consolidated ag shop with metal shop and wood shop into just ag shop. Best class I have ever taken outside of elementary school :D

1400 kids at my high school, we got wood, metal, and auto SHOP B*tches!! Bring our cars in to get worked on in auto, make a stool/table in wood, and build rails in metal class hahaha cept im not a tekkie and have academics to keep

1400 kids at my high school, we got wood, metal, and auto SHOP B*tches!! Bring our cars in to get worked on in auto, make a stool/table in wood, and build rails in metal class hahaha cept im not a tekkie and have academics to keep

we have a bunch of auto classes, but most of them I wasn't interested in. Small engine repair lol, I'd rather learn about different car chit but all of them i'm sure are blow off's.

i remember having it at both the middle schools

we have a bunch of auto classes, but most of them I wasn't interested in. Small engine repair lol, I'd rather learn about different car chit but all of them i'm sure are blow off's.

i remember having it at both the middle schools

we have the best auto program in the state for highschools.. wich only has a few left in phoenix highschools.. sadly no one wants to teach auto any more.. i am currently in 3-4 and next year may get 5-6 and be placed in an auto dealer...!! and earn credit for itt!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh and we had a drafting class but they have since removed it.. all that is left is auto tech and industrial tech wich is a little wood alittle metal and alittle auto

Edited by sound=vibration

I had to schedule today, and I changed my choices around, and decided, hey! I'll take a woodshop class and learn how to build boxes and stuff. But when I asked my counselor, he said we didn't have a class like that. I just said, is there any class that deals with wood in general? He said no. My school is pretty damn nice (cept for a majority of the people that go there) and it used to be one of the top where I live. I can't believe their is no wood working class at all lol..

How small of a town do you live in???

there was no woodworking class in my high school. my high school is the #1 high school in the state with 2000-3000 students. It would have been nice to have one.

Edited by phi

i have woodworking class after work with the missis :)

I took woodshop my.....junior year I think. My teacher's name was Stanley so we got extra credit if the tape measure we bought for the class was a Stanley.

I took shop class (woodworking, plumbing, welding, etc.) in 9th grade. That was 25 years ago and I still use the skills I learned in that class. I wanted to take small engine repair in the 10th grade but my 4.0 GPA kept me out of it. It was only offered to the short bus kids.

-Robert

I think there is about 800-1000 kids at my old high school. We had wood shop, auto collision, auto technology, business, building construction, computer systems technology, electronic technology, food production and management, machine technology, power equipment technology, pre-engineering, welding technology, marketing, and protective services. I had to look all those up. haha (I took none of those, I liked my maths and chemistry)

EDIT: We had Computer Programming also (Visual Basic and Java). I took both of those, but they weren't at the Vo Tech.

Edited by abxx

WRONGG! no small engine classes, we learn that in grade 9 metal class, odd I know.

Im talking about having a hoist, couple lines of air, engine crane, so you can do engine swaps, brake jobs, trouble shoot, but my teacher doesnt like touching certain stuff like rebuilding trannys, he use to be a certified mech at gm/chev dealer working on trucks, now he teaches.

1 thing about tech teachers is that they are so f*ckn cool, the best classes to be in, teachers dont care what you do, and at the end of the day you learn something and have fun!

We have autobody,Ag,welding,small engines,criminal justice but no wood working class