JazzScreamer

What would you do?

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am moving my sub system to a center console to free up some room under my ext cab Sierra (baby stuff going underneath). I currently have 2 10" under the back seat powered by Zed Mini's. I really like what I'm getting out of them. I've even used just one 10" before and still liked the power. I wanted to make a center console to fit my substage. I can either go 1 10"Arsenal or 2 8" assassins (1st gen). Either will go in a sealed box. I'm not looking for the loudest, just quality. I have not powered up the assassins ever, but hear great things about them. The substage will be run off a Zed Minilith. Any opinions on the two choices. Thanks!!

I think you would get a little more output on the 8's plus they will sound good while doing it. If I was in your situation it would be the 8's

8's

8's are a while out, waiting on the new basket.

Ok. So I've hooked up the 8" in a .80cu box sealed (not that that has anything to do with this) and now I'm getting a high pitch beep. I doesn't happen when I have the original sub hooked up though. What's going on.

Could it be my wiring job that's giving me Sh!t or is it the subs. I'm so close to finishing and now this. Any suggestions?

Nope... Parallel. I'm getting a 2ohm load in the end. The Zed Mini wiring diagram suggests connecting both subs separate into the power end of the amp. It has inputs for 2 positives and two negatives. Saying that, I'm not sure that this would make a difference to the amp. I'm actually gonna start over with the box. I think I can improve on the look and build of it after seeing it in the truck.

Not the sub..subs only do what they are told to do by the amp :)

Well, I removed the subs from the box and connected them as the Zed manual suggests (one sub to each connect). The power end of the Mini has slots for two subs (two + and two -). Beeping noise is gone. I'm gonna redo the box now and rig it up to connect then as I just did. Not sure what happened but it's fixed now. YEAH!!!

I finished the box a few days ago. I wish I would have taken pics of the build but I totally forgot. The box is sealed and has and internal volume of .80cuft and is stuffed with poly fill. I ran two 3/8" strands of all thread through the box and made some supports with some 2" flat stock to bolt down to the seats. The last thing I wanted was this thing flying around in a wreck or sudden stop. The box was made of mostly 3/4" MDF (two sides are 5/8"). I didn't think it was that big of a deal since I am only running a potential of 500W with the 2 8's subs. I love the sound of these. The sound stage has moved forward a bit, and the fact that the box touches the seats and resonates through the seats slightly, really gives a bigger feel to the bass. These little suckers blend well with the front stage.

The front stage is a three way with AA Poly's (55-1Khz), 2"CDT Midtweets (800hz and up) and 1" CDT tweets in the A pillars (8K and up with an L-pad for quick adjustment)). I have some EQ on it to tone down a few peaks, but I really like this set up.

P3020019.jpg

P3020020.jpg

P3020021.jpg

If you are truly just looking for quality, then either will be more than adequate to keep up with most front stages.

Ok so I'm still getting a high signal pitch. Here's what I've done....

Disconnect RCA's from Minilith and just ran the Draconia by itself.

Result: Eliminates half of the high pitch signal. When I connect the Mini the pitch strengthens.

Replaced the RCA's running to the Mini.

Results: Nothing

Turned down the Gain.

Results: Help a little bit,but still have the pitch.

On a nother note.

I have both subs in the same enclosure (no divider), do I need to run them in or out of phase?

In phase.

Are you using the stock ground for your headunit? If so, run a fresh one.

From your headunit to your amp? Or just an 18awg wire to ground your amp?