bobonit

97 Maxima Build Log

I must say what everyone HAS to be thinking on here... Will you hook up my stereo and have my babies?

This install is a dream that I wish I could make come true inside my Toyota Camry... Although handy, not time and no tools means that I just order a box and deaden the trunk... call it a day.... :(

Builds like this almost make me wanna buy a car.. Oh, and they motivate me.. And make me really jealous..

:popcorn2:

looking good brother.

It still does not look as good as your avatar! But thanks anyway trink40.gif

Builds like this almost make me wanna buy a car.. Oh, and they motivate me.. And make me really jealous..

:popcorn2:

Thanks!

I really didn't like how the cabling came out so I pulled them out and rerouted them. I think it looks much better this way.

DSC01226.jpg

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

Great job!! :fing34: Yes I agree the rerouting of the cables looks better! :popcorn:

I like the new cabling :)

Great job!! :fing34: Yes I agree the rerouting of the cables looks better! :popcorn:

I like the new cabling :)

Very creative use of that space.

Looks damn good man.

Vey nice! I like the re-routing of your wiring!

Thanks for the comments guys!! I agree, I'm very pleased with how its looking. Now time to finish this bish up.

:popcorn:

Alright, I finally got some time to work on my kicks since I'm between jobs again. I put on some more Everglass filler and blocked it. Next I will try laying on some Rage and getting it smooth so I can texture and paint them. Here's a couple pics from my phone.

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

Look to be a good size. :)

Look to be a good size. :)

Yea, 2 reasons for that. The Tang Band 6.5's have a huge underhung motor assembly, and I wanted some midbass out of them too. But since I'm only 5'8", I still have plenty of foot clearance.

Ok, I tried using Rage Extreme for the first time today on one of the kicks, I don't think I did too bad. After sanding I only found a couple of small spots I need to redo, but other than that I'm happy with them.

Here it is freshly coated.

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

And next to the can of Rage for size comparison.

DSC01298.jpg

Here it is after block sanding.

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

:fing34:

Very nice!

How do you plan on finishing the pods?

Very nice!

How do you plan on finishing the pods?

After I finish up with the Rage, I'm going to prime them, sand them with finer grit paper, maybe 180? Then when they look good, I have some SEM Texture and SEM Color that matches the beige interior. I'm hoping they look sort of like the doors and trim panels. We will see.

I'm a noob.gif at glassing so at this point I'll be happy to just get them done and playing, they are sort of holding up the works right now. Once these are done, I'll run speaker and the alpine wires and then install the speakers and head unit. Once that is playing, subs go in.

I was able to get more work done today . The one on the left has a coat of rage on it, the one on the right is primed, sanded and ready to paint.

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

Pods are lookin' good!! The sanding to add more filler to just sand again allways gets old, but the results are allways worth the time. Waitin' for more!! :popcorn:

The pods are lookin goOd Homey!! :popcorn: Did you ever get the trunk finished?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Pods are lookin' good!! The sanding to add more filler to just sand again allways gets old, but the results are allways worth the time. Waitin' for more!! :popcorn:

I'm right there with ya on the sanding, what a PITA. But yea man, they look great after that last sanding.

The pods are lookin goOd Homey!! :popcorn: Did you ever get the trunk finished?

Not yet, but once I get these done (almost there) I'm going to dress up the box and put it in, then I can start planning out how to mount these amps. 2 SAZ-3000s and 2 SAX-100.4s take up some space