holmesjohnson

I'm new to the site n really need help with a new system

I need a complete new system so it's good that I was able to find this site b4 i made any reckless purchases. I need 2front and 2back speakers replaced. I also want a sub n amp that kicks HARD when i need it to but i can control the amount of bass easily. I've been looking at a single 12" VS12L7 kicker sub (2-OHM) in a SOLO-BARIC BOX with a HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi1608D 1600-Watt D-Class. Would this b a good combo for what I need? (sorry if my description on these 2 things dnt add up cuz i'm not sure wat any of this means). im also gonna need a new radio btw but i'll worry about that later

welcome welcome. hope you find answers to all your questions.

good folks all over this forum that can help you out.

If you are trying to stay in the price range of the L7 I would do a Incriminator death row ot flatline series 12. Highs I would do the Kicker KS seires coaxils. They normally run around $90 to 125 a pair depending on size. If you are running a amp on your highs I would do the KS series components. To control your bass use the bass knob that comes wih the Hifonics amp or go with a bass knob that goes inline with the rca's. PAC's bass knob model number is LC1.

once again i appreciate evry1s responses. I have a 98 oldsmobile intrigue and am lookin to spend no more than $450 on the sub n amp combined. i am shopping on ebay for the best deals. The other speakers in the front and back i gotta do more research on

Edited by stack_of_benjamins

once again i appreciate evry1s responses. I have a 98 oldsmobile intrigue and am lookin to spend no more than $450 on the sub n amp combined. i am shopping on ebay for the best deals. The other speakers in the front and back i gotta do more research on

my best advice is to build your own enclosure.. kicker boxes r :poop:

What your Krazy

Kicker boxes are the BEST, 200 db guaranteed .

i have a 00 intrigue. sub is AA arsenal 12" tuned to 30 hz in a ported box i made. amp is a kenwood excelon rated at 600 rms. that car get get plenty loud if u do it right. hitting the trunk with some deadener helps alot too.

if u can build your own box or get a friend to do it for you that would help alot. most of those prefab boxes u see are junk. if u cant build it. buy a nice one. it wont matter how many watts u throw at a sub, if the box is chit it will sound like chit.

as for speakers i recommend phoenix gold rsd components. 6.5" sub for under 90 bucks. dont put anything in the back. its not needed.

i i've gotten my last to amps. both kickers from ubid.com. (do a search for kicker). their refurbished but u can get an extended warranty. they also sell new subs and amps.

do a new post with more details in the right section.

i say get a good cd player first and then go replace speakers and lastly get your substage set-up.

Welcome to SSA. But your topic will get much more focused attention when started in the appropriate section. ;)

Welcome to SSA. But your topic will get much more focused attention when started in the appropriate section. ;)

This is a great idea.

Welcome