ncacoates

Mazda Tribute x-con build

where the vids?

how does it sound with only 1200 watts?

Dint get any videos today but jake hooked me up with a saz1500d and now it pounds hard as i can stand for right now. Got it metered as well today and got great numbers.

13.8 nominal

12.1 drop

.9 - 1.8 ohm rise

clamped 1100watts at 12.1

145.5 Dash legal

143.2 Headrest legal

Time for mooo powaaa. :D

i guess my numbers aren't good enough for you guys =[

Yes they are :)

Great scores. They'll improve alot with more power :D

I think they're all just jealous ;)

That may be a possibility haha :P more than anything im really impressed by the entire setup as a whole everything works awesome and the box came out great. honestly i never figured a 6cuft (net) box tuned to 30hz would do a 145.5 at 44 hz personally but man was i mistaken. I figure if i can get a job again and im able to feed the amp more power and stiffen up the car i can get a 147 and hopefully top out around a 150 with another 1500d

Edited by MemphisMzd

Great score for that amount of power. Strap another 1500D to those down the road and you'll be all set. Mine keeps blurring my vision at night :) :)

and I love it!

Great score for that amount of power. Strap another 1500D to those down the road and you'll be all set. Mine keeps blurring my vision at night :) :)

and I love it!

I want to so bad but im dropping to 12.1 as it is need to finish up the charging system first. Im sure if i do that i can pick up a good 4-500 more watts and hopefully work on getting a 146+ with 1500w haha :fing34:

and I love it!

I want to so bad but im dropping to 12.1 as it is need to finish up the charging system first. Im sure if i do that i can pick up a good 4-500 more watts and hopefully work on getting a 146+ with 1500w haha :fing34:

I did a 147.8 with a single 18" DP on a SAZ-1500. :fing34:

I am so glad they made it there on time. :) Do not want to imagine the weight of that box with the drivers in it. :P

And for high end SQ drivers to put up that number on 550 watts each is pretty freaking surprising, especially since I know they are not broken in yet.

I would have thought Jacob would have for giggles wired up a pair of 3kD's to test knowing him. :lol:

Maybe budget for some deadening down the road too.

yeah i was hoping so to bad my charging system would chit after 10 seconds haha. still is amazing to me that its that high with 550each. I do plan for deadening just not money to speak of right now. Oh and i have a competition this weekend so you guys need to get on them team stickers and send one my way.

How did you do the box terminals?

Good stuff, get some videos up. :)

Pretty easy man just ring terminals with 1/4 brass bolts and some nuts. Fairly simple and makes for a clean install and a reliable connection.

I think they're all just jealous ;)

Of course they are jealous not many ppl have them and EVERYONE wants one.... I wish that I had the $$$ for one or two.... Looking really good.. Got any vids???? I would love to see how they perform

First competition today and the girlfriend got 1st in Amateur street 2. Got beat in mod3 by .4db

2nd Mod 3 - 145.1 headrest

3rd Drive - by SPL - 112.7

w13gk8.jpg

Congrats man! Congrats to your GF too! Did they spell your name wrong or am I hallucinating?

Nope your not they kept spelling it wrong its actually coates. haha.

anyways thanks guys im hoping to do better in the show coming up in May. maybe jake will let me borrow another 1500d or i can run mine at .25 if i can get enough power to it. Im gonna try for a 147+ headrest and hopefully 116ish in drive by.

Oh and id like to say everyone was very impressed with them this weekend. Everyone was blown away by the amount of output and sounding clear as day. Iv gotta say myself you guys did an awesome job on these things im super impressed and so is anyone who gets some front seat time in my car. I got about 30 people at nascar tech drooling over them so you guys need to send me a big old team sticker or just a big old SSA one so i can promote them better. I did wear the shirt at the competition and got a lot of questions about them because of it so i did a little free advertisement for you guys. ok im tired now if anyone has any questions im more than happy to answer but im gonna hit the bed for tonight.

Oh and id like to say everyone was very impressed with them this weekend. Everyone was blown away by the amount of output and sounding clear as day. Iv gotta say myself you guys did an awesome job on these things im super impressed and so is anyone who gets some front seat time in my car. I got about 30 people at nascar tech drooling over them so you guys need to send me a big old team sticker or just a big old SSA one so i can promote them better. I did wear the shirt at the competition and got a lot of questions about them because of it so i did a little free advertisement for you guys. ok im tired now if anyone has any questions im more than happy to answer but im gonna hit the bed for tonight.

Thats great to hear, you'll get even more interest as time goes on and these break in.

Pretty easy man just ring terminals with 1/4 brass bolts and some nuts. Fairly simple and makes for a clean install and a reliable connection.

I'm guessing you just drilled the hole and dropped them in there? I want to do it the same way but I'm worried about air leaking.

I'm guessing you just drilled the hole and dropped them in there? I want to do it the same way but I'm worried about air leaking.

Don't worry about it man just use washers against the wood and torque the chit out of them till they sink in the wood a little. I don't have any problems and i don't see why you would.

Well started doing up the door panels this is just a little start for the tweeters. don't mind the paint it has to come off for some reason it didn't want to work for me =[

1zyww3c.jpg