Well now that I'm old, I feel I need to become self sufficient. This means getting a new phone, plan and/or network. Any Ideas? I'm Verizon right now, but they are quite expensive. I like T-Mobile and the BlackBerry Pearl Flip, with everything it would be about $80 monthly. I also like the iPhone and AT&T, that would be $199 so start off, I'm not sure on monthly prices though. I need unliminted texting, and about 500 anytime minutes. Any advice?

Well now that I'm old, I feel I need to become self sufficient. This means getting a new phone, plan and/or network. Any Ideas? I'm Verizon right now, but they are quite expensive. I like T-Mobile and the BlackBerry Pearl Flip, with everything it would be about $80 monthly. I also like the iPhone and AT&T, that would be $199 so start off, I'm not sure on monthly prices though. I need unliminted texting, and about 500 anytime minutes. Any advice?

the iPhone also has a MANDATORY $30 unlimited data charge every month added to your bill.

but that unlimited internet, email, web, and text i believe.

Same with the Blackberry, that is with the $80 though.

the iPhone also has a MANDATORY $30 unlimited data charge every month added to your bill.

but that unlimited internet, email, web, and text i believe.

The $30 is mandatory. But it is $20 more for unlimited texting.

The $30 is mandatory. But it is $20 more for unlimited texting.

It doesn't sound worth it, I want it as cheap as possible yet stylish. With my texting also.

If you go with AT&T and decide on a blackberry their IS NOT a mandatory data plan necessary, they might try to push it on you, but it's not needed.. I have a BB 8320 with Unlimited txt plan for +$20

yea, the blackberry doesnt need the data plan which is why i got mine.

the LG Vu is an awesome phoen a dn im about to get one come the 24th when i can upgrade again.

If you go with AT&T and decide on a blackberry their IS NOT a mandatory data plan necessary, they might try to push it on you, but it's not needed.. I have a BB 8320 with Unlimited txt plan for +$20

If it's a blackberry I would prefer to get the internet and stuff, I would also prefer T-mobile if i decide on a Blackberry. Any phones that you think I would like anybody?

I would prefer to stray away from full touch screens also.

wow plans are expensive in the states. I got my htc touch pro for free, $5 a month for unlimited text, $15 unlimited internet and $7.50 fo unlimited incoming calls plus 500 anytime. with taxes and all comes to 32 a month

I really like the Blackberry 8820, it would be $149 up front then $74.98 monthly...I like it!

I like most LG phones!! It's all I had until I got my iPhone.

If it's a blackberry I would prefer to get the internet and stuff, I would also prefer T-mobile if i decide on a Blackberry. Any phones that you think I would like anybody?

You fail.

I love my full touch screen ;)

You fail.

I love my full touch screen ;)

It's nothing against them, and I love them aswell. I just prefer buttons.

iPhone FTW

You could get a plan with alltel. Cheaper than verizon but it is actually verizon now that they bought them out so you can talk to people with verizon for free and in the fall or around there there will become one and you keep your existing plan price from alltel.

Update: I spoke with the Verizon people and they said that since I have an upgrade on my mothers plan I could use that to get a new phone and then get off of my mothers account and pay for my unlimited texting and 450 anytime minutes with free nights and weekends and Verizon to Verizon calls for $59.99 or $69.99, I can't recall. I have decided against the Blackberry World and am currently crushing on the LG Versa...I think its a winner! :wub:

i have a pearl flip. i like it...

i have 3000 anytime, unimited text 80 bucks a month Tmo

old topic i know... but get a Samsung SCH-i760. Its a great phone... and u dont need a data plan for it

old topic i know... but get a Samsung SCH-i760. Its a great phone... and u dont need a data plan for it

I ended up getting an LG Voyager