dwright27

My F-150 Build NO 56K!!!!!

Internal bracing will do A LOT more good than doubling everything.

depending on the install. I do double baffle so that the box won't flex and try to fall apart making it stronger. Bracing helps but double baffling is necessary depending on what your building. For this one i would do it

depending on the install. I do double baffle so that the box won't flex and try to fall apart making it stronger. Bracing helps but double baffling is necessary depending on what your building. For this one i would do it

Most double baffles are to keep the sub(s) from ripping out of the box.

if i feel the need to double everything up after the initial testing, then i sure will do. even if i gotta do it the morning before i leave for Daytona.

I'm doing double baffle, with bolts. Then a third flush mount layer. lol

no you do it so the pressure from the subs don't destroy it. If you got alot of power etc you wanna do it. I have seen alot of boxes flex due to not double baffling it( everything sides, bottom top). Like i said, some people need to do it, some don't. 1inch mdf will work to

Edited by bigt

all in all this set-up is probably gonna get taken out soon depending on how much i like the sound.

i know what not to do now when building a wall so the next one should be plenty better. all in all though, im gonna have a port braced with 2x4's as well as like 6 braces inside the box from various other points. if this thing flexxes id be quite surprised.

no you do it so the pressure from the subs don't destroy it. If you got alot of power etc you wanna do it. I have seen alot of boxes flex due to not double baffling it( everything sides, bottom top). Like i said, some people need to do it, some don't. 1inch mdf will work to

An extra layer of wood wont add nearly as much strength than some good cross-bracing.

plan was for 3 18's but i accidentally cut my baffle to short :rollseyes: so i just decided to go with 2.

Power will come from either a US Amps XT4000D @ 2 ohms, or 2 DD M80's Strapped @ 2 ohms.

has 225 amp alt and 1/0 big three. and big 3 throughout the truck.

going to switch subs out if i dont like them to much for something else ... we'll see what the ones i got on the way do :)

Aren't you using the Z1 ? :(

plan was for 3 18's but i accidentally cut my baffle to short :rollseyes: so i just decided to go with 2.

Power will come from either a US Amps XT4000D @ 2 ohms, or 2 DD M80's Strapped @ 2 ohms.

has 225 amp alt and 1/0 big three. and big 3 throughout the truck.

going to switch subs out if i dont like them to much for something else ... we'll see what the ones i got on the way do :)

Aren't you using the Z1 ? :(

My thoughts exactly :blink: , thats a sexy amp !

i sold the Z1 ALONG TIME AGO

i wish i wouldve never sold it now. how i miss it.

ill have a Z2LV soon though. as well as some 22" BTL's or Level 5 18's. whichever i decide to do.

Very impressive! That is gonna move some serious air!

:drink40:

Very impressive! That is gonna move some serious air!

:drink40:

X2

I got a comment for you.

But you got to PM me to tell me you are online to get it ;)

morewall002.jpg

morewall003.jpg

morewall004.jpg

morewall005.jpg

morewall006.jpg

gonna glass the port brace in, the seams of the port and screw the back piece to the back wall then hope to work on the beauty panel before sbn ..... running outta time though cause i gotta be a ported box for 3 12's tomorrow as well :( :BULLchit:

Welcome to T.B.C. =D

Oh yeahhhhhh

One person to let them know. Then I'm locking the membership applications for a while.

well, everything is up and running.

i think i have to much port, and i DO have box flex on the back piece. not to big of a deal.

Rebuild coming soon.

pics anyone?

Edited by dwright27

Team Bad Company

and a short vid.

upandrunning001.jpg

upandrunning002.jpg

upandrunning003.jpg

Like i said, home depot didnt have any whole sheets so i spliced one for the back wall. got another few braces to put in if i have time :)

upandrunning004.jpg

upandrunning005.jpg

short vid.

th_upandrunning006.jpg

ill take some decent daytime vids tomorrow. got a bit of windshield flex :)

Even though im tuned at 35 it KILLS the lows.