baggedbirds.com

Wall socket'd my 12ssd thats going for recone

For those that don't make it SMD

Here it is. It's a D1 model, in series for the video. They are going in for a recone to change the ohms of the coil. I told my wife we were doing it, i guess she didn't know what to expect. You will hear I got busted. The lights in the house were dimming pretty bad. you can see it in the video.

The dust cap was warm and the felt pads had burn marks from the tinsel leads. It sticks really bad but it still works.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/bag...nt=100_4240.flv

after

The woofer still stinks.

It moves freely, but i hooked it up again to get a reading at my house panel. We have digital meters in our area now.

my normal Kwh is between .5 Kwh and 1.2 Kwh

When that sub is going it's 4.7 Kwh

Kwh is Kilo-Watts per hour. Throw out the "per hour" thats the billing portion. So 1.2 Kwh is 1200watts this is how i understand it. So 4.7 Kwh is 4700watts for the house

so:

.5 Kwh before woofer - 4.7 Kwh woofer going = 4200 watts to a 12ssd. Not for very long but thats a lot of power IMO

left coil was the socket'd

100_4241.jpg

burned felt pad

100_4243.jpg

haha, thats classic.

if you dont mind me asking, is there a way to determine power w/o a digital readout? i'm gonna be doing this w/ my nightshade 15 in a few days, but want to know what kinda power im getting.

does it have to be at 2ohms, or doesnt matter? i have a d1 sub also.

ill prob build a ~55hz box for the test and have a vid w/ the TL to see that kinda #s come up too.

Sometimes we all have to listen to the boss. :wacky:

I never thought an SSD would fair that well plugged into 120v.

haha, thats classic.

if you dont mind me asking, is there a way to determine power w/o a digital readout? i'm gonna be doing this w/ my nightshade 15 in a few days, but want to know what kinda power im getting.

does it have to be at 2ohms, or doesnt matter? i have a d1 sub also.

ill prob build a ~55hz box for the test and have a vid w/ the TL to see that kinda #s come up too.

I am not quite sure. I don't have a clamp on meter but it you had one you couls use that reading ti figure out what the wattage is. I am guessing by looking at my house panel, assuming my logic is correct but I am not sure it is. I wired to 2 ohm just becuase I am too chicken to go 1/2 ohm and try it. But that is just the ohm at rest, I am not sure what ohm it was while playing I didn't check

Edited by baggedbirds.com

You'd need a clamp meter to accurately figure out how much power (in wattage) was actually going to the subs. That number you pulled off of your meter isn't the normal wattage you've grown accustomed to.

Edit: ahahahah your wife sounded PISSED

uhh did you say Fi as "figh"? everytime ive heard it spoke in person, it was pronounced "eff" "eye". so is it figh or effeye?

Edited by 01 S 10

lol. way to piss off the old lady.

Nice truck BTW

Sounds like she has a mean streak. haha

uhh did you say Fi as "figh"? everytime ive heard it spoke in person, it was pronounced "eff" "eye". so is it figh or effeye?

as far as i know it is pronounced "figh" according to how scott says it.

I like to say ''eff eye'' also.......but the correct way is ''figh''

I like to say ''eff eye'' also.......but the correct way is ''figh''

yeah lol, seems like when people see it they will ask "what iz **** yo?!? ", i think its easier for them to understand Eff Eye, than FIGH :Doh:

Damn FiTards can't even pronounce their own company boner correctly.

LOL

Was just about to say the same thing.

Your wife was good and pissed, lol.

"CUT IT OUT" ..... "THE WHOLE HOUSE IS BLACKING OUT"

That there is priceless!.... :bigclap:

Some women just don't under stand what fun is.

Edited by OldSkool_08

GOT THEM BACK

Ice Blue cap -which is a vinyl logo this time, my first logo was screened on the cap.

some fancy new tinsel leads

boy the suspension sure is stiff when its fresh.

100_4258.jpg

100_4257.jpg

100_4259.jpg

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT SAID IT EFF EYE I TRY TO SAY FIGH BUTT NO ONE REMEBERS

LOL the boss laid down the law eh Scott? :D:)

Good stuff man.