Booming Lex

No warranty on the BTLs ???

I was about to place a order for a pair of BTLs until I read the warranty info

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED?

This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. *DUE TO THE EXTREME NATURE OF ITS INTENDED USAGE, THE BTL SERIES OF SUBWOOFERS HAS NO WARRANTY COVERAGE (outside of arriving in proper working condition after shipping)"

So if I want a sub with warranty coverage I have to choose a lower line like the BLs?

..dont abuse it (to much) and u will be fine

its because its a comp sub..... they will fix the sub if it does not work right out of the box...

other then that... natha....

think about it this way.. would you warrenty a race car?? nah its GOING to be abused. people are gonna throw tons of power at a sub like that...

its pretty standerd.

check out sundown if you would like.

edit: what did you plan to power those BTL's with

If you screw up something that can't be replaced with a recone something is really wrong anyway.

After much comparing and thinking. I went ahead with Digital Designs 9500s. Thanks for all the input.

Edited by Booming Lex

Nobody covers abuse..

Everybody covers defects..

It's industry standard. If your silly with something and do something dumb nobody is going to cover anything under warranty..

sub warrenty has allways made me laugh a lil.

You'll blow 9500s as easily as BTLs, MTs, etc....

If you have enough power to push these subs to, and beyond thier limits, having a warranty is pointless....

Nobody covers abuse..

It's industry standard. If your silly with something and do something dumb nobody is going to cover anything under warranty..

True. But if you are going to spend almost $500.00 on a subwoofer it would be nice to have a little assurance.

But to each his own. I am not bashing Fi by any means. Its just one thing I don't agree with. I just sleep better a night knowing that my pair of subs have some kind of written warranty.

Nobody covers abuse..

True. But if you are going to spend almost $500.00 on a subwoofer it would be nice to have a little assurance.

But to each his own. I am not bashing Fi by any means. Its just one thing I don't agree with. I just sleep better a night knowing that my pair of subs have some kind of written warranty.

You're going to have a very hard time blowing the BTL's. What type of warranty do the DD's have?

Nobody covers abuse..

That's why re-cones are available in case of thermal failure. Fi builds thece things extremely strong to prevent mechanical failure, I have NEVER seen a BTL break due to mechanical stress(From daily driving, not SPL)

Nobody covers abuse..

They have as much warranty as the BTL's do.

They do not cover abuse, they do not cover open coils. (Which is the only way speakers break btw) It covers manufacturing defect..that's it. 9500's are in the ~800 dollar range now right?

Bottom line is we're not out to screw anybody, if it is our fault we'll say it is our fault and we'll fix it, Regardless of what series it is. But we will not warranty abuse/being silly...nobody else will either.

So in essence..you've got the exact same warranty by going with the 9500...

Nobody covers abuse..

They have as much warranty as the BTL's do.

They do not cover abuse, they do not cover open coils. (Which is the only way speakers break btw) It covers manufacturing defect..that's it. 9500's are in the ~800 dollar range now right?

Bottom line is we're not out to screw anybody, if it is our fault we'll say it is our fault and we'll fix it, Regardless of what series it is. But we will not warranty abuse/being silly...nobody else will either.

So in essence..you've got the exact same warranty by going with the 9500...

But you're spending more money.

Think of it like this...your brand new ford focus has a warranty right..against defects..and recalls.

But if you drive it into a concrete wall at 60mph do you expect ford to cover it under warranty..because you drove it into the wall?

;)

maybe... now... DD covers blowin up subs under warranty ... :P blow one ...get one recone free

maybe... now... DD covers blowin up subs under warranty ... :P blow one ...get one recone free

That's probably why they charge so much, they can afford to send you a recone after robbing you.

That's probably why they charge so much, they can afford to send you a recone after robbing you.

.. and than they do it again if u send the sub back for a recone :bigclap:

Lets say they do cover the first recone. What if you bought the btl for $500/ea and never blew it. You just saved yourself $600 on the pair of subs and can no afford 4 recones. It's simple math. You my friend didn't use logic, there for got robbed.

First all $800.00 is retail. I paid a no where near that. I just paid a few bucks more than a BTL, from a authorized DD dealer.

you should have known this would happen....

fi sundown ia

you should have known this would happen....

fi sundown ia

Its cool it doesn't bother me. Everyone has there right to their own opinion and to choose what they want to own.

lol as a dd dealer i can tell you thats not the case

First all $800.00 is retail. I paid a no where near that. I just paid a few bucks more than a BTL, from a authorized DD dealer.

when you could have paid "a few bucks less" for a btl....with the same coverage...

dont get it.

In defence of the OP, he really just made a choice based on what he thought would protect him more. Really no use in making him feal bad about it.

Something to learn from this though is consumerism in action, and how horrible of a state we're in. The OP is already looking at high end "boutique" type audio. Quite a specialized selection out there, but simple because of some fancy warranty wording he got bamboozeled. I have a feeling though, that in this situation it sounds like there is likely to be an issue anyway.

It reminds me of the Chris Farly movie where he says "If you want a warranty, I can sh*t in a box and give you a warranty that it's sh*t" Or something to that effect. It really says it all.

It's all about CS and fi definately has some of the best CS on the planet IMHO